[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
I can do telepathy EASY! - NSA : Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy - Page 22 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

I can do telepathy EASY! - NSA

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: I can do telepathy EASY! - NSA

Postby Arouet » 25 Feb 2011, 19:15

I think I see why you think there is more going on than there is here. Even when you miss, you correct yourself after the reveal and in your mind it becomes a hit.
Arouet

Postby Arouet » 25 Feb 2011, 19:20

Also, I don't get your scoring. Why do you simply call 2/4 a pass? You will get 2/4 approximately 25% of the time. To say that it means anything you need to show that you get 2/4 significantly more often than 25% of the time. And it must be over a significant sample. It is meaningless on it's own.
Arouet

Postby G. ADAM » 25 Feb 2011, 20:44

G. ADAM

Postby G. ADAM » 25 Feb 2011, 20:51

G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 25 Feb 2011, 22:20

I told you I would take some time to review the stat portion, I finally did so yesterday (before you were a jerk once again). I'm on my blackberry so will have to keep this short. A 2/4 guess will occur 6/24 or 25% of the time by chance. For something interesting to be going on here you need to exceed that to a statistical degree of significance. I'm no stats expert but would you agree with that?
Arouet

Postby really? » 25 Feb 2011, 23:03

really?

Postby G. ADAM » 25 Feb 2011, 23:41

G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 26 Feb 2011, 00:00

You're a real piece of work, G. Adam. You act like an ass to me, insult me (I assume the skeptic line was an attempt at an insult) and you still want my help?

I don't know that you can just add up all the hits and misses given a protocol like this. Given that we're dealing with ordering words. Maybe you can, but I'd need someone knowlegeable to confirm. I don't have the expertise and I'm not going to take your word for it.

Besides, you haven't even acknowledged that just guessing 2/4 is meaningless on its own. Have you ever consulted a stats forum to help you put together a propper protocol?
Arouet

Postby G. ADAM » 26 Feb 2011, 00:19

huh? I assumed by your stats post you were taking it on the chin and going on.

I meant proverbial skeptic, I tried to justify myself and point out your good qualities and get blasted for that too!

You know if you let me handle the protocol and you just tele-asked the questions I'd be $1,000,000 richer by now!
G. ADAM

Postby derrida » 26 Feb 2011, 00:45

so.. according to you Adam
you got 10 hits?
really??
derrida

Postby G. ADAM » 26 Feb 2011, 01:00

G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 26 Feb 2011, 03:37

Still on my BB so can't go into detail, but combiniong the hits here seems to give you better odds than doing it individually - so combining won't work. G Adam do you agree?
Arouet

Postby derrida » 26 Feb 2011, 04:31

derrida

Postby derrida » 26 Feb 2011, 04:34

derrida

Postby G. ADAM » 26 Feb 2011, 08:08

G. ADAM

PreviousNext

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy