View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Awesome show Craig Browning doesnt want you to see

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: Awesome show Craig Browning doesnt want you to see

Postby ciscop » 25 May 2010, 00:48

now you are rambling about observational skills
that´s not a psychic

either you are doing something supernatural or you are just using your sherlock holmes skills

and when somebody says he is doing it the supernatural way
i am sorry, he should be ridicule on live tv.. (all right.. maybe not that).

also craig, you can call yourself whatever you want
but like i have said earlier, you talk about mcguill and jon st germain.. both guys that write books about how to FAKE psychic skill.. that isnt psychic, they just fake it, you fake it
you can use whatever system you want. it is just rambling and telling vague stuff, sometimes you have hits, sometimes you miss.. thats it
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Craig Browning » 25 May 2010, 05:32

John St. Germain, Richard Webster and several others (I don't recall Ormand having done so) all write for the Shut Eye market as did Bob Nelson and others of his day... it's part of The Business and what we present is based on personal truth and experience.

You start off about my "Rambling on" about "Observation Techniques" and in so doing ignore what I'm trying to clarify... the fact that such things actually are a primary part of what true psychic ability is... even Edgar Cayce points this out in some of his work. You are confusing the fantasy of things psychic just as the New Agers do, allowing the "Hollywood idea" to blind you rather than the facts. Which btw... if observational skills aren't how "Psychic's Do it" why do you cynical types keep insisting that it is? :shock:

I will point out another thing...the fact that you obviously haven't a clue as to what you're talking about when it comes to this sort of thing; especially doing Readings and the whole "ramble, ramble, ramble" and using this line and that line to generate possible hits, etc. That's miles away from what actually is done and yes, it does matter not only what system(s) you incorporate but the fact that you actually KNOW THEM... John St. Germain knows Palmistry exceptionally well, where Webster is a Numerology Master. We aren't using little slips of paper for people to write on or some overpriced clip-board (though we might own such things and know how to use them) when we are doing "the work"... there's a huge difference between what we do as ENTERTAINERS vs. what we do when we are working a shut-eye event. On top of these fact I'd suggest you go back and re-read what Tony Corinda has to say about doing Private Readings and maybe take into consideration Bob Cassidy's dissertation on Cold Reading... you need to also consider who you are arguing with when it comes to this topic; I've written several books on this topic and own most of those I didn't write so I do know the in's & outs from both points of view.

Your view and your turning "off" your mind when I start explaining the viable and actual sides to Psychic work and "Psychic" Development proves that you are like all the other wannabes of the magic world. You have embraced the present day myth that being a magician means you can't believe in anything that don't fit into a particular set of niches and more so, if you can invent a way to replicate a particular phenomena you have "proven" whatever it is to be fraud... a delusion that is just as said and disappointing as watching those New Agers that think themselves to be Angels and sprouting invisible wings, jumping off hillsides in the Arizona dessert :roll: (I'm not kidding... look up the 11:11 Cult).

I stop my "rambling" here in that I want to keep the rest of my pearls...
Craig Browning

Postby ciscop » 26 May 2010, 08:41

i dont doubt your systems are good (or great)
i just doubt they are psychic

they are just systems to say vague stuff that applies to everyone
thats what webster does, thats what jon does
i am not saying you are using impression pads, i am saying
if you own the ¨james bond system¨ you get away with murder just by associating a person to james bond
and that isnt psychic, thats just rambling

it is just mumbo jumbo
lets say webster does my numerology, jon reads my craneum (oh, yes you know he has a reading on that) and you read my tea.. chances are all 3 readings will be vague enought they will all coincide.. or you 3 get far away stuff and of course somebody will hit... there´s just an amount of things it could happen to a person.. ¨one relative will pass away and you will suffer¨ ¨you change lane of work¨ ¨you will meet an interesting person¨ ¨you will consider upgrading your car¨ ..
why do they all differ?.. because none of those systems are real
they are supposed to be just entertaining, not to be taken as real, and thats how people take them
it is just mumbo jumbo and you know it

are you telling me by reading your own tea you know you will get a call from david copperfield to buy one of your new illusions for 2011?..
give me specifics not just vague stuff
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Craig Browning » 26 May 2010, 20:49

Firstly the James Bond system is great from beginners to learn some basics but far from being a solid "system" (and Bev has been a good friend over the years). When I say "Palmistry" I'm talking about someone, like Jon, that has invested many, many years into it.

I had a client some years ago that got pissed off by my Reading so she stormed out of the office and goes to see another psychic and then a another and then another... ALL OF US (6 IN TOTAL) TOLD HER (more or less) THE SAME EXACT THINGS. Not because of any script or networking but as the result of doing our job USING A SYSTEM and relying on that information properly and translating it properly. It's not "blah, blah, bla, bull shit, bull shit" when you have someone that actually knows the work vs. what magicians and skeptics want to believe or "cherry pick " out of what it is we do. Your two biggest "explanations" being a.) It's all vague innuendo and commonalities; or b.) (when it comes to prophetic factors or generation connections) "self-fulfilling" scenarios; either the client fills in certain blanks during the session or post session. Sometimes those blanks or uncertainties pertain to some kind of future event.

I have always found it humorous the fact that Skeptics poo-poo the idea that "thought creates" and yet it is the very core essence to one of their favorite cop-out lines :roll:

I have never stated that there aren't pseudo-psychic operators out there that don't fit the mold you want to placed all psychics into, nor have I denied the fact that a very large number of them exist. Sadly, every fool that's picked up a Tarot deck and studied the book for a couple of months believes themselves a "Psychic" which is far, far, far from the reality and a truth that can be applied to any and all of the physical oracles.

While I have stressed the issue of mental development and awareness, education and discipline are also primary keys to what I've stated and without a clear line of thought, being "grounded" (focused) it is nearly impossible to discern the symbolism being "revealed" to you, which is the job. It is likewise why the majority of honest SKEPTICS that come into our ranks find themselves in shock, the first time they really do let down all the rationalism and ego-based horse-pucky they've been told to believe... when they finally start to honestly work with the process they get blown out of the water by what happens. Something that's not possible when ego and self-righteousness prevent you from being able to "see", let alone understand the whole translation/discernment factor.

One of the oracles I use is known as the Abukera... one day during a Psychic Fair in Ohio a young lady sat down and we began the Reading... the cards kept referring to a long lost love... something to do with war, military, money, etc. At first it didn't make sense to either of us so I grabbed out another deck (tarot) to cross check myself (a very common action by solid Readers I might add... we'll also look things up in the various books we have on this or that oracle); again, the same issues were showing. Suddenly the woman started crying... seems that her first faience was MIA during Vietnam. The cards suggested that within "3" (the key term) days, weeks or even months she would receive official paperwork from the Department of the Army pertaining to this situation and with it an award for benefits...

A week later she called the producer of the event who put us together; she had received the letter 3 days after the Psychic Fair and was named beneficiary to his life insurance policy. Seems the Army was settling on MIAs more than 30 years missing.

Understand, there was absolutely no way for me to discern this kind of highly accurate information just by looking at her, it was the method that aided me in pulling all the parts of the puzzle together. But too, my willingness to participate in the process and not let my will, ego, bias, etc. to interfere. I can promise you, there's not one of the gents you've mentioned let alone the myriad of other MENTALISTS who likewise do Readings, who haven't similar stories. It simply goes back to you having only part of the information and no willingness to learn perspectives that could threaten that belief... the lie that it's just "ramble, ramble, vague stuff". But then, we tend to only see what we want in some scenario; especially when they threaten preconceived ideas on a topic.

Even by your own words, it's obvious that I'm not a sham operator out to prey on the public. You know that I have a fairly high degree of ethics when it comes to all of this stuff as well as a critical eye. So maybe... just maybe... you can get off your ball busting campaign and accept the fact that I simply know far more about both, the subject at hand as well as the people from within the Magic/Mentalism community and what they do in the field when they do Reading work.
Craig Browning

Postby Mintiparu » 11 Jan 2013, 08:02

Craig, I, personally, am unaware of Brown claiming to use NLP, although I admit, I don't really follow mentalists all that much so I am at a disadvantage compared to you. However, after a brief search, I did find this quote in reference to Derren Brown: "He calls NLP 'the Frankenstein grandchild of Ericksonian'." Additional information appears to indicate that Brown does NOT claim to use NLP. According to http://www.straightdope.com/columns/rea ... s-nlp-work , "(3) What does NLP have to do with Derren Brown's feats of "mind control"? Here, at last, we can offer a definitive answer: nothing at all. In his own book, Tricks of the Mind, Brown writes, “I now have a lot of NLPers analysing my TV work in their own terms, as well as people who say that I myself unfairly claim to be using NLP whenever I perform (the truth is I have never mentioned it)." He adds that he does what he does using a mixture of "magic, suggestion, psychology, misdirection and showmanship." It appears you are accusing him of a lie or something else because of your emotional attachment. My perception only, but to compare him to Sylvia Browne is as wrong as two boys in bed.[/quote]

What's wrong with two boys in bed..
Mintiparu

Previous

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy