[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
WARNING: The Behavior Here Has To Change : JREF / Randi Challenge • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

WARNING: The Behavior Here Has To Change

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

WARNING: The Behavior Here Has To Change

Postby Eteponge » 09 Aug 2009, 15:15

I haven't banned anybody yet (well except for one, for putting on his troll face and not cooperating at all.) I agreed to be very tolerant, give plenty of warnings, etc, to *all sides* of the debate and discussion, when I became moderator, and that's why I've been lax on banning people. I'll let Skeptics and Believers say what they want, as long as it remains civil enough.

EDIT: Insults are unavoidable in these debates / discussions it seems. Everyone says offensive things in the heat of the moment. So, I'm revising this topic to state that mainly unapologetic extreme libel statements (that obviously cross the line) And SPAMMING (and non-cooperation when warned and addressed by the Moderator) are bannable. And this if the person isn't going to apologize, cooperate, calm down, Etc, when warned, that will be the ban.

Hostile / Obvious Flame War threads will still be locked though, even if the person apologizes.

Here's what needs to be calmed down ...

* The Professor - Stop making Randi attack threads, stop making slanderous accusations against Randi that you cannot back up with valid evidence, don't post anything else that you can't back up with valid evidence either, stop taunting and harassing the skeptics, and stop responding to their attacks with more attacks. You need to focus on your MDC rejection, your alleged paranormal claims, and your protocols. Not this Randi / Skeptic attack tirade.

* Skeptics / Debunkers - Stop calling his daughter a nutcase, a mental basket case, a crack house addict, etc, unless you have valid evidence of this beyond insults of course, and even if you do, that's not appropriate terms to use towards ANYONE'S daughter, nor is dragging someone's family into a flame war appropriate. And stop responding to his attacks with more attacks.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Re: WARNING: The Behavior Here Has To Change

Postby ciscop » 09 Aug 2009, 15:17

i would love if the professor focus on his paranormal claims
since he doesnt claim to have any
he will jump that question
ask him and you will see

:lol: :lol: :D :D
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby The Professor » 10 Aug 2009, 01:04

I have questions ... That's how the majority of my Threads begin ..... With questions.

Simple questions!!!!!!

Sorry folks don't like the answers.

I have never brought others family member into question or called these young ones awful names.
And I never will.

I am shocked that others feel it is necessary to do so !

Just to try to win a fight????

I agree it is a horrible thing to do and I promise I never will!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSED TO TEST FOR A MILLION DOLLARS
The Professor

Postby ciscop » 10 Aug 2009, 01:13

well so far you related jref to nambla, call him a pedophile and wishing him death
you also made threats to many of us

you are a maniac
you shouldnt be around kids
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby The Professor » 10 Aug 2009, 02:58

THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSED TO TEST FOR A MILLION DOLLARS
The Professor

Postby ciscop » 10 Aug 2009, 03:03

False accusations?
which one? you did evrything i said
you also stalked criss when you went to england
that will make you a maniac
and maniacs shouldnt be close to kids

and eteponge did said we should stay away from your daughter's topic so we did

We are all waiting for evidence that supports your EVP claims
common dave!!
you care more about slandering randi that you care about building a case for your own claims
thats a tell that you are bluffing, you are just a magician with no capacity to produce evp
:D are you catching up dave? not even in paranormal forums you find people railling up behind you
:D
Last edited by ciscop on 10 Aug 2009, 03:41, edited 2 times in total.
ciscop

Postby Azrael » 10 Aug 2009, 03:15

I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Postby Eteponge » 10 Aug 2009, 05:04

Actually, it seems you can't really leave insults out of heated topics these days, so I'll revise this topic and only say, unapologetic "LIBEL" stuff is really bannable, (like the daughter remarks or calling Randi a pedophile) are ban material, as well as bad form like wishing death on a skeptic, and only if the person does not go back on that statement when warned. Everyone says things in the heat of the moment. I'll be a bit more tolerant to both sides.

As for the guy I banned earlier today, it was because he was so hostile that he wouldn't even apologize or cooperate at all when warned, and called me a "Dummy" rather than calming down, being more coherent, and being nicer. That's why he was so quickly banned.

Dave and the Skeptics at least will PM me apologizing and telling me they will try to be nicer, etc, and both sides make good discussion here. So, I'm more tolerant.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Aug 2009, 03:37

NinjaPuppy

Postby Purple Scissor » 13 Sep 2009, 12:43

Can't you just delete things like "Atheists are the cause of 911 - treat them accordingly" ? It should not even be on there, even if no one responded
viewforum.php?f=7
Purple Scissor

Postby Kevin Kane » 30 Jan 2010, 02:02

Please decide whether this forum is pro-skeptic or anti-skeptic, critical of skepticism, because I WILL NOT ACCEPT DOUBLE STANDARDS!

Do me a favor:

Do not alllow skeptics to control a board devoted to anti-skepticism.
Do not allow skeptics to control conversations.
Do not allow skeptics to insult non-skeptics.
Do not allow skeptics to break the rules of the forum.

It's not my job to keep ciscop in check. That's your job.

And now you're deleting my opinions!? WTF!

If you want to protect James Randi from people's opinions, how about protecting the people who are critical of James Randi from similar or worse opinions? Can you do that?
Kevin Kane

Postby ciscop » 30 Jan 2010, 04:25

ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 30 Jan 2010, 05:31

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 30 Jan 2010, 06:32

ProfWag

Postby Kevin Kane » 31 Jan 2010, 01:51

Let me put it a different way. I don't want skeptic guarddogs chasing me around, barking obscenities at me. I don't want to pet them. I don't want them slobbering on me. They aren't cute but filthy currs. Put a leash on them, put a muzzle on them. And clean up their mess. Skeptic droppings everywhere. It's unsanitary in here. Not safe for non-skeptics or anti-skeptics. I don't want to be near skeptic poop and noise.

I'll come back if these conditions are met, but I am out of here.
Kevin Kane

Next

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge