[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
One-Sided Article in TIME Newsfeed about JREF "Challenge" : JREF / Randi Challenge - Page 3 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

One-Sided Article in TIME Newsfeed about JREF "Challenge"

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: One-Sided Article in TIME Newsfeed about JREF "Challenge

Postby Arouet » 06 Sep 2011, 04:53

Arouet

Postby derrida » 06 Sep 2011, 05:58

oh gosh this site hasnt changed at all.. instead of having just one guy demostrate their psychic abilities is way easier to go after the person that tells you you have nothing but wishful thinking..

JUST ONE GUY!! just ONE GUY you need
but yeah.. thats too much to ask.. lets go after randi..

BS!
derrida

Postby craig weiler » 06 Sep 2011, 06:16

Arouet,

Oh, yeah, Sandy I think her name is. She reads my blog and sent me a link about Persinger. That's how I know about him. Pretty cool stuff that guy is working on. I especially like the one where he matches the magnetic fields of two physically separated people and demonstrates entanglement between their fields.

My point earlier was that when psychic people and those who accept that reality gather, we do not concern ourselves with the science nor do we question whether stuff is "real." We all understand how it works and the etiquette is to never to criticize anyone for what they say they are receiving psychically, even if we disagree. It's psychic stuff and some days are better than others. Because we are all so emotionally sensitive, great care is generally taken to spare people's feelings.
A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for.
craig weiler

Postby Arouet » 06 Sep 2011, 08:51

One can be critical and not rude.

Though I get not getting on each other. I try on these forums not to get into the personal annecdotes that posters will account. It can just get too personal and they inevitably end with: "well, I was there and I know what happened!" and hurt feelings.
Arouet

Postby craig weiler » 06 Sep 2011, 10:04

Yup. Most psychic people I know and have known are extremely touchy about anything questioning them or their abilities whether this questioning is real or imagined. I generally stay supportive and avoid negativity.

I have a way of dealing with these experiences. The more common and ordinary psychic experiences, like knowing how someone was feeling at a particular moment or having a flash about some activity and then having it come true, the more likely I am to take it at face value. When it's something wild like "our son that died has come back to us again as our new baby" I put them in the category of "personal reality." You can't prove it and you can't not prove it. There is no reason to get into a disagreement so I tell them that I respect how they feel about it.
A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for.
craig weiler

Previous

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge