[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Skeptics' ultimate hypocrisy regarding alternative medicine : Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine - Page 4 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Skeptics' ultimate hypocrisy regarding alternative medicine

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Re: Skeptics' ultimate hypocrisy regarding alternative medic

Postby Craig Browning » 03 Nov 2011, 18:07

I got the Randi story from John Riggs and (I'm not positive I could have it confused in my mind, but) I think it was Richard Webster who likewise commented on it; it's been quite the chat of late in certain circles along with Swiss proving to the world that he's an ass during a Radio spot.

Randi along with most other's of his ilk, cannot explain away Astrology when it comes to the many variables involved with proper chart development and influences. When asked about Trines, Squares and other factors he got lost and simply repeated "It doesn't matter, it's all Cold Reading". . . Derren Brown in the UK is known to screen people coming in for show tapings so he doesn't have people who are educated in Psi practice (I'm not talking storefront hustlers, mind you). It's actually disgusting knowing how much creative deck stacking skeptics do and justify when it comes to this sort of thing. It's been done for decades but only recently coming into public notice. . . mainly because the common person out there is tired of the abuse from either side; especially given the fact that the bulk of the world BELIEVES in something divine and beyond what we are or think we are.
Craig Browning

Postby Nostradamus » 03 Nov 2011, 20:17

Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Craig Browning » 04 Nov 2011, 21:28

No, you are over simplifying what I said and as I've noted, I may not be stating things clearly or precisely. I only know that Randi was backed into a corner during a talk "proving the lack of validity of everything" because he couldn't answer the questions put to him by these students by saying anything other than "it's all cold reading. . ." Then, during the break, those students were told they could not come back into the lecture because they were being "disruptive" . . . by questioning the authority and make it look lost and stupid, they were censored/silenced.

I'll actually try to get the details on this one because it was recent (within the past two or three months I believe).
Craig Browning

Postby Nostradamus » 05 Nov 2011, 03:43

I would love to see the details as well. Looking forward to see what actually happened.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Previous

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine