[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Hypnosis : Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Hypnosis

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Hypnosis

Postby ProfWag » 16 Nov 2011, 09:48

Honest question here. I'm thinking seriously about going to see a hypnotist to help me quit by cigar habit that's grown way out of hand. Does anyone have any advice, experience, or other knowledge to help answer my questions like "should I go," "what can I expect," or "what should I look for when deciding which one to go to?
ProfWag

Re: Hypnosis

Postby craig weiler » 16 Nov 2011, 12:28

It's worth a try to see if it works for you. There is no health risk to finding out and even if it's unsuccessful it's worth the money to give it a shot. You will typically get all sorts of conflicting advice on this subject because hypnosis doesn't work on everyone.

I'm like most psychics in that it doesn't work for me. I can stay conscious in altered mental states and that ruins it. I've tried.
A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for.
craig weiler

Postby ProfWag » 16 Nov 2011, 21:32

ProfWag

Postby craig weiler » 17 Nov 2011, 00:12

I wish you the best of luck and great success with this.
A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for.
craig weiler

Postby NinjaPuppy » 17 Nov 2011, 04:12

Good luck on the quitting and keep us posted on how it's going.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 17 Nov 2011, 04:47

You've got to remember that Hypnosis is merely a way of reaching into your subconscious and "programming" you; in this case, helping you better resist something you feel is cause problems in life. There's nothing "mystical", just you being guided by someone helping you reinforce a new way of thinking and creating a new habit or pattern.

I bring this up because folks tend to walk away from a hypno session feeling a bit lost and uncertain, especially if the therapist uses Eriksonian methods vs. the classic induction most of us are familiar with. Understand that you will need to repeat the treatment two or three times in person and from there may want to incorporate either a hypnosis tape or subliminal type system to help reinforce the message over the first 3-6 months, depending on how strong a grip your habit has on you and too, how strong a desire you have to let go and move on.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions, I'll do the best I can to answer them.
Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 17 Nov 2011, 21:37

ProfWag

Postby rob1123 » 09 Feb 2012, 06:28

Hey sorry for necroing this thread, just though I'd throw my two cents into this discussion. I'd recommend using hypnosis for quitting a nicotine addiction, some studies have found that the success rate for it is around 60% which is quite good considering the success rate for patches is around as low as 20%
rob1123

Postby PabloMajid » 14 Feb 2012, 14:35

Some people have complained of false memories after hypnosis. In fact, they were not even aware that their memories were changed but for their family and friends who took notice of the discrepancy.
PabloMajid

Postby Craig Browning » 14 Feb 2012, 23:40

Craig Browning

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine