[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
oh nooooooooooooooooooooo : Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

oh nooooooooooooooooooooo

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

oh nooooooooooooooooooooo

Postby brett » 30 Oct 2009, 22:44

it has been announced today that the most haunted team will be investigating paranormal activities at the Plymouth pavilions ( and surroundings ) next year , i foresee a marked increase in the number of businesses and other places purporting to be "haunted " in the run up to this non event - why do i say this ?? because 1. the pavilions ( and entertainment complex opened in 1991 and built on the site of a former railway station - see here : ) has not been around long enough to BE haunted - 2. as far as is known no deaths have occurred there ( although a few artists may have died one on stage ) and 3' for years i had a challenge out to Plymouth to come forward with one genuine haunting - guess what no takers :roll:

and we wonder why the paranormal is not taken seriously ?? :roll:
brett

Re: oh nooooooooooooooooooooo

Postby ProfWag » 30 Oct 2009, 23:05

ProfWag

Postby brett » 31 Oct 2009, 00:05

ah well prof - the Irish nurse AND the resident reverend ( or may be farther, think he was catholic ?? ) at the hospice where my late wife passed away - told me they had witnessed what they termed as the "resident" spirits , but i suppose it may be that out of respect to relatives they don't tend to discuss such things in the norm , and i was very surprised that the reverend /father would entertain even discussion of such , but he seemed to be quite happy to do so ,and sincere in what he related - he was actually quite interested in the fact that we ( the late wife and myself ) , investigated such things

however i can honestly say i saw nothing untoward as she passed - and have not as yet seen any manifestation of her , BUT , we did discuss that who ever went first should try and come back to let the other know they where OK ( if there was any justice in the world ,my wife should be typing this :( ) , but then again it took my farther 30 odd years after HIS passing to fully materialise to my mother - which he did according to her and I honestly don't think she would fabricate such a story ( + she swore me to never relate what she had told me to my sister or nice , for fear of them thinking she had lost it and institutionalising her )

so may be one day ?? :?
brett

Postby ProfWag » 31 Oct 2009, 00:10

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 31 Oct 2009, 01:07

Hospitals do have some rather interesting stories around them. I had posted a nurses site that had stories of unusual happenings. http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-di ... 08202.html

You'll need to scroll a bit down the page to find the stories.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 31 Oct 2009, 19:32

Thanks for the link NinjaPuppy. Been reading through the stories there. Some are definitely worth a read. One of the interesting aspects of many of the stories is that they are described as to what happened leaving the reader to come to conclusions instead of dictating the result they want you to get out of the story.

One of the amusing ones is the night housekeeper that refuses to assist with a ghost in a room since the ghost is not 'solid'.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 31 Oct 2009, 19:55

Yes, they are rather interesting stories. My daughter used to have a job working in a hospital morgue. She would work nights wheeling the bodies into the cooler room as no one in the hospital would go beyond 'that door'. She thought it was the stupidest thing ever as the hallway would be stacked with bodies and nurses and doctors had no problem going through the maze of gurneys but they would be darned if they would step foot into the actual morgue room.

BTW, she never noticed anything unusual there. Well, unusual for a morgue that is.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 01 Nov 2009, 10:29

Quite interesting NinjaPuppy. I personally do not believe in ghosts, but these anecdotes from people in the fields are really interesting. I'm not sure how many I've read through, but it isn't a common theme even. There is a rich variety of statements from seeing animals, unknown images, humans, non-human bipedals, shapes, other senses, third hand stories, uneasy feelings, calming sensations. It's rather interesting. Really appreciate the link.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 01 Nov 2009, 20:10

The most unusual house that I have had plenty of personal experiences is a house owned by my aunt and uncle. They documented a butt load of unusual activity over 30 years in that home. My favorite was the little Dacshound that would run through their dinning room, around the corner into their Spamalamadingdong. It usually happened during family gatherings while sitting at the table having coffee. If you visited her house and sat down for coffee, you would see this little dog run like hell into the Spamalamadingdong. Some days it would be a constant thing, however, you never saw it come out and go the other way. The strange thing was there was a doorway to the living room that had been closed up to accomodate their refrigerator, so it was assumed it just went around in circles as it had before the renovations.

I remember always going into the Spamalamadingdong to try to find the dog. They didn't have a dog. Or a cat. Just a ghost. My aunt used to boast that her dog never needed to be fed, walked, and of course, no messy dog hair on the furniture. Of course all of those duties may have been tended to by whatever it was that kept turning on their shower and placing her sewing basket in the middle of the living room. She'd would put it back in the bedroom closet and run to the store and find it back in the middle of the living room. My uncle was a plumber so the shower was in perfect working order....hmmm, plumber...ghosts....I see a connection here. LOL.
NinjaPuppy

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits