[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Life after death : Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits - Page 3 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Life after death

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

Re: Life after death

Postby Js1981 » 05 Jul 2011, 22:17

Off Topic.
Want to elaborate on Sound/Visions/OBE/NDE via my own experience of Lucid Dreaming.

After years of doing it I came by luck to ability of scripting my own dreams and connecting to my body senses. I too thought at the begining that I see divine world etc.
The problem I have is that I can create OBE, NDE by dreaming and realizing about it, I can too lower my body temperature if I dream of cold etc.
I do speak to my dream characters for real. If I get stuck I shout in my dream andy girfriends starts hearing my real body shouting and as we agreed she wakes me up.
I can create OBE, Astral Projection, Slow The Time Down in my sleep.
The thing is that all those things do happen in my brain not out of it.
I managed to contradict a scientist to the level of him saying he was wrong and I was right.
All mediumship or other unexplained happen in my brain.
As years passed I started to stop being shocked and analyzed all details of my OBE, NDE and AP and came to conclusion that it looks 100per cent real if you create the effect in the place you know. Otherwise your brain fills the gaps of unknown using logical memory.
I see machines while floating at hospital, it just they look different to the real ones when I wake up cos I know nothing about hospital equipment I just know that there should be some machines there.
I can give dozen other examples, I can basicalt talk to my mind or see myself dreaming as a spectactor. More my lucid dreams have more propability and correctness than all NDE' put together.
Why do I know it? Cos I am aware and can wake up at any point of it still knowing that it was just a very real looking dream.
My mind can role play too, just like in the movie.
Those tapes sound like my roles in my dreams if I go along with it.

I didn't come here to attack anyone, I am not perfectly sceptic it just I know based on my own experiment and experience that it is an illusion, no assumption here, stopped assuming quite few years back when I regained a full control of my conciousness at any state of sleep or trans.

What do you think - thanks
Js1981

Postby CHUCKFTA » 14 Jul 2011, 03:44

On the subject lucid dreaming, you brought up which looks out of place here, I prefer to keep to the topic in general,Life after Death. I did read one book on that subject, “Lucid Waking” by George Feuerstein, but that has been years now .
I see you brought up the subject Leslie flint at JREF,that is a very hostile environment for this subject, I've been a member there since the Dec09and have never chosen to bring up the subject of Leslie Flint knowing the hostilely and cynicism brought against one who tries to bring up Flint.
One will never get any headway on the discussion of that matter. One poster suggest that during the testing of Leslie flint they should have used an infrared camera to photograph the voice box. If he had done his research thoroughly at least by reading the book “Voices in the Dark” he would have found out that they used an infrared telescope ( found on pg. 168) to observe the voice box. These people who criticize the medium ship of this person without even doing any research on the person I have no time for discussion or debate.
Another argument is the communicator doesn’t sound like the person that he/she when alive. If you never heard of a recording of your voice would you know what it would sound like, when using ones own natural larynx? These communicators are using an artificial created one to speak through.
Flint was not an educated man,he quit his early years of school to work to support his grandmother. He was not good at giving speeches, from which one would gather from listening to lectures he gave, against listening to these recordings.
Now to branch off from this topic,but having ties to it,I'd like to bring up the subject of “the mind being separate from the brain”. I think you will find this YouTube video of Dr. Pim van Lommel,a renowned cardiologist,was so inspired by the stories his patients told of their near-death experiences that he became the first medical practitioner to risk his reputation with a full, systematic clinical trial into the phenomenon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOeLJCdHojU
CHUCKFTA

Postby Js1981 » 14 Jul 2011, 17:24

I studied those too.
He also offers his own empirical evidence.

Yes, I brought Flint up. Yes, I got stick for other posts too.
The problem I have with both forums is that:
JREF takes uneducated study just to bash a touchable evidence forgetting that Randi is only a stage magician who designes a test, he isn't a scientist, he only concludes lack of paranormal based on that test.

This forum:
As a base of empirical conclusion you give phisical experiment without a conclusion connected to that experiment.

I merely stated that NDE', OBE, Astral Projection aren't paranormal, they are a body state often called paranormal by poeple who want them to be and have no knowledge of them.

This forum is more open minded about philosophy as JREF people often don't know basics of science, they just bash.
However both forums are quite close minded if it comes to the conclusion.

As an example one of biggest poles:
Randi designed a test, noone past it. However he denies scientifical facts which he has no knowledge to even understand.
Zammit claims to speak to dead poeple, he and the circle claim phiscal evidence yet he started anothe challenge. Rather than him proving existence of his phisical experiment he wants someone to prove that he doesn't have one.
Delusion and nonsense. How can you prove that something whoch doesn't exist on fact doesn't exist? Paradox and nonsense from the person claming to have proof.

Lucid Dreaming is a subject connected as it explained all experiments by Sam Parnia so far, it debunked OBE too with OBE experiment hitting 0 rate correct guesses, less that coincidemce rate.

If I see a telepathical experience with a high hit rate. Doesn't mean I am don't see it cos JREf says?
If I see a telepathical experience with a high hit rate. Doesn't meant that it is a 'high conciousness', reincarnation, telepathy etc becouse this forum says?

Both: sceptics and belivers seem to not want to knwo the actual answer, just connect some evidence to make the conclusion look or sceptical or beliving.

My own personal opinion.
Js1981

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 15 Jul 2011, 00:15

"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Postby ProfWag » 15 Jul 2011, 23:58

I kept waiting for the punch line on the Christian and the Atheist story until I realized it wasn't a joke... :-)
You're idea of dying appears so....final...
I sill think, however, that if one had no doubt about an afterlilfe--I mean zero doubt that the soul would continue--then dying would be someone wanted and cherised rather than trying to keep oneself alive regardless of the circumstance.
ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 16 Jul 2011, 00:32

Craig Browning

Previous

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits