[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wisdom of the Mystic Masters : Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Wisdom of the Mystic Masters

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

Wisdom of the Mystic Masters

Postby ProfWag » 25 Oct 2011, 02:50

Sooooo, I had to follow my wife into one of those meta-physical bookstores over the weekend as she was hoping to find a new yoga book. You know the place, books laying all over the place, many of them used and laying on top of each other instead of side by side. The place that will have a whole shelf devoted to the Lost City of Atlantis then the next shelf is a Louis L'amour collection. The smell of incense permeates the air. The lady behind the counter offers readings whilst the man at the computer searches high and low for a new kind of crystal healing device. Got the picture?
Anyway, I'm browsing the Cryptozoology shelves and lo and behold, there it is laying on top of a stack of Sylvia Browne books, but nothing less than the Wisdom of the Mystic Masters itself!
So, because I felt this guilt complex rush over me as I thought about passing it up and I knew Craig B was probably watching me from afar with his own psychic wisdom, I decided to buy it. It's hard to pass up a challenge, ya know.
This morning, after my first cup of coffee and second cigar, I decided to warm up the ol' toilet seat and give the book a go.
The first page--THE first page CB, it proudly announces how we use only 5% of our brain and even genius' only use 15%. Thanks to brain scans, we now know that is probably not true at all. Additionally, I didn't know it was going to cover Rosicrucianism, but it appears that it will be quite devoted to that wonderful secret society.
Because of the disappointing first 2 pages, must I continue through the whole book?
Last edited by ProfWag on 25 Oct 2011, 02:56, edited 1 time in total.
ProfWag

Re: Wisdom of the Mystic Masters

Postby Arouet » 25 Oct 2011, 02:56

re: the 5%: when was the book written? It might have been a forgivable mistake at the time.
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 25 Oct 2011, 02:59

ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 25 Oct 2011, 19:57

In the time that book was written such as a "scientific" assumption -- a theory based on how everyone compared to dear old Uncle Albert :twisted: I'd think you read enough to understand that.

I do think the first printing of that book is a bit older than 68. . . I want to say 57 but I may be wrong.
Craig Browning

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits