[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Questions about Reincarnation and Afterlife planes : Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits - Page 4 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Questions about Reincarnation and Afterlife planes

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

Re: Questions about Reincarnation and Afterlife planes

Postby NinjaPuppy » 18 Feb 2011, 01:56

NinjaPuppy

Postby caniswalensis » 18 Feb 2011, 02:09

caniswalensis

Postby Craig Browning » 18 Feb 2011, 06:15

Craig Browning

Postby Paradox » 28 Feb 2011, 18:57

Perhaps as Silver Birch has said different fragaments of an oversoul could reincarnate. There are no spirit nurseries for spirits are eternal so the new incarnations onto the earth to make up for the population surge likely come from different fragaments of a single oversoul or come right from the source of Mind itself. Trying to understand why if reincarnation is true why we don't remember our past lives while alive actually makes sense to me. This would destroy the purpose of your new incarnation and future life experience. We are here to live in this life and not worry about the next one or past lives. I believe you evaluate the lessons learned in spirit upon death. The information filter barrier that seperates our conscious mind from our subconscious mind seems to do the trick of deliberately creating amnesia. If all information throughout the universe is immediately available to every mind through a gigantic neural networking link then this information filter barrier is necessary to prevent information overload from destroying our minds as well as each one of our life experiences in both the physical and etheric worlds. Leaks in the information filter barrier would be responsible for most paranormal activity especially phenomena related to esp, telepathy and mediumship. Sometimes I wonder if animals have a higher sense of this information flow that they can just sense certain things. I've also always wondered if this is how some birds know how to migrate and navigate themselves to their destinations.
Truth is stranger than fiction.
Paradox

Postby Craig Browning » 01 Mar 2011, 06:53

Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 01 Mar 2011, 07:20

I looked some at the work of Dr. Ian Stevenson. It is interesting, but I need to look into it mor. Even better, I need to know what other experts say about his methodology. I looked once, but only found a few critiques. His work doesn't seem to have attracted that much attention. As a non-expert, I really like to the see the dabate before making up my minds.

From what I've seen, there are problems with many of these stories. Most, were stories that were consolidated long before the researcher got there. That makes them inherently suspect - like you said in the other post, memories are feeeble things. I am constantly amazed by what my children pick up, there are little sponges of information and learn words and concepts that I didn't teach them and have no idea where they got them. That's not to say that I think they are all wrong, or fraudulent, just that I think old stories like that are unreliable. And kids are very susceptible to suggestion.

I think it is a very difficult topic to examine. But that's the catch-22. Absent reliable evidence as a skeptic I must withhold belief.
Arouet

Postby Craig Browning » 01 Mar 2011, 13:14

I have a magazine article around here some place, when I find it and can point you to it, I believe you'll find things rather interesting; it certainly got me to thinking when I read it.
Craig Browning

Previous

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits