[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Does genetics debunk god? : Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Does genetics debunk god?

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

Does genetics debunk god?

Postby Maddogkull » 15 May 2010, 04:07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2GY9AHqeKM

Watch it.

But overall it seems like EVERY geneticist I know and hear of does not believe in god. They say throughout university they realise that with DNA, RNA and evolution god/afterlife is basically impossible. What do you guys think of this?
Maddogkull

Re: Does genetics debunk god?

Postby Craig Browning » 15 May 2010, 09:35

Are you wanting to know what we think or are you looking for an argument in which God wins?

Pardon my forwardness but this past week seems to have been a "how big an ass can fundamentalist Christian's make themselves" week... at least in my world.

According to author Migene Gonzalez-Wippler's amazing book A Kabbalah For The Modern World Science actually has proven the existence of God based on the auspices of Jewish Mysticism and the parameters of basic Physics. So there is no real argument when it comes to the fact that science can sustain the idea of a divine intelligence. The problem is, everyone with a leather-bound suppository to quote passages from wants that defined idea to reflect what they believe to be "right" when in truth, they are a million light-years away from analytical reality.

I would bet that it is quite safe to say that even to the chagrin of most Atheists, they can agree within a reasonable manner, that not only does the Gonzalez-Wippler theory hold a degree of credence but what most older philosophies teach when it comes to the soul and the divine actually comes closer to their position than anything coming from the Abrahamic traditions. Buddhism is the easiest reference source in that most people that haven't lived in a cave the past thirty years or so, have seen the artwork of Buddha in Lotus position with transparent images of himself expanding outwardly... kind of like those Russian Nesting Dolls. This imagery depicts Buddha looking within in order to connect with his higher self a.k.a. God. Even in the New Testament Jesus intimates a similar mode of communion... but then again, much that was set within the "original" gospel message echoed Buddhist ideologies until the mid and latter years of the 3rd century... reincarnation being obliterated by the latter 5th century... but then when you know such facts about "Church" history you have a logical reason to question authority, don't you?

We can go back in time nearly 5,000 years to the teachings of Hermes Trismegistus whose first axiom of wisdom is that ALL IS MIND; MIND IS ALL - The mind creates all and without mind nothing exists. The "Mind" being the "creator" or "father" via which the spark of creation is given... "light" being the result of those neurons that spark when we conceive of a thing e.g. from darkness comes light and from the light, manifestation... it's quite biblical but likewise a common concept taught to humanity over the eons by way of countless metaphors or "myths"... even the whole Genesis tale in the Old Testament is based on a far older tradition that was established several thousands miles away from the theoretical "Eden", in the Kashmir/Indus Valley regions. Even to date, you will find cave paintings telling of the six days of creation and sacred day of rest by Shiva when in his Androgynous state... but then most of the Creator deities, even biblically, were Hermaphrodite in composition (or have you ever wondered why feminine terms were used to refer to the creator God in Genesis well into the days of the Exodus, when Moses sold the soul of Israel to a deity known as Yahweh... NOT the Father Creator... if we are to hold to the theological lore tied to such things... it gets rather messy).

:oops: my, my... I've stirred a hornets nest, haven't I ? :roll:

So, now that I've pushed a butt load of buttons on this issue, let's look at the fact that if a divine being really did put us here like any parent, it would want us to excel and learn to become more than it is. That's what most all parents want of their children so it stands to reason that God would be thrilled to watch us discovering the many tools and resources he manipulated in order to create life as we know it. Adding to that excitement has to be pleasure in the fact that the Universe will be inherited by off-spring that sought to learn and evolve rather than lay around in some warm stanky primordial oooze and do nothing... ;)
Craig Browning

Postby really? » 15 May 2010, 11:55

really?

Postby Nostradamus » 15 May 2010, 12:36

Craid, when you stated "a leather-bound suppository to quote passages from" I almost wet myself. That's a great line. Thanks.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Maddogkull » 16 May 2010, 03:24

Do you know any site where I can read about the Kabbalah of the modern world. I have only found previews that are only like 4 pages long. Do you know anywhere or perhaps if you read it you can explain it a little?
Maddogkull

Postby Craig Browning » 16 May 2010, 23:26

Craig Browning

Postby Craig Browning » 07 Sep 2010, 04:05

Does that mean I can randomly smite people for being cruel and evil and not worshiping me?

Wow! I've got to try that one... quick, let's head to Salt Lake :lol:
Craig Browning

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 16 Oct 2010, 13:44

From the gossip I've heard, it is the genticist who are disputing with the neo-darwinians over rather or not "irreducible complexity" requires an "intelligent designer." So I'll try to watch this vid. Loved your discourse Craig, but what did it have to do w/ the topic? Peace
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Postby Craig Browning » 16 Oct 2010, 22:55

Craig Browning

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 28 Sep 2011, 09:58

"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits