[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Sam Parnia Aware Experiment : Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Sam Parnia Aware Experiment

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

Sam Parnia Aware Experiment

Postby Xander » 01 May 2010, 01:22

I'm kind of having a crisis....I have OCD, and lately i've been "obsessed" with Death and whether or not there is in fact life after it.....

A lot of the examples of veridical NDE's have been really interesting and very convincing to me, but i'm just afraid that perhaps the results of Sam Parnia's AWARE project will come back negative....In that event, will that kill any proof for afterlife?? I'm kind of freaking out right now, so i would really apreciate your thoughts on this... Thanks

Xander
Xander

Re: Sam Parnia Aware Experiment

Postby ProfWag » 01 May 2010, 03:00

Sam is lookng for non-volunteers for his experiment and you sound like you want to be a volunteer. Please don't do any voluntary testing of yourself this area. You're far too important in the world to mess around with anything like that. Some things in life are just left to be wondered about. Leave it at that.
ProfWag

Postby Nostradamus » 01 May 2010, 06:56

You know Xander, when my dad died he was in a hospice. He was in really bad pain and there he was able to spend some time with his wide and children balanced between the fog of pain pills and the beauty of reality.

Have you considered being a hospice volunteer. It's an opportunity to meet those with a short time on their hands. You just might learn something interesting and be a positive inspiration to those at the hospice. I remember one woman who was a bit misdiagnosed. Before she passed she wrote 2 books. What a wonderful person she was. There was a young guy there that had AIDS dementia. I didn't realize this. He was telling me all of these stories that were really funny. He was cracking me up. Then he died. His parents told me that nothing he told me was true. Maybe they were all false stories, but he sure had a great time even if the stories weren't true.

As they say, a smart person learns from his mistakes, but a wiseman learns from others.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Xander » 01 May 2010, 07:18

Thanks guys, i really apreciate the support.....its just that, i've had this world view for a long time that we all have purpose, and i'm so scared of my worldview changing.....i really don't want to be an atheist or a complete skeptic......that's just not who i am.....but i guess my OCD is just obsessed and i can't stop
Xander

Postby ciscop » 01 May 2010, 07:41

hahahaha
well there´s another option..

personally
i am a skeptic
but not sure i am a complete atheist

i think it can go both ways
and neither part has the right answer, we just dont know

i am an agnostic
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 May 2010, 19:37

Welcome Xander.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Js1981 » 06 Jul 2011, 01:08

I have been following Parnia since 2008 and unfortunetaly his research isn't conclusive.
There weren't many NDE examples since he started as well as all NDE' he reported before seem to be hallucination only.

There really wasn't a pattern in NDE, that was more a media revelation.
As many people experiencing as many NDE'.

It seems to happen with no brainwaves tho but it isn't counciousness either as claimed before. There was no detailed analyzes before and all the great NDE' seem to fall apart in the last 2 yrs. All belivers like Parnia who meant to conclude his experiment by 2010 still claim no conclusive report of the experiment.
Js1981

Postby wallstreeter43 » 29 Oct 2014, 16:06

What a difference 4 years makes . It looks like now parnia who originally thought that Nde's were hallucinations doesn't believe that anymore , and this time his work is published in a very respectable peer reviewed journal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/11144442/First-hint-of-life-after-death-in-biggest-ever-scientific-study.html

First hint of 'life after death' in biggest ever scientific study
Southampton University scientists have found evidence that awareness can continue for at least several minutes after clinical death which was previously thought impossible

And they found that nearly 40 per cent of people who survived described some kind of ‘awareness’ during the time when they were clinically dead before their hearts were restarted.
Related Articles
Does the human eye prove that God exists? 24 Sep 2014
Poll: Do you believe in life after death? 07 Oct 2014
'There’s a naivety in saying there is no God’ 07 Oct 2014
Hope for blind as scientists find stem cell reservoir in human eye 01 Oct 2014
Brain scans of elderly could make cities less stressful 01 Oct 2014
Out-of-body experience? You're just confused 18 Feb 2011
One man even recalled leaving his body entirely and watching his resuscitation from the corner of the room.
Despite being unconscious and ‘dead’ for three minutes, the 57-year-old social worker from Southampton, recounted the actions of the nursing staff in detail and described the sound of the machines.
“We know the brain can’t function when the heart has stopped beating,” said Dr Sam Parnia, a former research fellow at Southampton University, now at the State University of New York, who led the study.
“But in this case, conscious awareness appears to have continued for up to three minutes into the period when the heart wasn’t beating, even though the brain typically shuts down within 20-30 seconds after the heart has stopped.
“The man described everything that had happened in the room, but importantly, he heard two bleeps from a machine that makes a noise at three minute intervals. So we could time how long the experienced lasted for.
“He seemed very credible and everything that he said had happened to him had actually happened.”
wallstreeter43

Postby NinjaPuppy » 31 Oct 2014, 02:48

Welcome!
NinjaPuppy

Postby wallstreeter43 » 19 Mar 2015, 18:45

wallstreeter43

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Mar 2015, 05:47

NinjaPuppy

Postby Bocpony » 03 Feb 2016, 12:19

Yo, I've have the same problem, right down to the OCD. IT's amazing how that could be, isnt it? But I tell you, the studies so far have helped me a lot.
Bocpony

Postby wallstreeter43 » 22 Feb 2016, 00:43

wallstreeter43

Postby wallstreeter43 » 22 Feb 2016, 00:46

wallstreeter43

Postby Bocpony » 28 Feb 2016, 12:05

Bocpony

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits