View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Our migration to Bluehost is now complete!

Announcements and site updates.

Re: Our migration to Bluehost is now complete!

Postby Scepcop » 13 Jul 2014, 18:20

Ok I restored the forum avatars by copying them over from the old server. I was able to open the new server from Windows FTP and upload them. Your avatars should now be restored.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jul 2014, 21:06

Looks good on my end. ;)
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 17 Jul 2014, 20:52

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Our migration to VPS hosting is now complete. We are now on a virtual private server with a dedicated unique IP. This means we have our own server and IP address now, that is not shared by other sites! Now we are one of the "big boys" online. :)

You should begin seeing a great improvement in browsing speed and performance now. I've optimized the hosting on our server for optimum performance. So you should see results immediately. We will also be cached on multiple cloud servers around the world for faster performance. And we will have high level security and protection from spam and hacking scripts too. In addition, our ranking in search engines should begin improving as well!

We've taken a whole step up here. :)
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 18 Jul 2014, 02:24

I had noticed that it is much faster today. FANTASTIC! Thank you.
NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 20 Jul 2014, 13:41

much faster. better spam control is encouraging also.
SydneyPSIder

Postby Scepcop » 20 Jul 2014, 16:46

Hi all,
I've just enabled Rocket Loader from Cloudflare on this site.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us ... Loader-do-

Rocket Loader will load up pages super fast, in milliseconds, less than a second, because it will load up the page itself first, and then the ads (javscripts) later. As a result, Google will detect a much faster loading speed, and so will Pingdom. I already tested it and this site loaded up in milliseconds!

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt

A faster loading speed will increase a site's search ranking too.

But Rocket Loader is in beta mode though, so let me know if there are any problems.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 22 Jul 2014, 07:37

I had to turn off Rocket Loader. Although the pages were loading up super fast, when the ads streamed in afterward, the page would freeze up for a few seconds while it was doing that. It got annoying after a while, because after the page loads, you are ready to scroll or type but then it has to freeze a few more seconds to deliver the ad scripts. Perhaps the less interference with the loading process, the better. We are already on a VPS anyway and should have fast loading times because of that.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Announcements