View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Forum Updates and Changes Announcements

Announcements and site updates.

Re: Forum Updates and Improvements

Postby Scepcop » 18 Oct 2014, 03:55

Update:

I put the Google search box back at the top. After the upgrade to the latest phpbb3 version, the default search box was somehow put back again. These updates are so annoying. But it didn't seem to work that great. So I put the Google search box back again.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Forum Updates and Changes Announcements

Postby Scepcop » 18 Oct 2014, 06:03

Note: I just disabled the forum feature that shortens URL links to a shortened version with dots in the middle.

I thought it made links look annoying and weird, and made it harder to copy and paste posts. If you copy and paste a post with a shortened link, the shortened link will not work once pasted. So you have to do an extra step and right click the shortened link and select "Copy link address" in order to copy the full URL.

However, disabling that feature will not unshorten the URL's that have already been shortened. So if you wish to unshorten any URL's in your posts, you will have to edit them and then resubmit them. Once you do that, the URL will no longer be shortened and will show up as the full URL.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 19 Oct 2014, 18:08

Update:

I moved the Google search box one line down from the top right corner of the header. In its place I put the mailing list sign up box. If you haven't signed up for the mailing list yet, simply enter your email in it and hit Subscribe to sign up.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 19 Oct 2014, 22:34

Update:

I've changed the color theme of this forum. The default colors were kind of too blue and too bright. So I changed it to something easier on the eyes. The blue is now a darker shade. And the background not so baby blue. What do you all think? Do you like these colors better?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 21 Oct 2014, 09:02

Update:

That new color theme I changed the forum to looked kind of dark and gloomy, so I changed it back to this baby blue default theme. At least this theme looks more upbeat, positive and ambient. lol
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 22 Oct 2014, 04:10

Updates:

I changed the font of the forum posts to sans-serif. Now the text looks smoother and neater. How do you all like it? The default one looked funky and uneven.

I've also increased the font size of the text a little bit, so it's easier to read. Hope it doesn't look too big for those of you who have big screen computers or laptops.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Announcements