[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum Pages Loading Slowly : Announcements • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Forum Pages Loading Slowly

Announcements and site updates.

Forum Pages Loading Slowly

Postby NinjaPuppy » 21 Aug 2012, 02:58

Is it just me or is anyone else having a problem with the topics loading VERY slowly? I would have posted this in the "Off Topic/Feedback" topic but I couldn't get the "Post A New Topic" to work over there.
NinjaPuppy

Re: Forum Pages Loading Slowly

Postby Arouet » 21 Aug 2012, 03:20

right now its pretty slow for me...
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 21 Aug 2012, 04:39

I'll email Winston as I can't get into my PM today either.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 09 Oct 2012, 00:35

The problem came from Context Web, which runs my rotating ad scripts for this site. Here is their announcement page about it. The problem seems to be fixed for the moment now though.

https://getsatisfaction.com/pulsepoint/ ... com-17mzh0

EMPLOYEE
Jason Shao (VP of Technology) 8 hours ago

I understand many of our publishers are experiencing problems with their pages due to slow loading from tag.contextweb.com and regret the inconvenience. To shed some light on the issues:

1. Over the past several days we have had a number of challenges caused by our datacenter getting overwhelmed with bursts of too much traffic. These incidents have caused sporadic outages across our entire publisher network.

Our engineering team is hard at work attempting to address these issues - and we will be posting regular updates in this forum over the next few hours and days to keep everyone up to date.

2. Additionally, a number of our publishers have reported consistent problems on their sites, which we believe are related to our tags interacting with other javascript publishers may be using for advertising, comments, analytics, or other purposes.

To address this challenge, our engineering team has developed modifications to force our tags to load asynchronously. This is a substantial change, for which we are running a closed-beta. At this time we are opening up this beta to publishers reporting consistent page load issues. We believe it will speed up page load-time for many publishers affected by this separate issue. If you would like to participate in the beta (which requires small changes to your tags) and have not yet reached out, please email customerservice@pulsepoint.com with a subject line of "TAG BETA:".

Once again we regret any problems your users are experiencing, and thank you for your patience as our team works to address them. We will update this thread at least once a day to keep you informed of our progress.

Jason Shao
VP, Technology
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 14 Mar 2013, 20:20

Yesterday my other forum was having a problem with pages loading due to a My SQL database problem with my webhost. Did it affect this forum too? Did any of you experience hanging on this forum or error messages?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 14 Mar 2013, 23:04

Yeah, it was happening to me a bit yesterday afternoon.
Arouet

Postby really? » 15 Mar 2013, 02:24

Me too.
really?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 15 Mar 2013, 03:38

NinjaPuppy

Return to Announcements