[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
New Registrations : Announcements • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

New Registrations

Announcements and site updates.

New Registrations

Postby NinjaPuppy » 24 Jun 2011, 20:20

Due to the EXTREME spamming problems, all new registering members will be restricted and moderated. I appologize for any incovenience to new members.
NinjaPuppy

Re: New Registrations

Postby ProfWag » 24 Jun 2011, 20:40

What the hell's wrong with people?
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 24 Jun 2011, 20:46

NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 24 Jun 2011, 22:29

I know it would be classified as "criminal" but I'd love to see a handful of moderators/site owners develop a really nasty bug that can be sent back to the ISP from whence such garbage emerges. . . let them deal with having to clean things up and weed through the garbage for a change. . . let them experience the same joy they so uninvitingly bring into everyone else's life :twisted:
Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 24 Jun 2011, 23:37

Good Idea! You might want to add a note to the registration page warning new members that the first few posts will be moderated in an effort to avoid spam.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 29 Jun 2011, 03:39

I've also restricted the amount of links per post. It is now limited to 3 links per post. Sorry for any inconvenience.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 30 Jun 2011, 00:58

Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 30 Jun 2011, 19:24

Winston can switch it back if he wants to make a post with more than 3 links.

It sure did work with Mabus this morning. He was limited to one pic and one link in his usual attempt to spam the crap out of us. It was nice to not have to scroll for 20 minutes just to get to the bottom of his post so I could delete it.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 01 Jul 2011, 01:04

Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 01 Jul 2011, 06:43

I'm carefully going through the Admin controls and you will now notice that newbie IDs will be bold and blue. This will help me find possible spam posts more quickly.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 01 Jul 2011, 19:03

Well, whatever I did yesterday with the changes to the new registrations options, it kept Mabus/Marzuke from posting. I guess since he didn't get to slap up his usual garbage with his 20 links and icky pictures, he gave up.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy2 » 01 Jul 2011, 19:09

Now I am testing what a newbie can and can't do. WHOOPIE!

It all seems good. Newbies can post the occasional link, but they have limited access and member access. The highlighted blue text of their IDs should give y'all a heads up that they are new and might be something other than a genuine member. Please take a minute to welcome newbies (that aren't blatant spammers) to the forum, rather than quiz them about the intentions. If anyone has any suggestions to make spammers go away, please PM me. I welcome your ideas.
NinjaPuppy2

Postby Craig Browning » 01 Jul 2011, 20:41

Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 01 Jul 2011, 22:38

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Aug 2011, 04:11

I believe that Mabus/Marzuke has abandoned us!
NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to Announcements