[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Help save the life of a turkey : Announcements • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Help save the life of a turkey

Announcements and site updates.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Help save the life of a turkey

Postby Scepcop » 25 Nov 2010, 01:57

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. Thanks to you for all your contributions here and bringing variety to our discussion.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner, whether you have it with family or alone.

I love vegetarian turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and yams. I'm one of the few that like yams. They are sweet and tasty. I don't understand why most people don't like them.

You can get vegetarian turkey at the co op or health food store. It is VERY good and tasty and hits the spot. You'll be surprised. So if you want to help save a turkey's life this year, try getting one of those.

I wish they had them overseas but I can't find them in Asia. That's one thing I miss about America. They got veggieburgers, tofu dogs, veggie bacon, and vegetarian turkey and they taste VERY GOOD.

See if they have Trader Joe's in your area. They have a lot of healthy tasty good organic and vegetarian food.

Most of us constantly compare ourselves with those who have more than us, which makes us feel down and inadequate. But remember, there are billions of people worse off than you, so you should appreciate what you have.

So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I think we should learn to do that today!
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Postby caniswalensis » 25 Nov 2010, 04:10

Back at you my friend! I hope you have a "supernaturally" good Thanksgiving! ;)

I am with you on the yams & veggie turkey. both are delicious!

Thanks for the nice holiday message. :)

Best wishes, Canis
caniswalensis

Postby Arouet » 25 Nov 2010, 04:19

While it's not thanksgiving for me, I can pass on my good wishes.

I do enjoy posting here (wish there was more traffic though, where'd the old regs go?)

Hope to have many more fun conversations!
Arouet

Postby Scepcop » 25 Nov 2010, 05:45

Why is it not Thanksgiving for you Arouet? Where are you from?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 25 Nov 2010, 05:47

Here is a picture of the vegetarian turkey I'm talking about that my mom always got on Thanksgiving.

Here is a picture of the tofu jumbo dogs I stocked up on when I was in the US. The brand is called Tofurky. They should be available in most mainstream supermarkets. They come in many flavors too such as smoked hickory, tomato and basil, pepper, etc. Try them out sometime. You'll be surprised how delicious they are.

Or you can try this cheese pizza from Costco. It's very thick and rich in cheese and oil. Not as healthy and very fattening, but at least it's vegetarian. lol

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 25 Nov 2010, 06:19

Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 25 Nov 2010, 08:51

Yes, HAPPY T-DAY!

Oh my... that vegitarian turkey is SOOOOO wrong on so many levels. LOL.

I'm sure it tastes delish but it's just the thought.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 26 Nov 2010, 07:03

This is the day I notice that, despite the wobble in the axis pointing my hemisphere away from the Sun, The Earth is nonetheless spiraling hopelessly inward to a fiery doom.
So I give thanx for the world that was as I watch people prepare for a shopping spree before our inevitable immolation.
I wonder if the miracle of gravity will save us on the 21st again. If it does, let us all celebrate on Newton's Day.
Happy Thansgiving
Catsmeat
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Postby derrida » 26 Nov 2010, 09:59

i celebrate the canadian thanksgiving
but even thought

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all the gringos here!!
derrida

Postby derrida » 26 Nov 2010, 10:04

derrida

Postby caniswalensis » 02 Dec 2010, 00:06

caniswalensis

Return to Announcements