View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Forum updated: New quick reply feature installed

Announcements and site updates.

Forum updated: New quick reply feature installed

Postby Scepcop » 20 Jun 2010, 00:18

Hi all,
I just updated the forum from version phpBB 3.0.2 to 3.0.7 PL1. During the process this forum was offline for a while, so I apologize for the inconvenience.

Anyhow, supposedly this newer version has more features. One is the quick reply feature, which I've enabled. At the bottom of each page of each thread, you will see a "Quick Reply" button. Click it to open a little post form where you can type a quick reply to save time.

There is also a way to get news feeds from this forum, which I've enabled, but I have no idea how to do. So if you do that kind of stuff, you probably know more about it than me :)

Thanks,
Winston
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: New features on the forum after update

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Jun 2010, 02:05

Testing the quick reply
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 20 Jun 2010, 04:31

Testing123

If you can see this, then it works.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Jun 2010, 04:36

It works.
NinjaPuppy

Re: Forum updated: New quick reply feature installed

Postby Scepcop » 12 Oct 2014, 03:28

Hi folks,
The quick reply button wasn't working for a while after upgrading the forum to phpbb3.0.12. I couldn't figure out why. So I went to phpbb support to have them diagnose the problem. Someone there finally fixed it. The quick reply button now shows at the bottom of each thread.

If you want to see the details of what went wrong, see here:
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2264781
Scepcop
Site Admin

Return to Announcements