[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Should we change the forum theme? Here are some options. : Announcements - Page 3 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Should we change the forum theme? Here are some options.

Announcements and site updates.

Re: Should we change the forum theme? Here are some options.

Postby Scepcop » 19 Jul 2014, 20:24

Oh ok. Yeah that Prosilver theme looks kind of bland.

Ninjapuppy, what is your opinion of Artodia Ultra Blue then?

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... blue/demo/
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Jul 2014, 06:49

I like that one. It's easy to read and has perhaps more of an updated look. I say go for it.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 22 Jul 2014, 05:03

Ok done. :) We are now using the Artodia Ultra Blue theme. Hope you like it. I think it looks great!

Let me know if you experience any problems or bugs in this theme.

The navigation above is a bit different. But you should be able to figure it out by playing with it. :)
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby SydneyPSIder » 22 Jul 2014, 07:26

SydneyPSIder

Postby Scepcop » 22 Jul 2014, 07:44

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby SydneyPSIder » 22 Jul 2014, 08:59

SydneyPSIder

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Jul 2014, 08:38

Syd - Give me a few minutes and I'll give you an accurate count on active members.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Jul 2014, 08:54

NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 23 Jul 2014, 19:45

Ninjapuppy,
How do you like the new theme so far?

ProfWag and Arouet,
How do you like this new theme?

Btw everyone,
To find your user control panel, click the icon at the top that looks like a flower *.
To get back to the forum index, click the icon at the top that looks like a house.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Jul 2014, 23:46

So far, so good. I've been able to navigate around easy enough but I'm sorry to hear that the rocket loader had to go. I was enjoying the zippyness.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 26 Jul 2014, 00:56

Hey I'm having second thoughts about this theme. Some of the buttons are hard to find, and the dirty white background feels kind of gloomy. The white background we had before felt more uplifting and clean. The colors in this theme feel a bit gloomy. What do you think?

Also, in the posts, you can't see a PM button to send a PM to someone. You have to hover over the username with the mouse cursor to see a PM button appear. That's kind of lame. Many people will not know that there is a PM button there unless they hover their cursor over the user name, which there is no guarantee they will do.

Perhaps we should either move back to the red theme or prosilver. We can change the colors of prosilver because the blue is too bright in it. And we can use a mod in prosilver to move the avatars from right to left.

What do you all think?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 26 Jul 2014, 06:54

I don't think that the background is "gloomy". It takes a while to get used to something new. Since I don't think that any of us are very attached to this one so if you want to give another one a try, I say go for it.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 27 Jul 2014, 00:11

Arouet

Postby SydneyPSIder » 27 Jul 2014, 15:20

How about the RedSilver 3 style? It keeps a lot of the ScepCop red theme, but modernises the look and feel considerably. That was just a quick assay of the options that would be in keeping with the previous site style, allows you to use your red scepcop logo graphic, etc. I haven't looked at the full font and style family that comes with it, etc, tho. I also haven't assessed tons of different themes to be honest, I suppose you can just scroll through them all, and they're all available as a choice? I think the red lends a sort of urgency to your mission, the grey and blue sites are a bit bland. I'm on another forum with that blue-ish look but it's pretty anodyne and off putting tbh....

update: I've browsed the dropdown in the demo site list, I'm assuming they're all available for no extra charge? There's obviously a bewildering number of possibilities. I think the redsilver 3 theme is still a possibility as it's kind of having a bet each way with red and silver but they mesh OK. but there are so many others. I think you need something fairly striking tho. CA Orbital is very cool and dramatic and matches the content of the site, but pretty hard to read. clearly human factors like readability and good fonts and colours etc are important. otherwise there's just so many candidates... it's much easier to decide you want red then look through all the red options! or similar.
SydneyPSIder

Postby Scepcop » 28 Jul 2014, 04:11

Scepcop
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements