View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Undersea Baltic Anomoly

Discuss Science, Alternative Science and Suppressed Research.

Undersea Baltic Anomoly

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 18 Jun 2012, 17:34

Although I must complain about the prominant, inappropriate, and near oxymoronic use of the phrase "UFO Shaped" I am at least mildly intrigued.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... unway.html

The UFO-shaped object found at the bottom of the Baltic Sea, covered in soot, with 'little fireplaces' and lying at the end of a 1,000ft runwayObject is raised about 10 to 13ft above seabed and curved at the sides like a mushroom
It has a 60 metre diameter with an egg-shaped hole leading into it from the top

Hole is surrounded by an strange rock formation that expedition team can not explain
Stones are covered in something 'resembling soot' which has baffled experts

By Meghan Keneally
UPDATED: 03:37 EST, 18 June 2012

Sceptics expected that a deep-water dive would debunk the slew of extra-terrestrial theories surrounding an unidentified object sitting at the bottom of the Baltic Sea.
But the Swedish expedition team that took the plunge surfaced with more questions than answers - and certainly no solution to its origins.

The divers found that the object, which some have likened to the Millennium Falcon because of its unusual round outline, was raised about 10 to 13ft above the seabed and curved in at the sides, giving it a mushroom shape.

Hefty trajectory: The Swedish diving team noted a 985-foot flattened out 'runway' leading up to the object, implying that it skidded along the path before stopping but no true answers are clear

Odd shape: The object which has a 60-meter diameter is said to be raised about 10-13 feet off the seabed and the divers compared it to the shape of a mushroom
They added that the object has 'rounded sides and rugged edges'
'First we thought this was only stone, but this is something else,' diver Peter Lindberg said in a press release.
At the center of the object, which has a 60-meter diameter, has an 'egg shaped hole leading into it from the

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... z1y8TXWrAp
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Re: Undersea Baltic Anomoly

Postby Craig Browning » 19 Jun 2012, 01:08

OMG! That's the ship Captain America was in when he was fighting the NAZI's! :o
Craig Browning

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 19 Jun 2012, 04:39

I have often wondered what future archeologist will make of American civilization when they belong to a culture that remembers Marvel Comix, but has forgotten history.
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Postby Craig Browning » 20 Jun 2012, 04:32

Sadly, I tend to remember the real history side of things far more than I retain comic book story-lines . . . besides, I didn't read the book, I watched the movie :twisted:

I've often laughed over the scenario you speak of. . . somewhere in the southern California dessert there is an Egyptian city. . . left over from the filming of CLEOPATRA but not far from there you can find the "barge" used in Return of the Jedi (Jabba the Hut's flying party house). Hollywood has left it's mark in so many ways within that part of the continent, I"m certain it will boggle the mind of the most learned scholars in a thousand or so years. :lol:
Craig Browning

Return to Science / Alternative Science / Suppressed Research