[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fox News: Microchip in your brain can link you to internet! : Science / Alternative Science / Suppressed Research • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Fox News: Microchip in your brain can link you to internet!

Discuss Science, Alternative Science and Suppressed Research.

Fox News: Microchip in your brain can link you to internet!

Postby Scepcop » 20 Oct 2010, 00:35

This is scary! Science says it will soon be technically feasible to control everything we see and think by microchip implants in our brain, which will allow us to surf the internet from our own brains. Thus computers of the future could be INSIDE us! No need for laptops or desktops anymore!

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Fox News: Microchip in your brain can link you to intern

Postby Arouet » 20 Oct 2010, 00:58

Very cool, but I didn't think we were anywhere near that, tech wise. I didn't even think we really understood how our brains convert images in a manner that we can view it let alone getting a computer to directly put images in our brains. If so, then that would mean we understood consciousness and the process of qualia a lot better than we do! Maybe I'm wrong.
Arouet

Postby derrida » 20 Oct 2010, 01:31

i dont think we are there yet
but sure we will be there in a few years

is fox news..
derrida

Postby Craig Browning » 20 Oct 2010, 04:41

First... I hope FOX "news" isn't here in a few years :mrgreen:

The Chip idea has been around and versions of it "experimented with" in the field for at least the past 5 or so years, maybe a hint longer. I know that the 1991 or 92 Comdex offered some insight to this "Sci-Fi Fantasy" and a glimpse as to where things were heading. More recently we've seen major spurts in bionic-neurology (for lack of a better term) that allows quadriplegic types to "think" and make things happen via enhanced sensors and of course, bloody expensive Microsoft Software (Ok... just kidding... they're Telekinetic) Then we have games like "The Force" and there's a table hockey styled game in Europe that's been around a while, that demonstrates similar PK type control... so it's not going to be too very long before we see it all come together for that next massive leap in human evolution :lol:
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Oct 2010, 18:39

NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 20 Oct 2010, 23:06

The Early Years of Life in 2075

Even a cuddle toy

And in Death
Craig Browning

Postby really? » 21 Oct 2010, 04:25

Cool !
really?

Postby caniswalensis » 21 Oct 2010, 06:33

I am not really threatened by this idea for some reason. Sign me up! I want my chip today!

(I would prefer it in my forehead, please) :)
caniswalensis

Postby Craig Browning » 21 Oct 2010, 22:24

I'm actually on a volunteer list right now, for when they bring HAL to the U.S. for studies

Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 21 Oct 2010, 22:38

Arouet

Postby Craig Browning » 23 Oct 2010, 05:40

Silly me... I'm using the traditional embedding codes...

But what about footage that's not from google or youtube?

I'm not tech savvy in the least, so treat me as if I were about 9 years old as you explain things... :lol:
Craig Browning

Postby Scepcop » 23 Oct 2010, 16:16

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 23 Oct 2010, 16:17

Scepcop
Site Admin

Return to Science / Alternative Science / Suppressed Research