View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

From Having to Being

Discuss Spirituality, Share Spiritual Teachings and Lessons.

From Having to Being

Postby Scepcop » 16 Aug 2009, 23:34

http://www.innerteaching.com/spiritual- ... /#more-402

From having to Being

Often an egoic consciousness wants to enrich himself by having more money, getting a higher status or acknowledgement from others, be a winner, have more this or more of that. I think a lot of people who start to be awakened do know and recognize this egoic behavior. But the funny part is: when the ego believes he is winning, he is actually losing. When the ego possesses something new, for example a piece of land, he believe he enriches himself. The ego believes he can posses a piece of land, but actually he is making himself poorer by believing he is a limited human being that possesses a limited piece of land instead of knowing and understanding that he IS Life. How can you possess something, that you already are? You can’t possess something, you only can be something. That is what this article is about. From the illusion ‘having, possession’ to a new reality of Being.

Towards the consciousness of a new Earth a major shift will happen in the consciousness of man. We have to transform our consciousness from the illusion ‘having’ we took as reality for such a long time, to the real Truth of Being. In ‘the past’ humanity have accepted that they are a limited body that live on this Earth for a while and eventually die. As you probably know, this is a very poor look on Life. If you think about it, even the most egoic mind can’t deny we already are Life. We are always in exchange with Life. We drink, we eat, we breathe all the same Life. The problem that kept us for such a long time stuck in the illusion is that we place those ‘things’ like water, food, air and even our own physical body in the outer, instead of experiencing those things as expressions of our true Self. I say our Self because in Truth we are Life and all we see, including our physical body are expressions our true Self.

For a long time man has believed that he is a physical body, and that they can possess (and loose) things that seemed separated from themselves. Do you understand the major problem in this approach of Life? We limit ourselves to a physical body and claim we own limited things. Just imagine the joy you must feel when understanding completely “All is within!” Imagine standing ‘alone’ on a high mountain understanding that the image you see is within yourself. All those things you took as materialistic objects have their abode in your own consciousness. I had to experience this first before I could understand this Truth. I remember this day as yesterday. I was born in a new dimension (I call it a new dimension, but you can also call it God) I looked at the Earth with all its plants, trees, rocks, flowers, animals, people and said that the place I always accepted as the Earth in fact doesn’t exist. It was the illusion I always excepted as the only truth. I stood there, on the same place as I stood before (the Earth) and I could tell in Truth: “I am in Heaven.” Did the Earth changed? Did the sun disappear? Did I have to die first? No, not at all! Only my view of life changed and I experienced a joy and strong love which I know is the natural way of living.

This experience stayed with me for some time, I believe it was about eight months. Then I fell back in consciousness. I didn’t really know why for sure, but I know this way I can make a more accurate distinction of the illusion vs Truth.

Only in the Kingdom of Heaven you will be free. This Kingdom of Heaven seems like a far place, but is nowhere else than in man’s own consciousness. The outer illusion is a Godless space where you can believe in God but will never experience God. For this, first you have to go through this shift in consciousness and know that All is within!
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Return to Spirituality / Spiritual Teachings