[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
It's Magick! : Spirituality / Spiritual Teachings • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

It's Magick!

Discuss Spirituality, Share Spiritual Teachings and Lessons.

It's Magick!

Postby Craig Browning » 19 May 2010, 01:28

Craig Browning

Re: It's Magick!

Postby ProfWag » 19 May 2010, 02:04

ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 19 May 2010, 02:12

Not at all, they are just the least susceptible.... the lower wrung of the ladder.

An interesting irony is that the popular Telephone Psychic networks of the 80s/90s generated most of their income from middle-classed white females living smack dab in the middle of the Bible Belt :lol:

I noticed when I was working in Nashville, here I was in one of the primary hubs of America's hard core "red necked" bible thumping culture and there were more sex parlors, strip clubs, "toy" stores, etc. than you could ever track down in sin cities like Las Vegas, Atlantic City, L.A. etc. But the Psychic biz was reasonably fluid there except for when some local radio preachers got a bur in his shorts about you or a given place of business. It was a very strange place to live and work in.
Craig Browning

Postby ciscop » 19 May 2010, 02:32

i can believe that..
females in the bible belt believing in psychics?
yeah sure

women tend to believe that sort of stuff
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 19 May 2010, 03:05

My town's lone psychic advisor's house recently burned to the ground. Sad really. She wasn't hurt though. Story goes she moved out the night before thanks to her being able to foresee the future...
(Okay, I made up that last part...)
ProfWag

Postby Nostradamus » 19 May 2010, 13:19

Not only did she move out the night before, but I hear she got the word from Al-Qaeda operatives before the deed was done. And I hear it was femto-quanto-hogwarts thermite that was used. Yeah. And ten the Annunaki from planet DNC that used a holographic universe contraption to cover up this that only everyone and their evolution loving son of a wombat involved pseudo cross dressing dinosaur relative knew about. That's the ticket.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby ProfWag » 19 May 2010, 20:34

ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 20 May 2010, 09:36

Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 May 2010, 16:04

What I find unusual is, that all of the women who ask for a tarot card reading, it's always about men. They don't care about anything but their love life.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 20 May 2010, 22:16

Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 21 May 2010, 00:34

Very interesting. I generally get the rejected older women who are looking for a meal ticket. :roll:

I have one person who was fixated on financials but even she has recently jumped on the love boat.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 21 May 2010, 01:44

ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 21 May 2010, 21:30

I don't see where you get that ProfWag... that's such a common knee jerk line when it comes to Mediums but I don't see how it would apply to the scenario's in question. Too, "taking advantage" of someone can arguably be a matter of perspective; if someone comes to me for a Reading and I know for a fact that I can give them tools or ways of processing information that will change their "negative" circumstances, how is this taking advantage? Not to mention the fact that they came to me in the first place...

Yes, when a Medium (in particular in that they do this more than psychics will) approach someone "with a message"... this is gross imposition and should be the first red light going off in a person's mind that something is askew. I've been called in to look at so many cases of this type and with but ONE exception, every single one of them were pure con-game. The "One" exception wasn't a case where money was being sought or any other form of compensation and so it was not investigated any further. All of the other cases (well over a dozen) ultimately involved a cash demand for several thousand dollars.

This whole thing is such a sticky-wicket in that the majority of folks, including those that are simply delusional, who do Psychic work aren't in it for the cash, fame, etc. they literally do it for the sake of helping others because they feel it to be a "calling" from "god". There is a minority however, that's set a standard of sorts in which it is a "business" or "vocation". Again, you will find that most in this category aren't out to be abusive to patrons but they are more inclined to manipulate them into a state of "codependency" for the sake of repeat business as well as referrals. It is from this group you will find the relatively small group of con-artists and predators. If you research most of these folks they do not rely on the Psychic or Spiritual theme when working their game, they can be very flexible. Too, those that do hold to this arena tend to not work alone, there is a network involved.

M. Lamar Keene (The Psychic Mafia) gave us a wonderful glimpse into this mode of operation but fell short... or I should say, wasn't able to foresee how this particular Hydra would transmute.

Today's "Psychic Mafia" is literally a "family operation" that typically focuses on small and mid-sized communities in which several members of the same family aid one another on a plethora of cons... scams that range from Contractor or Car Repair games to the Mediums & Psychics... even Evangelic Faith Healers so that the Christian side of things are better covered).

What makes this type of network so potent is that you have family members working legit jobs such as bar tender, taxi driver, concierge, hair dresser, gardening, etc. Their contribution to these cons being more akin to gathering intelligence on existing or potential marks.

Busting and exposing a group of this type is damn near impossible because it is literally "all in the family" and so, no outsider gets in (not even by marriage). Too, when it comes to the Psychics at least, so much fear is placed into the mind of the marks that they will not go against them... this, as I've noted, also ties to those cultural and religiously based influences. Too, the fact that these groups focus primarily on those people who feel they "can't" complain or do anything to "legally" deal with such criminals, such as illegal immigrants.

It's a very ugly and disgusting situation in my book. :x
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 May 2010, 18:29

It reminds me of the Gypsy mentality.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 22 May 2010, 18:57

ProfWag

Next

Return to Spirituality / Spiritual Teachings