[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Here are the few ideas to get your special gift ready for Va : Off-Topic Board • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Here are the few ideas to get your special gift ready for Va

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

Re: Here are the few ideas to get your special gift ready for Va

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Feb 2010, 01:02

IMO, Valentine's Day is for men to impress the woman. Not the other way around.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Feb 2010, 01:13

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 12 Feb 2010, 02:42

Of course, some women are just naturally beautiful and don't need make-up. Like my wife. (Hope she reads this... ;-) )
ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 12 Feb 2010, 05:01

so..
i dont want to be a mood killer
but
i am dating this girl
and right now it is just fine..
but is been like 2 weeks
so now i have to give her something?.. i barely know her
i have seen her just 2 times.. when i met her and when we went out..
so.. is just the earlier stages of dating
so

i dont want to give her too much cause i might scare her away or too little cause she will think i am cheap
this does bring a lot of pressure !!!
i hate Valentine´s!
damn you gringos! why you invented this thing!?

i think i might have to get ¨sick¨
and call her the week after
hahahahahaha

nah.. she is cool
i wont do that
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 12 Feb 2010, 05:53

ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 12 Feb 2010, 05:59

thats way better than what i thought

i was thinking in giving her a Bowling Ball with my name on it
:lol:
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Feb 2010, 07:17

ProfWag's suggestion is cool but if you really like this person, Valentine's Day requires jewelry. Perhaps an inexpensive silver locket or chain should accompany that stuffed bear. Most women want jewelry for VD. If you don't think she's going to work out then a non-mushy card and a cheap box of chocolates will suffice. She will ditch you so fast, it will make your head spin. If she doesn't, then you've got a live one for booty calls!
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 12 Feb 2010, 22:30

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Feb 2010, 01:28

That is why I suggested going with silver rather than gold. Gold jewelry so early into a relationship can seem 'too eager' but a simple and inexpensive chain, bracelet or a locket if you really like the woman shows that you know a bit about the meaning of Valentine's Day and that you have some insight into romance. A bracelet early on in a relationship gives you a base to add charms as the relationship grows. The Pandora Bracelet is the latest hot ticket item right now. The initial bracelet is about $20 and there are no name companies that put out a similar item for much less. Charms are added as you hit milestones or occasions. The charms can be as cheap as $.50 and as expensive as your imagination and budget can handle.

I personally believe that grown women who are still into stuffed bears have some unresolved issues. Of course that's just my personal opinion. Sweets can be a problem if the woman watches her weight. I find that very few of us can resist indulging in a box of really good chocolates that may or may not be part of our usual diet. I don't bother with the usual candy bars, Hershey Kisses, Mounds, Almond Joys etc. that my husband keeps all over the Spamalamadingdong but buy anything by Russels Stover or a good old Whitman's Sampler and I'm all over it. I'm sure it's some kind of psychological thing.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 13 Feb 2010, 02:53

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Feb 2010, 21:18

ProfWag - What have you decided to do for the Mrs. on VDay?
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Feb 2010, 21:20

I see that Jems has gone to the dark side and used his powers for the evil spamming. :o
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 14 Feb 2010, 06:39

Ciscop,
It really depends on the woman and the type of person she is. As well as the culture you are in.

Does she seem materialistic with high standards? Is she easy to please?

It's usually the thought that counts. You don't have to get her something expensive, as long as it's thoughtful and romantic. In my experience, spending a lot on a woman has NEVER EVER improved the quality of the relationship nor improved the quality of our love. NEVER.

In fact, I usually test her early on by being cheap and seeing if she really likes me for me. But that of course is assuming that I am in the upper hand position where I have different choices in dating.

If you are in a situation where you don't want to lose her cause you won't have anyone else without her, and are in the "scarcity mentality" then that's a different story, cause then you will be pressured to impress her to keep her.

As a rule of thumb, if in doubt, go the middle way. Not cheap or expensive, but something in the middle. When I can't decide on what to buy, that's what I do and it usually works out fine. Same when you buy anything, the middle product that's not cheapest or most expensive is usually the best value.

If this girl is very judgmental and only wants expensive stuff, then that's a bad sign of character, and you shouldn't take her too seriously. Such people tend to drain you in the end.

So it really depends on what kind of person she is. You gotta size her up by her actions, words, appearance, dress style, mannerisms, vibe and your gut instinct. Some people are good at that, others aren't. I happen to read people well. And most of the time, I turn out to be right.

Anyway, go with the flow. You can feel it. Or just do something thoughtful and romantic, like cards and chocolate, or like Ninjapuppy said, silvery jewelry. But of course, some women don't like silver. Have you seen her wear silver before? It doesn't hurt to ask her too.

Or at least take her some place nice, like an Italian restaurant. Olive Garden is a place that has a nice ambience that's not too expensive, for example.

We will be going to an Italian place tonight too.

Bottom line: This is a trivial issue and won't matter if she really likes you. If she really likes you, she will be glad as long as you are there for her. That's what counts. So don't sweat the small stuff and just go with the flow.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 Feb 2010, 07:34

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Feb 2010, 10:26

NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to Off-Topic Board