View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Why do hackers create computer viruses? What's their motive?

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

Why do hackers create computer viruses? What's their motive?

Postby Scepcop » 19 Jan 2012, 23:27

Why do hackers create computer viruses constantly as though it were some kind of business to them? What's the gain or motive? What's in it for them? It makes no sense.

Why don't they put their skills into creating something to sell to make money, or working as a computer programmer or software engineer and getting paid?

Is there any conspiracy behind this? Why can't law enforcement just stop the problem for good and arrest all the perpetrators?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Why do hackers create computer viruses? What's their mot

Postby Arouet » 20 Jan 2012, 01:04

Actually, from what I understand one of the best ways to get a job in computer security is to become a well known hacker then switch over to the other side when they hire you to stop your former compatriots!

I think most start off just as rebellious kids who have some skills and like the challenge and thrill of hacking. Some have political motivations and target particular companies, governments, etc.

As for stopping them: it's hard! Hackers do get caught, but remember, these are for the most part anomymous, smart people skilled at covering their tracks.
Arouet

Re: Why do hackers create computer viruses? What's their mot

Postby CarryBucket » 06 Oct 2016, 17:02

Well, hackers are everywhere around the net. I really do not know their motives. One reason can be because they are paid by the anti virus companies to make them? or just want to collect information from us.
CarryBucket

Return to Off-Topic Board