[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do magicians use demonic powers to do their tricks? : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Do magicians use demonic powers to do their tricks?

Discuss General Topics.

Do magicians use demonic powers to do their tricks?

Postby Scepcop » 19 Sep 2014, 20:44

Do magicians such as David Blaine use demonic powers to do their tricks? When you see some of them, you gotta wonder. Some of his tricks are scientifically impossible even with sleight of hand and props. I wonder why there are no magic books that reveal these kind of tricks. All the magic books out there only reveal the simplest tricks that are nothing like these. Perhaps they are industry trade secrets you only learn in magic school. Or perhaps magician performers like Blaine use CGI, camera tricks and paid actors in their stunts you see on TV. So you gotta wonder if there's anything supernatural involved. See the videos below.

Presentation of how magicians use demonic powers.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Does David Blaine use demonic powers? Look and decide!

Postby ProfWag » 20 Sep 2014, 03:51

No, they are not "scientifically impossible." Simple explanation for every trick he does. Sorry, but just because someone doesn't know how he does something doesn't make it "demonic." In fact, I have done several of his tricks myself back in the day when I was a magician. Cig through coin and his levitation are both that I have done. The levitation itself is quite an old trick and very easy to do. However, David uses camera editing to make it appear beetter than what it is.
ProfWag

Postby SydneyPSIder » 22 Sep 2014, 00:07

I would agree. They also use stooges, including amputees and so on, in order to create some of their more baffling tricks. Using stooges or accomplices is one of the oldest magicians' methods in the book.
SydneyPSIder

Re: Do magicians use demonic powers to do their tricks?

Postby Scepcop » 03 Oct 2014, 02:17

Here is a recent TV special where David Blaine performs many seemingly impossible magic acts around celebrities. However, the ones where he sticks an ice pick through his hand and arm are explainable. Blaine must have small holes in his hand and arms, which is why he pokes it in the same spot in his hand every time. If you push a needle into your hand everyday, and go further and further each day for a long time, eventually it will form a hole, kind of like the holes in pierced ears. The hole in his hand goes through a part that does not have vital organs or blood vessels. The hole is in a specific place, so only he can stick the ice pick through it, and cannot let others do it. He can only let others pull it out after it's in, as seen in the videos.

But there are many tricks that can't be explained and cannot be found in any publicly available magic book. For example, such as the ones where Blaine is able to guess the card a person is thinking, or the name they are thinking. That I can't figure out. No amount of props or sleight of hand can do that. Those seem more supernatural or telepathic, and are only possible if Blaine can read minds.

Here is an interesting documentary series on YouTube called "Demon Magicians" which alleges that the best magicians use supernatural powers obtained by making a pact with demons or supernatural entities. It has many views and heated comments and debate, which are very amusing to read.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +magicians

In episode 2 and 4, there are clips of this Taiwanese magician named Yif performing seemingly impossible tricks that defy all logic, science and reality, around gorgeous Taiwanese girls. They are a must see and will leave you baffled and speechless. There's no way anyone can do those things live in public, unless CGI, camera tricks and actors are involved. What do you think?

Demon Magicians, Episode 2:

Demon Magicians, Episode 4:

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 03 Oct 2014, 03:01

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 04 Oct 2014, 17:25

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 04 Oct 2014, 20:18

And BTW Scepcop, Yif is one of the top Asian magicians right now. He is hotly debated in magic circles however as many of his youtube presentations are video editing (CGI I think it's called). His live performances are pretty good though.

Also, the German Dude at the beginning of the video performs standard magicians props. Not even sure why it would be considered "demonic." Torn newspaper goes way, way back and the floating table as well. That method, by the way, is simply a variation of the zombie ball which was one of my top two or three effects that I used to do.

I don't know if you watched America's Got Talent, but the winner this year was a magician, Mat Franco. His winning effect was a variation of my favorite card trick which is called "Out of this World." It's actually one of the easiest card tricks in magic but also one of the best.

Here's Mat's version:

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 04 Oct 2014, 20:24

ProfWag

Postby Mr Q » 25 Feb 2015, 00:42

I agree with the "secret" methods of using slight of hand operations in all magic tricks. No paranormal help is needed since the human mind is easily fooled with sight, sound and attention span and direction. I watched a series on TV over the past couple of years of a magician exposing classic tricks and was amazed how obvious the secret was once the trick was explained. I get frustrated time and time again as I watch the secrets exposed when they use our deficiencies in brain activity.

You know, I wish there was some paranormal help with magical tricks because so far, they only show how easily our brain misinterprets what our senses tell it. If paranormal activity was involved, we wouldn't look so stupid in not seeing the obvious solution to the tricks :D

BTW, the show I mentioned was made by a magician to expose old tricks so present magicians would come up with new ones once the old ones were explained.
Mr Q

Postby ProfWag » 25 Feb 2015, 09:36

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 25 Feb 2015, 09:38

ProfWag

Postby Mr Q » 25 Feb 2015, 23:51

Mr Q

Return to General Discussions