[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Great Ebook! How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Great Ebook! How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Discuss General Topics.

Great Ebook! How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Postby Scepcop » 25 Dec 2011, 02:48

Hi all,
I have a Christmas gift for you all. It's an ebook called "How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World". It will enlighten your mind to many social programming and identity traps that we all fall to but don't realize. It will identify them for you, show you why they don't work for you, and show you how to break free - after all, true freedom and liberty begin in the mind. Every page contains many compelling and logically sound arguments. It's an amazing must read book, and priceless gift you won't want to miss out on. Check it out. To download, right click the link below and select "Save Link As".

http://www.happierabroad.com/Freedom.pdf

Here is the intro chapter for your preview:

Freedom in an Unfree World

Freedom is the opportunity to live your life as you want to live it.
The urge for freedom is so much a part of human nature that it can never be
suppressed by laws, slogans, or commandments. There is a difference, however,
between the urge and the reality.
For most people, freedom remains a pleasant fantasy — something to dream of
while carrying out daily obligations in the real world. They spend their lives talking
vaguely of what they want in life, what they think they’re missing, why they don’t
have it, and who it is that prevents them from being free.
For most people, freedom is an “if only.” “If only it hadn’t been for my wife, I would
have been a success.” Or “If only it hadn’t been for Roosevelt (or Nixon or
whomever), the country would be free.”
The unfree person can never fully repress his urge for freedom — whether he
considers his jailer to be his family, his job, society, or the government. And so, from
time to time, halfhearted attempts are made to break free from the restrictions.
But unfortunately, those attempts usually depend upon the individual’s ability to
change the minds of other people — and so optimism eventually turns into frustration
and despair.
Hoping to be free, many people engage in continual social combat — joining
movements, urging political action, writing letters to editors and Congressmen, trying
to educate people. They hope that someday it will all prove to have been worthwhile.
But as the years go by they see little overall change. Small victories are won; defeats
set them back. The world seems to continue on its path to wherever it’s going. Until
they die, the hopeful remain just as enslaved as they’ve always been.
The plans, the movements, the crusades — none of these things has worked. And
so the unfree person continues to dream, to condemn, and to remain where he is.
There must be a better way.
There must be a way to be free without having to wish for a miracle. It must be a
way by which an individual can change things without having to rally the rest of the
world to his side.
It has to be a way through which he can get rid of exorbitant taxes, have the time
to do what he wants to do, enjoy love without tiresome complications, remove
irritating social restrictions, and free himself from the hundred and one burdens that
others daily hand him.
And it must be a way that doesn’t require that he re-educate all the other people
involved.
Fortunately, there is such a way.
It isn’t necessary to join a massive campaign to reconstruct the society in which
you live, nor do you have to patiently re-educate everyone you deal with.
There’s a way that depends entirely upon what you choose to do. You can be free
without changing the world. You can live your life as you want to live it — no matter
what others decide to do with their lives.

Is It Possible?

If that doesn’t seem possible, I’m not surprised.
After all, how can you live as you want to live when there are so many people
who won’t let you?
How can you spend your money as you please when the government takes so much
of it in taxes? How can you do what you want to do when the government and society
have prohibited many of the things you’d like to do?
How could you live your own life when you have responsibilities to your family,
your friends, your job? How could you possibly ignore the demands that others make
upon you?
I realize that the odds against a free life must seem pretty formidable right now.
And yet there are already individuals who live their lives as they choose. Some of
them may have begun with greater problems than you face now. But in spite of their
problems, they’ve found freedom without waiting for the world to be free.
To be free in an unfree world isn’t nearly as unrealistic as it might seem at
first glance. After all, it’s commonly assumed that there can be free nations in
a world that contains enslaved nations. Why, then, can’t there be free states
within a nation that isn’t free? Or free towns within an unfree state?
Most important, why can’t there be free individuals within unfree towns,
states, or nations?
Freedom is possible, and you can have it — if that’s what you really want.
Freedom in an Unfree World 3
I can’t know which specific freedom you crave most — freedom from social
restrictions, family problems, high taxes, bad relationships, the treadmill,
governmental repression. Whichever one is most important to you, we’ll cover it and
more. And I think you’ll find that the principles to be stated will apply to any type of
situation that may be restraining you.
It’s not likely that you’ll ever gain your freedom by joining, marching, picketing,
or complaining — because all those methods rely upon changing the attitudes of
others. What I have in mind concerns the use of methods over which you have complete
control.

(End of intro. Download at link above.)
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Xmas Gift 4 U All! How I Found Freedom in an Unfree Worl

Postby ProfWag » 25 Dec 2011, 09:52

Thank you Winston.
ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 27 Dec 2011, 03:47

Your welcome. Let me know what you think of it. It is very compelling and logically sound on every page.

I just posted the intro above for your preview.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 27 Dec 2011, 05:54

ProfWag

The Path To Freedom - Taking Back Your Power and Sovereignty

Postby Scepcop » 06 Jan 2012, 01:46

Hi all,
I've been reading this life-changing ebook called "How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World" by Harry Browne. It has been very enlightening and eye-opening. I've learned a lot from it. I think the single greatest sentence in it is this:

"Freedom is more often lost by false assumptions than by the power of one’s enemies."

That makes so much sense when you think about it and meditate on it. We are all programmed to believe that we must serve and obey others, and live up to others' expectations, and that it is our duty to do so. The only way a few people (oligarchs) can control the many, is if they get the many to give up their power, otherwise they have no chance. No government in the world has enough soldiers to physically force everyone into compliance. So they must convince you to feel weak and powerless, in order for you to give up your power over to them. To do that, they have to use mind control, brainwashing and propaganda to get you to give up your power and sovereignty.

We are also tricked into the assumption that we have to live up to other people's standards and society's standards, in order to be happy and feel accepted. Otherwise, we feel that we have to convince other people to agree with us, in order to be accepted by them.

But these are false assumptions, and if we just let them go, then we will be a lot freer. The truth is, we cannot change other people and make them agree with us. We cannot change the world or society to make it agree with us either. All we can do is let go of our attachment to trying to live up to others and trying to make others accept us. You do not have to try to make yourself compatible with people you are not. There are always people out there who are compatible with you and will accept you for who you are. The trick is to ally with such types.

A manufacturing company, for example, does not try to convince everyone to buy their product. They look for a small target niche market that needs their product and will be interested in it, and cater to them for a mutually beneficial relationship. If they tried to convince everyone to buy from them, they will be disappointed and give up. But they don't need to do that, and neither do you.

The only person you can change or control is YOU. The only life you have sovereignty over is yours. No one else's. That's why you gotta take the power back in your hands and do what's best for you, and live your life the way you want it. That's how you are going to be truly free. You have to realize that NO ONE has power over you, unless you give away your power to them.

In summary, in order to be truly free, you have to:

1) Stop caring about what other people think. Don't give a shit about what others think. Let go of that attachment. You will never find peace or happiness if you always care what others think. You will never make everyone happy or agree with you.
2) Stop trying to live up to other people's expectations or trying to make other people live up to yours. You can't control or change others or make them agree with you. And if you live only to please others, you can never be truly free or happy.
3) Take back your power and sovereignty. Stop giving it away. No one has any power over you unless you give it over to them. The only person you can control and change is you. The only life you have sovereignty over is yours. So take it back. Quit these false assumptions. Only then can you be truly free and live the way you want.

Doesn't that make so much sense?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Great Ebook! How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Postby ProfWag » 06 Jan 2012, 04:34

Here's a thought, Scepcop. What would society look like in this world where no one gave a shit what other people think? Seriously, think about it please.
While I was outside this morning, I had to pee so I thought about taking a wizz on my neighbors new car because, well, I just didn't give a shit what he thinks. Would that have made me feel truly free? Hmmmm, I'm not so sure...
ProfWag

Return to General Discussions