[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
New Zealand woman stole to pay for psychics : Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

New Zealand woman stole to pay for psychics

Discuss Divination, Fortune Telling - Astrology, Tarot, Runes, I Ching, Tea Leaves, etc. and Predictions.

New Zealand woman stole to pay for psychics

Postby Nostradamus » 03 Mar 2010, 13:08

Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Re: New Zealand woman stole to pay for psychics

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Mar 2010, 20:46

Did they predict that she wouldn't get caught?
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 03 Mar 2010, 22:25

That is so funny. I had not thought of that. Great morning chuckle.

What I find so interesting in all of this is that despite obtaining useless information the woman kept going back for more. This is like an abusive relationship. Was it frustration that was driving her?

It's too bad the article didn't give some examples of the info given to her.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Mar 2010, 00:21

NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Mar 2010, 21:51

There are really very few people that can evaluate these claims. The problem with psychics and the evaluation of the claims is that they are often so fuzzy that a hit or miss is difficult to assign.

The only thing we can say for certain is that this person seemed very dissatisfied with the service but continued onward. This is like buying endless music and hating all of it. This is like trying everything on the menu and declaring all of it bad tasting.

Hate that try another. Hated that too try another. Hate again, try another. ...
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Mar 2010, 23:42

I can understand that concept completely. However, you need to take into consideration how many people repeatedly get told the same thing by numerous people but don't accept the information as accurate. Remove the psychic part from the mix and you find that some people just won't listen.

One example is "do I look fat in these pants?" No matter what the answer, it's wrong. Same with anorexia and bullemia... as long as they have skin hanging on their bodies, they feel they are fat when in fact they are almost dead. It would be interesting to find out what this woman was looking for in all of those psychic readings. That would at least give us some insight as to her mindset.

I'm sure that Craig can say this better than I, but I have had situations with card readings that make me shake my head in total wonder. To me the cards are clear in their interpretation but the person insists that it has nothing to do with their question. A bit of time with them and you realize that nothing you say is going to make sense to them as they are looking for what they want to hear, not what you are saying.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Mar 2010, 23:45

Thanks. That's really good insight.

Maybe she was refusing the answers because she was looking for something else?
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 05 Mar 2010, 00:10

It goes a bit further than "Maybe she was refusing the answers because she was looking for something else?". When you do things like read tarot cards, palm readings or any of those 'occult' games, you learn real fast about the different types of people you might attract in the process. It's no different than selling ice cream from a truck or any business actually, as you get a wide variety of personalities to your door. It's just that IMO the so called occult business will attract more ecclectic characters than others and/or they tend to stand out since you are dealing with a somewhat psychological exercise.

I can only speak from my limited experience as I don't do this professionally, nor do I charge $ for a tarot reading and my mindset is, "you get what you pay for". Not that I don't keep my practices completely professional or give each person 100% of the attention that they deserve. I have found there are some 'types' that seek out this sort of service.

1. The 'fun people' who enjoy spending a bit of free time with an occasional freebie. They wouldn't spend good money for a reading but they consider it to be fine entertainment and if they hear something interesting in the process, it's all good.

2. The 'curious people' who kind of, sort of, might think that there is something to this sort of thing so a tarot reading might be good for comparison reasons.

3. The 'basic believer' who enjoys a good tarot reading and is always on the look out for a reader that is better than their usual.

4. The 'hardcore believer' who finds it hard to make any major decisions without consulting the cards when their normal decision process just isn't working for them.

5. The 'scary people' who can't do jack without consultation.

6. The 'downright crazy loons' who I can usually pick out in a heartbeat because they are so off the wall that I can't leave fast enough.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 05 Mar 2010, 00:14

Then there is the 'repeater' who just won't give up with the same darned question over and over and over, expecting a different answer from what you told them last week.

I suspect the woman in question here was one of them.
NinjaPuppy

Return to Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions