[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
New Astrology Signs : Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions - Page 3 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

New Astrology Signs

Discuss Divination, Fortune Telling - Astrology, Tarot, Runes, I Ching, Tea Leaves, etc. and Predictions.

Re: New Astrology Signs

Postby ProfWag » 25 Jan 2011, 05:57

ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 27 Jan 2011, 01:16

I've spoken with several people involved in all of this in the past day or two and asked for details. In almost every case they answer has been the same; the proof is known of but ardent skeptics don't want to accept what has been shown time and time again through the MARS EFFECT research and other such material.

I have put word out and have others tracking down examples of both, cynic rhetoric in response to legitimate studies conducted by "your" rules as well as the name of the study in which CSICOP folk DELIBERATELY tamped with the findings on an Astrology study because the results were in fact, proving validity of Astrology. . . at least, in the form of percentages & averages, etc.

As soon as I have the data it will get posted. But as I've said before, I'm just not anal enough to keep these facts in some kind of "Bag of Holding" form which I can whip it out on a moments notice.
Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 27 Jan 2011, 01:25

From what I understand of that incident you are mentioning, although there were some shinanigans going on the results of the study were still flawed. I hope you have more than that to present.

Think about it Craig: how many stars and planets are there in the universe. Why do these particular stars have specific effects? And why should the moment of birth matter at all? Are the gravitational effects all that different on a baby the day before it is born, vs. the day after? Why are the effects not ongoing?

I really don't believe you believe in astrology Craig. Why not just come out and say it.

But if you have something to present, I'll look into it.
Arouet

Postby Craig Browning » 28 Jan 2011, 00:15

I do believe I've said (three times now) that I'm not an ardent supporter of Astrology. . . I even pointed out that I've only found two people (?) that didn't fit the typical mold when it comes to the whole Astrology issue; that in nearly all other incidents no two people ever gave me the same chart let alone overview (unless they were running the same software). . . I know I said that a few pages back, didn't I?

What I also said is that there are some legitimate points tied to the field that have likewise been proven that the naysayers don't want to weigh and try to justify their way around. There are patterns when it comes to physical, emotional and mental health let alone the paths people tend to walk when "similar" astrological alignment exists.

Yes, there are millions of stars, planets (and former planets... and planets that will become non-planets on down the road when SCIENCE changes their mind about things again, etc.) but we're not talking about "all" of the Universe, just what's in our particular neighborhood -- this solar system and what can be physically observed by the naked eye (for the most part). The whole New Age rhetoric over Asteroids and other such odds & ends are nothing more than "cheats" from where I'm sitting; "outs" that allow a Reader to suddenly see what they may have been wrong about something. But I can't say that when it comes to the "physics" of the solar system; logically if you have a physical action there has to be an effect -- just like the wake behind a boat; the most subtle of energy affects things. We just can't have it both ways.
Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 28 Jan 2011, 01:16

Arouet

Postby Craig Browning » 29 Jan 2011, 09:51

Yes, I am smarter than this... which is why I'll go no further with this discussion
Craig Browning

Postby warringly » 13 Oct 2011, 17:11

What is the most accurate horoscope website? I just wanted to know which horoscope website has the most accurate information that is free.
market samurai ~ marketsamurai
warringly

Postby ProfWag » 13 Oct 2011, 18:09

ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 13 Oct 2011, 20:32

I'll bet the website he eventually tries to sneak into his post has products that aren't free!
Arouet

Previous

Return to Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions