[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FREE Cold Reading Resource : Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

FREE Cold Reading Resource

Discuss Divination, Fortune Telling - Astrology, Tarot, Runes, I Ching, Tea Leaves, etc. and Predictions.

FREE Cold Reading Resource

Postby Craig Browning » 23 Dec 2010, 22:02

As most here know I've worked in the pro-magic world for most of the past 40ish years, with Mentalism/Bizarre Magick proving my primary arena over the past 20 or so. As such I tend to notice the billion and one children asking the same bank of questions (they refuse to use a search feature... or are too ignorant to know what one is, it would seem)... "How do I...?" In this instance, I'm tackling Cold Reading first because of the gross amount of inappropriate material being recommended to the novice as well as the prejudice that seems to be at the root of the problem (though it is not the primary issue; rather, it's armchair experts that haven't a clue as to what true Cold Reading skills are about and who have never relied on said skills at any level, when it comes to actual vocation and career use.) So here you go, a tool to learn with as well as a resource that can be referenced when it comes to expanding one's skills as a Reader.... and yes, I'm kindof-sortof breaking the magician rules here when it comes to sharing these resources with non-magicians. At the same time, if you type in "Cold Reading" in your search engine I'll bet you'll find the same exact list of books I copied and edited to include in this little treatise. In other words, everyone has existing access to this information so I'm really not "exposing" a thing, just making it available to those that wish to study and gain a better understanding of it from the thespian's point of view.

Book = http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/learn ... g/14330268
Craig Browning

Re: FREE Cold Reading Resource

Postby ProfWag » 24 Dec 2010, 01:23

ProfWag

Postby derrida » 24 Dec 2010, 02:36

derrida

Postby derrida » 24 Dec 2010, 02:40

derrida

Postby Arouet » 24 Dec 2010, 02:48

Started skimming it. Why do the first few pages have to be a rant about Randi, and skeptics, and atheists?
Arouet

Postby derrida » 24 Dec 2010, 03:29

derrida

Postby ProfWag » 24 Dec 2010, 04:43

ProfWag

Postby derrida » 24 Dec 2010, 08:48

derrida

Postby Craig Browning » 25 Dec 2010, 01:35

I always return those soccer balls (flattened, though)...

Firstly, the title was just my not seeing the obvious and hopefully I can get that fixed without have to republish the whole thing (lulu has it's draw-backs)

Secondly, my opening few pages of "rant" towards the cynically minded centers on the fact that 90% of what's been produced in the past decade and a half on this topic is rife with their rhetoric and being crammed down the throats and minds of newbies as "How It's All Done" when in truth, the authors (especially Rowland) have side-stepped the fundamental realities of learning ANYTHING; you must start as square one and learn to walk before you can complicate it with skipping, jumping, hoping on one leg, etc. for which BALANCE is the key. I know of NONE of the popular writers in recent times who have any legitimate background working as a full-time Reader so how in the hell are they going to teach anything but theory and analytical assholiery?

I hate to break this to you guys, but when people learn how to actually USE AN ESTABLISHED ORACULAR SYSTEM they end up doing amazingly well without all the horse pucky that's oozed from the auspices of critical minds and on top of that, with regular work and practice, they will end up being significantly more accurate (in most instances) due to an intuitive connection vs. analytical gymnastics (thinking of how to say the next thing, what lines will work best, how to "control" the client, etc.) As if this weren't sufficient, the majority that learn to work with genuine esoteric systems with an open and willing mind on a daily basis for roughly 18-24 months (roughly 1,200 to 2,500 readings on low-end average... if should be at least 50% higher for the more seriously dedicated student -- 2-5 15-30 minute Readings a day, everyday of the year and yes, it's an obtainable goal for most everyone these days.) regardless, those working on this level WILL start having information flow from them, including precognitive feedback, that cannot be explained away by Forer & Barnum B.S. that is a very big fact and one of the reasons I'm so critical of the critics. ;) (and no, I'm not going to give you a list of examples to try to dissect and ridicule... I stopped playing that game long ago).

I can't help but ponder why the cynics and critical detractors of psychics get so up-set when they get a serving of their own harshness and critique. You'd think they were a bunch of immature children in lab coats throwing a tantrum over someone not playing by their rules... :twisted:
Craig Browning

Postby SharondaCalle » 17 May 2017, 23:12

SharondaCalle

Return to Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions