[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Great documentaries on Afterlife and NDE's : Share Interesting Videos and Films • SCEPCOP Forum
View Active Topics          View Your Posts
Switch to desktop style
Share or recommend interesting films and videos about paranormal phenomena, awakening topics, skepticism, spirituality, metaphysics, science, conspiracies, etc.
Post a reply

Great documentaries on Afterlife and NDE's

12 Oct 2010, 02:19

The Scientific and Rationalist Case for Life After Death, by Atheist Michael Roll

Re: The Scientific and Rationalist Case for Life After Death

12 Oct 2010, 03:19

I sooo wish you could use words to explain the gist of things vs. this damned videos... that suck up more time than most people have in today's world.

I've read some very interesting material on the whole Life after Death and Reincarnation idea (I happen to be a strong proponent of the latter). It's a very interesting subject, especially when you get into the realms of Spiritualism and Ghost Hunting and how it all ties together.

12 Oct 2010, 03:22

Film: The Science Of Eternity

The greatest question affecting each and every human being is the question of death and dying. Do we simply cease to exist or do we pass quite naturally into the next world? Astounding personal encounters with supposedly dead relatives coupled with new scientific evidence based on quantum physics - the study of the invisible part of the universe - suggests that WE ALL SURVIVE death.

Written and presented by Alan Pemberton this 60 minute video features:

Ronald Pearson - This scientist's papers linking survival after death with subatomic physics have been peer-refereed and published by physicists in Russia and the USA.

Michael Roll - The author of the pamphlet 'The Scientific Proof of Survival After Death'.

Gwen and Alf Byrne - These parents have been physically reunited with their "dead" son, Russell, in several hundred repeatable experiments.

Tom Harrison - He tells the story of his the incredible mediumship of his mother, Minnie Harrison, who was one of the greatest materialisation mediums ever to make contact with people in the etheric universe.

David Icke - Talks about life after death.

Part 1 of 7:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-xBTipxos

12 Oct 2010, 03:40

Be Careful with how much credit you give Ickie... he is on Cult Watch lists and is the sort that requires some very careful filtering and caution when dealing with. I've noticed that you are more and more supporting is material, much of which isn't just dated, but highly questionable... incomplete. Especially given some of the follow-up that's out there on some of it (material done in response to his claims).

I like David though I've only spoken to him (metaphorically... eMail being what it is) a few times, but most of the eMail I get form his group goes straight into my spam box because that's all it is... another preacher wanting money in some form or another.

Try to find a new flavor of guru for a while; someone that can give you a bit more "believable" insights to these things. I think Lawerence Gardner still has a forum as do a few other "Grail"/"Holy Blood" types... just about any conspiracy or supernatural type theme can be found, but what you have to do is learn how to filter out the B.S. and personal hype given by certain of these folks vs. the more down to earth course on things... especially when it goes against some of your own beliefs or perceptions; not only is this a way to prove to yourself that you are "open minded" and seek to find "the truth" about things, it forces you to question things, which most folks, especially when the fall into a cult-mind scenario (like Ickie's group) don't do... they blindly accept what the guru says and move on with their EXISTENCE (not a "life" in that you've surrendered your individuality).

As I've said, Winston, I'm honestly concerned about you ;)

12 Oct 2010, 11:21

How do you have David Icke's email? It's not public knowledge.

Have you spent time listening to David Icke? If so, your impression of him changes a lot than if you just listen to what mainstream sources tell you about him. The more you listen to him, the more you admire his wisdom and insight.

He may not be right about everything, but he's right about a lot of things.

23 Oct 2010, 20:21

In Part 5 of this interview David Ash explains how quantum physics can account for different planes where everything is just as solid as we are.

He explains why you should look to physicists to understand about God, not biologists, which tend to be Atheists and deny God.

Interview with Dr. Jeffrey Long on Skeptiko

19 May 2011, 04:17

Hi all,
I just uploaded a Skeptiko interview with Dr. Jeffrey Long, author of "Evidence of the Afterlife" to my YouTube channel. Here is the link.

Part 1 of 3

To listen to more Skeptiko podcasts on paranormal science vs. skepticism:

http://www.skeptiko.com

To order Dr. Long's book "Evidence of the Afterlife":

http://astore.amazon.com/religion-spiri ... 0061452556

19 May 2011, 05:38

You guys can also join me on the Skeptiko forum. I'm a reg there.

NDE Debate: Alex Tsakiris vs. Steven Novella

21 May 2011, 01:34

I just uploaded this to YouTube:

In this episode of Skeptiko, Alex Tsakiris interviews and debates Dr. Steven Novella, Yale neurologist and host of "The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe", on the interpretations of Near Death Experiences and their implications for survival consciousness.

21 May 2011, 03:33

What did you think of it?

02 Jun 2011, 06:16

To be fair, here is an article from the other side, from an atheist who does not believe that NDE's are evidence of an afterlife.

http://gretachristina.typepad.com/greta ... ences.html

02 Jun 2011, 06:20

02 Jun 2011, 21:52

Admittedly NOT tied directly to this thread (the videos)

I've always found it interesting, the practice of most societies and the more primitive aspects of religion (shamanism) and the quest for "enlightenment" involves a flirting with death, oft times taking the neophyte right to death's door by way of ritual fasting, suspension and the use of this and that herb-based combination; the hallucination being needed to help them "see" and the "sickness" (coming near death) brings about the psychological elements that more or less force the hallucinations to fit a particular form or theme if you would.

Most all NDEs involve a cultural reference which is why, as someone that's a strong advocate of the paranormal, I believe there is far more to the situation than antiquated "faith-views" and superstition allow for. My personal philosophy being that one MUST couple the rational with the metaphysical in order to find the "truth" for what it is rather than what we want it to be. In other words, "Why" do those raised in an Islamic culture see Mohamed or Abraham instead of Jesus Christ or Krishna or any of the other godheads found around the globe in the many religious & social cultures? This fact alone gives us some very strong support to the fact that NDE scenarios as well as aspects of Astral Projection, are purely psychological in foundation, but affected by our own biology and subconscious programming. This doesn't mean that such experiences have no purpose or impact for the people that experience them, only that they need to weigh the rational perception along with the mystical so as to "ground" themselves and not become overly zealous and falsely suede/converted because of them.

I've done a lot of research and actual rituals that involve Astral Projection and induced NDE type conditions via legitimate setting as well as participation in certain 1970's Kool-Aid & Sunshine parties of the day :twisted: This is something that has strong interest for me because of childhood experiences and my need to gain a better understanding of them; I simply can't take things at face value and from what I've learned over the years, such is the folly of most who think themselves to be "on the path" -- they blind themselves to the simplicity and "mundane nature" of it all because they need it to be "more".

Research has supported the fact that those of us that "experimented" with "Mind Expanding" elixirs of the day, frequently improve their mental agility so to speak; they are able to see things from multiple points of view and create very bold and imaginative "solutions" to challenges set before them be it an engineering & design issue or social-political debate. Understand, I'm speaking of those that were moderate party goers rather than those that develop a need to escape and exist in the faux world such chemistry allows us to know. Regardless, what scientist has seen in those that partook of such things 30+ years ago seems to mirror the manifestations spoken of when it comes to the Initiated pilgrims that successfully progressed through the varied levels of mystical teaching.

These "rites" of initiation are spoke of in nearly every culture & religion, including early aspects of Christianity; their "danger" progressing the further into the mysteries one successfully travels. For an example, the first year neophyte of certain shaman cultures will face acts of extended fasting, the sweat lodge, certain suspension rituals and even fire-walking on a progressive basis that helps them learn on several levels, the most important being identical to why Anthony Robbins has patrons walk on the coals BEFORE they come into the seminar -- it teaches confidence and the realization that you can move beyond your fears and self-imposed limitations. If we look at most any religion, we can find similar suggestion such as the myth within Christianity when it comes to enduring hardship and suffering and even poverty while in this world in order to reap serenity in the after-life. Though the dogma around this false-teaching had ulterior motives the lie actually empowered followers in much the same way fire-walking and such "emboldened" the wannabe mystic.

Yes, there are some physiological oddities tied to death that seem to support the idea that a physical soul or something leaves the body at the moment of actual death (bodies actually loose several ounces of weight and a 'wet' substance manifests at the top of the head as well as the "3rd Eye" area of the forehead and the Solarplexis region of the body itself -- the three "key" chakra points associated with higher-being and spirit). I can't explain the phenomena but I will admit that it is one of the reasons I will leave the door opened a bit when it comes to the idea that the soul is real and does survive physical expiration. Beyond that I can only rely on theory and supposition in that science has YET to move with the soul on its journey into that altered state and alternative reality that I truly believe exists and science will, possibly within the next century or two, give us a way by which to not just witness it, but gain a more tangible understanding of it.

Re: The Scientific Rationalist Case for Life After Death

23 Oct 2011, 17:37

Here are more Skeptiko podcasts I uploaded to YouTube.

Interview with Chris Carter, author of "Science and the Near Death Experience".

Alex debates atheist blogger Greta Christina.

Alex debates Susan Blackmore, author of "Dying to Live".

Re: The Scientific Rationalist Case for Life After Death

24 Oct 2011, 00:17

Novella does not need to be taken seriously. He is not even remotely objective and he frequently gets his facts wrong.
Post a reply