[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Videos on Psychic Detective Dorothy Allison : Share Interesting Videos and Films • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Videos on Psychic Detective Dorothy Allison

Share or recommend interesting films and videos about paranormal phenomena, awakening topics, skepticism, spirituality, metaphysics, science, conspiracies, etc.

Videos on Psychic Detective Dorothy Allison

Postby Eteponge » 09 Jul 2009, 12:56

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Re: Videos on Psychic Detective Dorothy Allison

Postby ProfWag » 10 Aug 2009, 22:34

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Aug 2009, 23:41

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 11 Aug 2009, 02:05

Thank you for the post NinjaPuppy. I'm a little concerned that we skeptics are called "followers" of Randi. That sounds like I'm in a cult. Maybe there are some people who follow him as if his organization is a cult, but I'm certainly not one of them and neither are a lot of skeptics I'm familiar with. I'm in agreement with many things that he says, but there are also things he says that I don't agree with (use of the term "woo" disturbs me greatly.) Then again, I don't agree with some things my own wife says. In any event, I appreciate his efforts in digging out fraud and exposing those who claim things that are untrue. Frauds in any capacity hurt society as a whole. With that, I support many of his efforts. I also support Shermer, Penn and Teller, and a host of other people who seek the truth and expose the frauds.
ProfWag

Postby Eteponge » 11 Aug 2009, 05:40

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby The Professor » 11 Aug 2009, 10:03

Many people have had Paranormal Experiences that have solved many crime cases!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSED TO TEST FOR A MILLION DOLLARS
The Professor

Postby Ozz » 11 Aug 2009, 15:01

Ozz

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Aug 2009, 20:20

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 11 Aug 2009, 22:07

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 11 Aug 2009, 22:15

Eteponge,
I can appreciate your enthusiasm in this case. I have had similar cases that I enjoy studying. However, this is at least the 3rd time you’ve referenced these two sources for Dorothy, so, I’m going to call you out now. First, who is Scott Jacobson and what was his interest in a case that he felt compelled to write and research about it over a decade after the fact? I could find no reference to him anywhere. Second, if you were a college professor, would you allow your students to use “Unsolved Mysteries” as a reference in their research papers? I should hope not. That show did nothing to investigate paranormal claims, they did everything to try to make a profit. So, please, please, please provide more justifiable information on Dorothy Allison and/or Scott Jacobson. The name of this forum begins with “Scientific Committee,” but your sources are in not scientific. I’m interested in the facts, but they must be from at least half-way credible sources or they will immediately get discounted.
Wag
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Aug 2009, 22:45

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 12 Aug 2009, 09:09

ProfWag

Postby Eteponge » 12 Aug 2009, 10:41

Eteponge

Postby ciscop » 12 Aug 2009, 11:42

uh yeah!
investigations are awesome!!
i would love to know more about this woman
would be awesome if there was any transcripts
right now seems like what we have are only her hits and thats not a scientific way of analyzing anything
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Aug 2009, 21:52

OK, I will make a call to see if I can get the original files or at least exact copies sent to me on a police case where a psychic was used. Perhaps we can all set up some sort of list of what everyone requires to be satisfied with or other items that I have to possibly obtain to see if it will even be a worthy exercise.

It may be a wash out but at least we can all give it a try and see how it goes.

Skeptics - What do y'all feel will be necessary to consider any information we are able to obtain as 'valid'? I am open to any suggestions so fire away.

I can tell you that the detectives who personally solved this case are long dead. I don't know about the rest of the people involved but perhaps we might get lucky and the psychic in question might still be alive and there is still a chance in a million that he is not gone. One widow of one of the detectives is still alive and that's how I found out about it. I have zero idea of what is in this existing file so we will all be starting from scratch, other than I have nothing more than personal memory recall of the actual crime.

I can scan whatever there is to be read or looked at and post it to a separate website created just for this exercise, for review at everyone's leisure. We can discuss as usual and progress accordingly on a topic for this right here.

It may prove very interesting and it may prove to be nothing more than a real life game of "Clue". We won't know unless we give it a try.
NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to Share Interesting Videos and Films