[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
My Critique of "The Secret" and Law of Attraction : Share Interesting Videos and Films - Page 3 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

My Critique of "The Secret" and Law of Attraction

Share or recommend interesting films and videos about paranormal phenomena, awakening topics, skepticism, spirituality, metaphysics, science, conspiracies, etc.

Re: My Critique of "The Secret" and Law of Attraction

Postby Gforcewarp9 » 06 Oct 2012, 01:15

Gforcewarp9

Postby Craig Browning » 06 Oct 2012, 23:13

Well, facing fear does work IF YOU WANT IT TO. Nothing works if your desire to cling to the problem outweighs those practices that have been proven to work be it metaphysically or psychologically (which are closely related) and yes, this is exactly what the Law of Attraction or Self-Creationism is about; you must change the energy in order to change the manifestation. This is basic physics as well as being a primary metaphysical/spiritual law.

The U.S. has the highest population of hypochondriacs on the planet. I point this out because of how many people are dependent upon their "illnesses", the majority of which are psychosomatic or, to be blunt, manipulation -- people playing victim in order to rob energy from others. While there are many legit cases in which an illness is held onto, such as the person with a curable form of cancer but they just don't respond to treatment, the bulk of instances involve less than chronic conditions that are made into huge reasons for drama. The point being, the mind-set and codependency of people when it comes to such self-created ails (as in psycho-physiological) attracts physical "side-effects" -- as James Allen put it, "Our Thinking Can Make a Heaven of Hell or vice-verse" and that's the case here; negative pattern of thought (codependency and the unwillingness to face one's phobias & inner fears as well as personal truths) creates a personal prison that will evolve, manifesting a greater sense of personal hell and impoverishment. It time our negative thought patterns (especially those we've suppressed and hold to at the subconscious level) will become tangible in the real world due to Attraction . . . like seeks like. When the mind chooses to embrace the idea of loneliness and separation the Universe will give that to us in time. . . the longer we hold to it the more inevitable it becomes.

The other thing that happens when it comes to the Law of Attraction, is bringing into our lives those individuals & personalities that will more or less force us to take a look at the things we do not wish to look at that's both, affecting and infecting our lives i.e. When the Student is Ready the Teacher Will Come. I've betting you've probably encountered more than one person over the years telling you much of what I said and I promise, you'll keep having such encounters until you start consciously breaking down those thick walls you're erected; you have attracted that which will help you IF YOU LET IT. Unfortunately you seem to see all such influences as a threat and in a negative light because you are more left brain oriented than right. Regardless, you have attracted people and situations into your own reality that are constantly challenging you to look in the mirror and get to know that person you see, intimately.

BTW. . . I'm not exactly some New Age evangelist and far from being a 12-step Nazi. I'm actually a rather outspoken critic of both though I find value in both. The 12 steps are a guide that allow people to move through a psychological labyrinth and reclaim some semblance of dignity and self-identity but it's just that, a tool. When it comes to the "church services" side of things, I fear I have issues in that human beings love to get political and indulge in gossip and thus, miss the point. Similarly, the "New Age"/Neo-Pagan side of my belief system comes from numerous experiences and decades of study; not just in metaphysics but religions in general. My "belief" however, is narrow; I proudly state that I'm 93% agnostic but there is that 7% tied to the paranormal that I cannot deny and will not ignore. If that's a fallacy, I'm more than glad to admit to it in that I see it as a strength.

My position with these things likewise stem from the Law of Attraction; in my early teens I spent hours envisioning and affirming that I would become a true modern-day wizard, learning all the secrets tied to the realm of illusion as well as "real" magick. I've more or less accomplished such and given how it all came together, must see it as being proof of attraction or self-creation. I had other, darker, "fantasies" in those teen years as well and they too came to be part of my reality, placing me in oft time dire and dangerous settings. But I can trace the thought patterns and find where and how I drew such things into my life or, conversely, the karmic influences that brought about the lesson(s) I needed to learn and deal with.

You want to talk about LOA. . . well, here you have it in a nut shell. These are but a few demonstrations as to the legitimacy of that "law" as well as where it is to be found within the conscious & sub-conscious aspects of the mind. Our ability to recognize such things however, centers on the mind-set of the individual; if you are wired to see things only from a rationalists point of view it is quite difficult to comprehend such things for a number of reasons; fear and impatience usually standing at the forefront. On the other hand, right brain thinkers tend to get carried away with such validation, taking their perception to yet another extreme that is just as faulty and "blinding". The result of this zealous attitude is an inability to recognize, let alone live within a balanced state of reality, which is the real issue.

Until we are able to BALANCE our perceptions, understanding that either position of an issue is valid; the contrast between the positions being a matter of incremental knowledge & willingness. The more the believer learns to look at things pragmatically, the more towards center (balance) they become. Similarly, the more the rationalist let's go of their staunch attitudes and becomes willing to consider the "fantastic" the more they move towards harmony. This of course is a thing within the individual but, as more people come to this state of willingness the more our society will move towards common ground. This is where we step into the issue of the Universal Mind and how the will or energy within a society or global population, attracts "Utopia". . . of course, this is an extreme, but it is likewise the promise we find in most all the great religions and humanitarian philosophies; the more balanced and "like minded" we become, the more we find the formation of a terrestrial paradise -- Heaven on Earth or whatever other label one may wish to apply. Again, this comes about as the collective of like minded people draw it into existence as a matter of genuine desire. . . but that's something to be addresses at a latter day. ;)
Craig Browning

Postby Gforcewarp9 » 10 Oct 2012, 02:33

Hello, we meet again.

FYI, if you had approached me more like your previous post in the first place, I might not have responded like an angry beast with a bad hair day.

Firstly, I've faced my fears many times. Interestingly, I've heard it be said that "exposure therapy" works well for phobias--however if that is true, then after all the flying and rock climbing I've done (yes, rock climbing) I should be phobia-free, and that just doesn't seem to be the case. In any instance, as I stated previously, I don't fly any more (it's expensive and bad for the planet) and I have little desire to go rock climbing these days, so this phobia of mine isn't really affecting my daily life. Now, if I had say, a fear of doing dishes, making dinner, or getting little boys off to school, I'd be in big trouble.

Secondly, I'm not sure who this quote belongs to, but I've heard it said that "all comedy needs a victim." The victim of my comedy is usually myself. if I become so perfect that I remove all my fears, phobias, and foibles, then that leaves me with only one other choice for a comedic victim: other people. I generally find that people don't appreciate pot shots unless you aim the pot at yourself from time to time. And, to be honest, I'm tired of trying to change me-- it's exhausting. I'm happy with just accepting me. Awe, I felt so warm and fuzzy writing that. One of these days I'll send myself to a Vipassana retreat, but for now, I'm o.k.

Funny you should mention my supposed left-brained leanings. I am actually a very creative person who was told growing up that I was very "right brained." Personally, I don't think I am more one than the other, as both sides of my brain seem to enjoy duking it out with one another--some days one side just prevails over the other. You might be surprised to know that growing up I was very imaginative to the point of being chastised for "getting lost in the clouds." As a young adult, I was very attracted to Magic with a "K," and had quite collection of esoteric books. For some reason, my philosophical pendulum has swung radically the other way. Even Aleister Crowley encouraged one to "doubt:" "I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning." Of course, as with all Crowley, I may be completely misinterpreting the quote, not to mention missing some Qabbalistic/Numerological double entendre. (On second thought, I seem to remember it having something to do with recording the results of your ritual endeavors carefully, like a scientist doing experiments. However, this is all neither here nor there and has nothing at all to do with my point.)

At this point, I am more of an equal opportunity skeptic, and I (obviously) enjoy being a grumpy curmudgeon raining on those shiny happy hippie's parade. For one, I just can't stand smug self-righteousness. Duex, I enjoy playing devil's advocate...or maybe it's just part of what one psychologist once labeled as my "oppositional defiance disorder." 8-)

Intriguingly, recent studies have shown that people with negative attitudes live just as long as those with positive attitudes--though it might be better for them and everyone else if they would just croak sooner, but they don't. However, what you seem to be saying is that the way our life unfolds is a balance between "karma" and ones present day attitude. I must say that conveniently explains why bad things often happens to good people, but in my opinion does not "co-exist" with LOA well, at least not in the way I see many so called adherents believing it, as if you can wave a magic wand like tinker bell, and sh*t just works out exactly the way you want it to. In my view, there is sh*t that we definitely create here on Earth in our own lives, and then there is sh*t that just happens. To me, it doesn't matter what force was behind the sh*t that seems to just happens (like tsunami's, planes falling out of the sky, or piano's dropping on your head from the 5th story)--it is what it is.

In any case, at this point in my career as a human being here on this planet, I don't mind life being more mundane; I have lost the need to see mysteries around every corner or meaning in every tea leaf. Since having a child, the world I previously saw as banal, has become rich and fulfilling with out needing to resort to an ounce of fantasy. A beautiful morning spent with my kid is all the meaning I need. Yep, you can pass that one on to the folks at Hallmark. Royalties would be nice...
Gforcewarp9

Postby Craig Browning » 10 Oct 2012, 19:34

You are speaking to one of the leading Curmudgeons within the pro Magic industry, you realize this, no?

I've helped raise 10 kids over the past 35 years so yes, I know that feeling you speak of as well as the feeling of letting those kids learn about the many different paths that are available in life (the mother of the last batch and myself were chronic students of theology and religious history e.g. their were hundreds of books on nearly every religion and philosophy known to exist on the bookshelves throughout the house).

Right Brained creative children frequently get such things drummed out of them early on; my father tried doing that TWICE which resulted in two F-ed-up kids; one that's undergone years of counseling and introspection and the other that became a white supremest and pro-end of the world survivor type (guess which one I am). The real irony is that the one that at least attempted to pull his life together is the official black sheep of the family because he's gay, while the absentee father of at least 5 kids we know of, is the good guy because he goes to church. . . go figure :roll:

What I'm saying, is that I can understand how you have learned to work with either hemisphere of your brain and the related energy therein. . . as I said, "Balance" is the key.

I'm still filled with rage and still have a very short Irish fuse, but I've learned to both, breathe as well as live. The World is one of the best teachers and if you look at the various religious books, the "Saints" & "Prophets" were the ones cursing god the most even when they were enduring hell in life.

I do not rely on invisible friends and most certainly not any leather-bound suppository of words by which others want me to live. Nor do I need some special building & trimmings when it comes to my "worship" for what I recognize as divine surrounds me. . . especially when I'm outside of a developed region which, if my health were better, is where I'd be.

I point out that I too have things I'm working through as well as prejudices towards the asses of faith (which do make up the majority of any group; Rabbi & Priest alike explain that less than 10% of their congregations even attempt to live according to the principles of their faith). The moral of the story being that what we find on the surface isn't always the truth of the group. . . granted, I've never met a professed Christian that wasn't a bigot at some level or another, but there's always hope of finding one or two that actually caught on to the original message.

I AM NOT one of the obsessed metaphysical nut jobs out there. . . far from it. In fact, I can't even get work in this area because my views aren't as commercially effective as their promises of riches and inner-peace and then there's that pesky thing of my exposing how charlatan operations work and what they may want to do to avoid such reputations. It may sound odd, a professed Psychic exposing other psychics but that's not what I'm doing; I'm exposing predators, there's a difference. ;)

So perhaps you stepped on my toes and in return I stepped on yours. . . we're both butts and quite possibly "nuts". But we needn't take things further. ;)
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Oct 2012, 19:52

NinjaPuppy

Postby Gforcewarp9 » 11 Oct 2012, 02:49

Gforcewarp9

Postby Craig Browning » 12 Oct 2012, 04:29

Craig Browning

Postby Gforcewarp9 » 12 Oct 2012, 07:27

Gforcewarp9

Postby Craig Browning » 13 Oct 2012, 01:23

Two alpha mentalities will always butt heads upon first meeting :lol:

In our case I think it's the similarities that compounded the tension; you seem to share some of the same perspectives I have for the same general reasons but your take on them differs from mine. I still give the metaphysical side of things merit where you're a lot more "cautious" -- "gun shy" as some might say, and frankly, I can see why. I can also see how life has helped you to grow into your own form of belief and understanding when it comes to this sort of thing.

You asked me about the "meek" comment; it refers to the sense of humility you express. . . no humility as in being humiliated but what used to be seen as a positive trait; a person that does not project significant ego because they have learned through life that ego is a positive thing. You've learned to live in a more pragmatic and practical manner and as such, you "don't have time for horse pucky" be it sitting on a pew on Sunday or singing Kum-by-ya around a campfire. It's a good thing as well as rare, in that this form of humility relates directly to your spiritual sense of self; you've seen what you do not want to be and yet, you've accepted the good stuff albeit, subconsciously. This is a very Zen way of doing things; taking what works and discarding the rest. It would seem that you are now taking the other side of that Zen practice and reconsidering what was once sat to the side. I know I made Louise Hay's life a living hell because I couldn't accept that we created our own realities and all the crap I was going through in those days, was my fault. It wasn't until I met Manly Hall and started investing time at the L.A. Philosophic Research Society and began understanding Karma, that I was able to understand self-creationism and the FACTS about it . . . including how it is a false doctrine -- a very dangerous one in fact.

As you've noted, LOA or Self-Creationism seeks to side-step the law of Karma, which one can do here and there for an incarnation or two but ultimately ONE MUST PAY THE PIPER; sooner of later the Universe WILL make you pay up, nothing comes to us for free and balance is the rule of the Universe, without balance true existence cannot happen.

So what happens to these LOA types that try taking short cuts?

Take a look at the ghettos of every 3rd world nation known and pay attention to all the starving children. This is an excellent example as to the terrestrial-hell such ego's ultimately find and yes, it's because of the Law of Attraction -- they sought to avoid their obligations and worship the material world to the level of abuse and so they must endure extreme hardship in order to counter-balance their karmic debt. On the Self-Creation level, they agreed to this carnally low existence in order to heal the damage they had done to their soul-self, robbing it of its opportunity to evolve and move to the higher levels of understanding/responsibility/wisdom & love. Of course, most of this has to do with the Spirit Realms and what happens between death and rebirth. We are then born into a new life, ignorant (to a degree) of the agreements made prior to the start of this new incarnation; the tools are there to help us remember and fulfill those agreements but we likewise have our freedom (free-DOOM) of will; opportunity to choose between serving spirit and humanity or once again serving self and manna.

No, Karma does not punish but it does lend to us lessons from which to learn, many of which do happen in the course of our life but some of the more important ones follow us from life-time to life-time because we keep trying to avoid them. This compounds those negative traits within us and if we do not choose to correct them, we will ultimately have to face that neglect by living with the ramifications -- the manifestations we "attracted" into our reality. If you're a rich, white bigot in one life you may very well come back as a poor child of color, maybe even gay or transgendered; instead of being the rapist you will be the one that gets raped and so on. All because Karma demands balance and we must comply or learn the harder lessen until we "get it".

This is a HUGE issue and multiple side that need to be taken into consideration, but this is the tip of the iceberg, hope it's clarified some things when it comes to me and how I see the role of Karma and the whole LOA game. ;)
Craig Browning

Postby ColubrineDeuce » 10 May 2014, 00:09

Hi there.
I wanted to perhaps add some perspective, and my dealings with the Law of attraction, and what it is to me.
Advice channeled from dead guys never really appealed to me, but it was the idea and need for wealth that got me interested. I have studied this topic a great deal, mostly through Abraham Hicks, and always treated it skeptically.
Because # 1, why does she have to channel? Why aren't people coming to see Hicks? Why are the seminars costing so much? Etc
I have found some useful information along the way, and I have seen it seemingly misused just as much.
One of the basic principles is that the LOA doesn't understand the biases we place upon things. It simply gives us more of what we are thinking about. To understand this, and vibration requires felt perception.
This is where it gets tricky, because you have to not only get in touch with your feelings, but you must work through the very things that you think you desire in order for you to develop a better conscious awareness of these feelings. You must also redefine your associations with things and their normally evoked feelings associated with them in order to experience them in alignment with source as they might call it.
For example ;I approached Law of attraction in a state of vibration related to want. Now could you say that you feel something when you are desiring something? Do you know the feeling of being content and at peace with things as they are? That is going to be your baseline, and likewise, when you see something you want, you pay attention to how that feels.
Now another teaching with Law of attraction is about shifting your state of being which is governed by thought from the state of want, to the state of having. Through picturing the things that make one happy, one feels the abundance of the what is, and through that, it removes the resistance, and likewise, that which we have placed as important now has the ability to make its way toward our lives.
Now this isn't something you can fake. You can't just make up your mind, and have it appear, and if you really dig through Abraham Hicks teachings you will see her/him stressing the fundamentals. The details are avoided as much as possible because the details are what gets the priority, when it is really all about developing felt perception through the details.
The things that we desire, we don't need, we want and need the feeling that it will bring. That whatever it is that we are going to manifest will unmanifest at some point, and this isn't brought up, because in the same way, the person does not benefit from seeing that far forward at that point.
Same way for your questions you asked to have answered. The value for you isn't going to come from them being answered, but rather that you develop your felt perception in regards to where you are coming from asking those questions.
Which is also a major question that Abraham Hicks tends to ask at the beginning of their seminars. "Do you know what you want?" Which largely she will answer that no, most of you don't.
So then, we must consider that perhaps we don't really know what we want. That while Wu might want to walk through a wall, why is it that he would want to do that? Or why is it that he would want to see someone do that? Then it might bring up why can't Wu walk through a wall perhaps? Is Wu needing to blame the wall? Does Wu need to blame Wayne Dyer?
What does Wu need to blame, or perhaps even why does Wu need to blame? Better yet, how does Wu feel when he feels skeptical?
Which these kinds of ideas lead me to not want to control what I manifested, but rather to maybe have insight into understanding just how perfect things were that I was manifesting. How they met my needs and desires more than my thinking mind was able to comprehend. Through study of myself and where my mind was, and how i was feeling in regards to things lead to the awareness that most of the time I was split in mind. I was very sad deep inside, and that kept me in a state of want in order to change, but not realizing that change came from shifting how that I saw myself, and what I was, and what I wanted in order to have the energy it took to invest a certain purity of presence in the things I was doing.
I have found that our wants are meant to bring us ourselves, but not as much as the things that we don't want, as they hold the greatest pieces of our puzzles in regards to where our energy is invested in holding up this reality that we seemingly experience. I am saying that through time, we invest energy into things holding them to what we think they should be, rather than what they are, and that leaves us with very little personal power in the now.
So, I might suggest that if you want to understand how reality is manifested, take a look at their past. If one wants to understand how reality is manifested on a god like level, one must find ways of suspending ones own physically conscious self to experience it through felt perception to experience what I believe is known to be "God head" but still yet, the glimpses we get are sought out by the physical mind, and are very limited as such.
From what I have found is that truth is completely subjective. Even a simple truth like what is up to us is down to someone on the other side of the globe. So, it has been valuable for me to quit seeking absolute truth, as it is bent on the human condition, and be willing to accept subjective truths with the understanding it is purely a personal thing. Even science is based on predictable results, introduce new data, and the truth dissolves. Truth has a times stamp on it. Some day, we won't be in a human experience to witness it in quite the same way.
To work let go of the need to be right, true or just is to experience vulnerability, and that is where the power is. It is where felt presence emerges. While it can't be proven to someone that isn't in a state that can see it, it doesn't mean that you aren't witnessing it. But if you exhibit the state of being that needs to prove, you aren't going to fully witness it.
This in action; with the idea of Karma, I might approach it with; there is no proof that Karma exists. Well, for one, I know tons of people that it exists for, therefore to them when they killed a fly and a hammer hits them the next day; there is nothing you can say that would make them think different. Their mold of the world is based on them believing this to be true. They will defend their created world. I would have a need to prove them wrong or Else i wouldn't have approached it in the first place. Both useful things in knowing oneself, so why would I be bent to change their mind unless I had some kind of doubt within myself and it bothered me. Perhaps they might see it another way someday, but that will be up to them. That is their air they breath.
The great Alan Watts put it like; "Be careful, don't shout at them because they walk a tightrope, they might fall."
With every want, or need, there is always a secret about yourself hiding. To condemn any way that you might see life is to miss that we are condemning our own way of life, now, or in the past.
Abraham hicks manifests money just by sharing ideas. It is up to the people to apply it to where they are in their journey, and to see it through. It doesn't mean they are taken advantage of more than like how you got me to sign up on your forum to reply to your questions for LOA believers.
Thing is, it is the guilt that is underlying all of this, isn't it? That is a definite state of being, and it most likely has everything to do with the 'manifestations" or comings and goings in your life, is it not?
Like I started with, Source doesn't understand bias. Where the confusion here is; is that there is some kind of bad or good that isn't subjective. The 'negative' things are again purely subjective, and hugely relevant to understanding manifestations, and making the subconscious conscious. I can't just tell you to not feel guilty for manipulating people, because it becomes a shortcut to felt perception should you consciously agree with it, and then it becomes "shadow" as in you feel one thing, but think another therefore you are split. Like most of the people that are just begging to believe, or be saved, or to just feel ok with things again.
But we have to start somewhere.
"Belief is nothing more than a thought you choose to keep thinking." Abraham Hicks. A phrase like that can help you free yourself up enough to choose either different beliefs, or even to relish that which you do believe just the same. But ultimately it is what you want that determines what you see, and what you get out of it.
12. As for proof, you will always see what you want to see relevant to what you are exhibiting. I think it is fairly obvious that a ugly woman that thinks she is beautiful and believes it is, and it is really up to the subjective opinions around her as to whether or not they see that. Maybe to her fat cousin that ways 300 more lbs she is skinny in comparison. Maybe to the birth defect baby she might be gorgeous compared to. But again, subjective truths. There is nothing to see here.
Where the power of belief comes into this is; do you eat to cover up emotions you don't want to feel? Do you feel guilty eating? Do you reward yourself with food? How much is enough? Do you feel content with yourself, and the world you live in? You can see a fat body manifestation and just know these are some of the reasons. Yes, even if it is glandular.
You must consider that it is thought first. Even genetics are passed down like patterns of thought, and that if you were to uncover and come to terms with suppressed emotion in your time, you have the ability to let your body function as normal, whereas you could look at disease like resistance. Dis ease. It means that some layer of yourself is not at ease. Vibrationally, doesn't this sound right? That if you aren't at ease then you won't function properly.
Which that is where this started, you have to develop felt perception while interfacing with the current events that are recurring in different physical form to remind you of your state of being. That is why we seemingly get in the same relationship. Or are attracted to the same things and people. We FEEL attracted, and then we act.
This is where seeing past the good/bad thing is essential. To treat sickness as something we wanted on some level may not sell a book. But I have found that it is essential in considering in order to welcome that aspect of ourselves back into our conscious awareness.
You can't just say I am healthy, or I am mozart, and produce what the healthy, or Mozart like aspect of ourselves is capable of. You must know yourself through the valuing of that which is in order to come into alignment with the larger part of our being.
Sure, not many people know LOA to this extent. Sure that people use it to get themselves into sickness, or harmful situations, but you must understand that is part of the process they are choosing to come into their own awareness. No shortcuts, like you were saying. If you can't see the value of it, it is wise to check your own self, rather than seek for the external to prove to you what you already know.
Another thing that Abraham Hicks says is you have to be careful that you are not providing a persons connection to their own source. Soon you become the savior, and their pathway to connect with their own selves. This is the fault of the guru, and a trip all to itself, that if you are fostering dependence, or attachment to this world, or this physical vessel, you are a drug dealer. You are creating a dependency. This is part of why you won't find hard evidence to prove any of this. I can't provide you with yourself. At best I reflect ideas that you might use. But the ideas are tools. Show a person how to think, not what to think. That doesn't mean they won't ask; how do I fly?
Just because ten people see a brown table doesn't mean that it isn't an agreed upon subjective experience. This is one of the problems with science is that you can't remove the observer. We can agree, but there was still a witness.
The titanic, well, this is again what I started with. That you manifest what you think about. Source doesn't understand "Not" or "Un" But that isn't the only thing that contributed to it, it is a subtle influence that can lead to. It can't be measured though, or proven. Not sure if you noticed this, but have you ever noticed something fall that you expressly didnt want to fall? Or things happen that had a 1-5000 chance of happening. People say "It figures" or "Sure enough". Just the slight energy we give toward making something not happen might be the tipping balance for it to happen. But still yet, it isn't the complete story, there is a collective momentum to consider too. If you are doing something you are against, or thinking about something that you are against, even subconsciously, these factors add in.
But this didn't physically create the iceberg, it is not like that. Like you said, that whether you believe you will or not can have an influence.
Expectations again, this is that just because you make up your mind doesn't make it so. If the goal isn't serving your greater wants, it will get pushed aside. Thing is to control your amount of thinking to retain purity. To know yourself to retain purity. If you want to get a car because you can be at ease by having the car, you won't get the car. You have to be at ease with things as they are throughout the process.
Which that brings up another clear definition you are strong about LIMITATIONS. For an eternal being with no beginning or end, where is that limitation? When did you start and when did you end? This is again another comfort thought, like the idea of knowledge that if we have controllable results we can get comfortable in knowing. Therefore I couldn't expect you to approach this like you know nothing. I know that you have parameters to work with. Things you have to tell yourself before you can consider information. If it doesn't meet criteria, you reject it. Thing is, in developing felt perception, it is a transference from knowing consciously to the fluidity of not being so sure, or expecting at a conscious level, in order to get in tune with the subconscious aspect of ourselves that already knows.
What if you could just be ok with things as they are? What if you didn't have to prove? What if you didn't have to feel guilty for the way that things are? What if you no longer wanted or needed anything? These things you might expect to only happen when you die, but I might suggest that you can experience it while you are breathing. That intuitively, you could work your way through life and every second of it being rich in presence, and that would equally keep flowing just as on time as it ever could have been? That which we are seeking comes from doing. It doesn't mean that will necessarily translate to grand riches, and it definitely won't mean that we will be humans forever, but it does mean that there is a bit more to this LOA, and life than everyone might be intuitive enough to experience more than a few times in their lives.
There are people that are very happy with what they do, and make good bank at it. They followed their heart as much as the person that is miserable and finding out that what they did wasn't what they wanted after-all.
You know at some level, and are on a need to know basis. Inquire within. =)
ColubrineDeuce

Previous

Return to Share Interesting Videos and Films