[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
a voice that saved my a** : Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

a voice that saved my a**

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

a voice that saved my a**

Postby brett » 07 Aug 2009, 02:28

hi all - part of my life was spent as a retained ( paid volunteer) fire fighter - well 22+years of it actually - and i have seen a few strange things - had some narrow escapes , but this you may find interesting :

we where attending an hotel fire with other retained crews - the building was empty - as it was undergoing renovation and one wing was well alight - - following one collapse - myself and another firefighter where tasked with cooling debris in the cellars that contained some gas cylinders - we had been there some considerable time , and where located in what was the front entrance hall .

we both clearly heard a voice tell us that the refreshment wagon had arrived and to get a cup of tea , at the time we took little notice of WHO ( or as you will see possibly what ?? ) called to us , noticing only a vague shape that was passing the door ( assumed a firefighter of course ) - well we downed the branch and went in search of a brew - and ended up with a bollocking from a senior officer for leaving our post , as the refreshment wagon had not even LEFT base !! - somewhat annoyed we returned to our former position only to find a heavy cast iron bath ( which we later found out from the owner had been 3 floors up ) sat right where we would have been stood - had it not been for the voice - for sure it would have injured or even killed us !!

perplexed we waited till all crews downed tools for a meal and asked WHO had called to us ?? - all we got where blank looks and mutterings of what the hell are they on about ??- however both of us will swear in any court as to the truth of this incident .

the ""logical " explanation of course is that one of those present on the fire ground DID call to us - but why when the refreshment van was obviously NOT on site ( you could hardly miss the thing ) - and also why did he not speak out when the question was asked ?? - after all again he would have to of held rank to issue such an order as to break off from a task , and whilst I also held rank at that time - it was hardly likely that i would have outranked him - so why not speak up - even if in private later ??

the "illogical " explanation of course was that some entity ?? maybe even a ghostly fire fighter ?? :o - was looking out for us and gave the warning - thinking back now whilst relating this , the person who called to us did not look somehow quite "right " uniform wise - but as i said at the time we did not look to closely - only thinking of a drink after several hours of work

the hotel has no known record of any paranormal activity - or any reported occurrences since ( as far as i know )

any ways make of it what you will - the fact is i am still here to tell the tale and am glad whoever did call to us was around - mortal or otherwise :shock:

can you imagine what the skeptics would make of this one ??? :roll:
brett

Re: a voice that saved my a**

Postby ciscop » 07 Aug 2009, 02:38

well i am a skeptic
and i like your story
quite interesting :)
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby brett » 07 Aug 2009, 03:43

brett

Postby ciscop » 07 Aug 2009, 04:00

yep
im not interested in debunking personal anecdotes
i like them

this one in particular
is quite amazing

have you heard voices again or just that one time?
was it a man´s voice?
do you remember the tone?
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Aug 2009, 05:33

Very cool!
NinjaPuppy

Postby brett » 07 Aug 2009, 12:50

brett

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Aug 2009, 19:34

NinjaPuppy

Postby brett » 07 Aug 2009, 22:38

difficult to describe really - some times its more like an "idea" or a sense that something is wrong - sometimes its more physical , what we used to call an ( please excuse the language ) "ass twitchier" - depends on the situation , your point about mothers is interesting , presumably you have the same sort of "radar " when your kids are standing into danger ?? - and you don't always need to be able to see them to scene it ??

certainly I have a "sixth sense " ( another term for the same thing ) - about people and get that little twinge when dealing with a fake or a wrong un - hummm odd this thread is suddenly branching out into other areas of thought and possibilities , is it all a hang over from our cave men days when i suspect humans had much more developed danger senses that we generally need today - or is it some outside agency ?? -of course the sKeptics would say its all in our mind - probably true , but originating inside or out ?? :?
brett

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Aug 2009, 23:37

NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 08 Aug 2009, 02:21

Wow that's an amazing account. I wonder why this "entity" or "being" that told you that the refreshment van was here, didn't just yell "Danger! Get out!" instead? Why did he have to use deception rather than the truth?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby brett » 08 Aug 2009, 02:55

brett

Postby Scepcop » 08 Aug 2009, 03:08

Maybe the universe works in mysterious ways. Often, truth is not direct and clear cut or upfront, but works in subtle ways that don't make sense to the thinking mind.

I think Lao Tzu, the founder of Taoism, said that ultimate truth can never be revealed to the rational logical mind and cannot be understood that way.

Perhaps this is one of those Zen koans, as to why the spirit saved you from harm this way. Or maybe it has a sense of humor?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby brett » 08 Aug 2009, 03:43

or maybe it was a "demon" who knew we would get a bollocking for leaving our post without "official " permission ?? - ( after all there ARE supposed to be mischievous spirits and even down right evil ones ) - anything is possible ;)

talking of which , i must relate my other fire service tale of the paranormal when i have time - you will love it - and is in part what got me interested in all this stuff ;) ( bit of a long story with a few "coincidences mind you )
brett

Postby Scepcop » 15 Aug 2009, 22:57

Brett, this article about premonitions I just posted might shed some light about what happened to you when you were a firefighter.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=318
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby brett » 15 Aug 2009, 23:35

brett

Next

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences