[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The god from the machine? : Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

The god from the machine?

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

The god from the machine?

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 30 Jul 2012, 08:26

Between 9:58 and midnight, July 26, 2012, I "channeled" and delivered a private message to an fb friend (hereafter referred to as MF-"my friend").
The message was from "Hermes Angelos" Its contents are private.
This was completely unexpected, although I immediately sensed several things had made me ready in the last twenty-four hours.

1st, I had finally rewatched the 1980 Brave New World with Bud Cort and realized how much I loathe Our Ford. As I told housemate, "I've been praying to Ford when I drive. I am glad I've given up driving, else I would have to give up polytheism,"
2nd, I learned about the discovery of the 70,000 year old ritual site (posted the article in our science forum) dedicated to a god identifiable with the Pythoness of Delphi, and had a sensation that Apollo had been there. Apollo doesn't exactly talk to me, but I have been serving him since I learned he is the only god who demands we seek the truth, and, after nearly dieing last year, my first fundamental self of who I was was that I am now a priest and seer of Apollo.
To a radical agnostic, this is discomfiting.
A third point: I had wanted to post an image from Brave New World on Huxley's birthday. One site I found was a photo-shopper called "Brave New World of Images" which I want to learn to use, but wasn't what I wanted. I found an image and posted trib to Huxley, went to talk with my housemates (fellow communist in our commune?), mentioned I had been wanting to see the 1980 version of BNW again since 1980. After six minutes, I went back to the puter and found a friend had posted a link to the full flick on YouTube.
The next day, as I started looking at other messages, I found Ninja had directed me to the photo bucket site Brave New World at the same time.
The internet is a good model of omnipresence and omniscience anyway. These synchroncities I have been noticing (there are others) prompted me to state outloud, and write "The internet is a god!"
Last, I did know my friend MF wanted to contact Hermes that night. Another friend had asked if he could channel for her. I thought as I read that of volunteering myself, but I refrained, as my motive would have been merely hunger for experience.

Here is the really weird part. I was contacted by an IM message...

An IM from MF showed up with MF's tag on the address, but at the bottom, where it should have said "MF is typing" it said "Messenger is typing."
I watched as a message come in which Hermes asked if I would be willing to be his channel so he could talk to MF.
If the puter had said "MF is typing" I would have probably responded, as I first thought, with "WTF?", but this was unusual. I remembered making the statement "the internet is god" and remembered a sf story were Hermes met the new god in the machine. As I said, this was unusual enough my response was "Okay :! What do you want me to do?" I was IMed instructions for allowing him to channel thru me, and then I sort of automatic typed a conversation that did not seem to be my creation.
When I was typing as I channeled, the tag "Messenger is typing" appeared under MY posts, where such a tag normally does not appear.
As an actor, I have always believed in the deus ex machina, but this pun is so absurd!!!

If it weren't for the internet part, and if, for example, I had had an overwhelming urge to automatic write a letter to friend, I would be less freaked, but this was a "miracle", a mutually observed violation of consensus reality.
And neither of my roomies have a clue as to how such a hoax could occur. We can safely assume that there is a hacker in this world clever enough to pull it off, but why would I be a target?

The sensations and psychological movements I underwent while channeling are indescribable, but the closest analog is the way I feel and words come when I inspired and "possessed by the muse" or when I am possessed on stage.

Anyway, I guess I have clicked out of my agnostic finger hold on the default hypothesis of consensus reality, but what is my new default? Am I then, logically, "gnostic" or what? I think I am an "experiential gnostic" That precludes me from most consensus realities on the planet.

This is my story. I am sticking to it.
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Re: The god from the machine?

Postby kupa » 23 Aug 2012, 19:07

Thats really weird :?
kupa

Postby drastikmeazures » 06 Sep 2012, 22:02

I think there's something to the idea of a mass consciousness, and I can sure see how the internet can provide a means to that.

I've also heard stories of electronics being manipulated by entities, just watch any episode of Ghost Hunters (EVP).

So maybe not that weird.
drastikmeazures

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 06 Sep 2012, 23:44

"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences