View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Could Sleep Paralysis Be Caused By Paranormal Entities?

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

Could Sleep Paralysis Be Caused By Paranormal Entities?

Postby VAWT » 17 Apr 2012, 09:19

As the title suggests.

Here's some videos about people suffering and experiencing their form of sleep paralysis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFrGeERu ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv ... 1kW39IcLKA
VAWT

Re: Could Sleep Paralysis Be Caused By Paranormal Entities?

Postby Craig Browning » 17 Apr 2012, 18:54

This is actually something that's been believed for centuries probably; people knowing that they are fully awake but could not move because of some unseen force "I felt as if I were being held down by a demonic entity"

I have to admit that when it comes to this type of phenomena I'm not exactly clear on if or not it's "legit" -- while I do believe that the majority of reported incidents can be tied to this syndrome I also believe that there's a good score of testimonials that go well beyond the rubber-stamp explanation. So yes, I think there are times when some kind of alternative influence brings about such sensations and states of powerlessness. At the same time however, I've woken from far too many dreams in which I was being restrained in the dream and when awake retained that idea and sense of struggle only to recognize, as I became more aware of my surroundings, that I was actually creating the syndrome and "restraining" myself . . . it's amazing what our mind can do to us and just how our misunderstanding or lack of explanation can lead us to buy into the idea that something wicked this way came. . .
Craig Browning

Postby kalinda » 16 Jul 2012, 03:26

I've had some incredibly detailed lucid dreams and other dreams. These dreams had people from my life, fully clothed and acting by rules much like in the movie Inception. I've had those OBE type experiences, in the past triggered by sleep paralysis, where I got up and tried to turn lights on, threw a lamp and it bounced right back to its origin, flew through windows no matter how real it seemed. Those dreams lead me to believe that the mind is indeed a story weaving machine. I can't verify nor disprove the idea of paranormal entities causing the phenomena.

But I've had some awful sleep paralysis too, with the same "type" of person/being. I believe it may be a subconscoius archetype that I had not explored or overcome. I had a vision type dream that helped where I petitioned my spirit guide to battle the "demon" that he called a Tikoloshe. A word I'd only heard from him, therefore furthering my confusion and fear but also getting rid of the nightmares after he said he would battle and attempt to destroy it...he had all the attributes of Xango, an african diety. Including a red skirt, white horse, golden spirals on his arms, muscular, in a jungle, and had some kinda ax over his shoulder...

It's amazing how these myths just travel from unknown realms into the consciousness...maybe written in our genetic code or DNA? Maybe a part of us in some hidden place that can't be reached by human kind...
kalinda

Postby RichardT » 31 Aug 2012, 10:36

Absolutely. I've had these experiences of "awake sleeping" and I don't understand how I could have been able to see the things that I have had I been simply dreaming. The conclusion that I've come to is that these are actual messages being sent to me.

For instance, I can fully see my room with these entities around. But not only that, I notice that these entities are moving physical objects in my room. Now, if this is simply a dream with my eyes open, how would I be able to see objects move? Wouldn't it make more sense for objects within my room to not be able to move? Or if they did move, that the original location of the object would still be visible? Once I wake up, everything is back to normal.
RichardT

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences