View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Is Christianity what Jesus would have wanted?

Discussions Religion and Theology, Scriptures, Bible Debate, etc.

Postby Greatest I am » 19 Apr 2013, 01:40

Most of the Eastern and Western religions preach that we are not to idolize the language, words or icons and documents of their religions. Yet many do including Christianity which idolizes Jesus and the Word of God, a book.

Note that God the Father of the O T is hardly mentioned in churches at all. That will not surprise those of high morals as that God is rather immoral. Jesus is a much better archetype for a God and perhaps that is why he has been allowed to usurp the top position in heaven as the judge of mankind. Only through me says Jesus.

Jesus preached to the poor and advocated that to follow him, people should give up what they own and follow him. I don’t think he actually meant that and only meant to not be greedy and to give liberally to the poor.

As I look around at what the churches and various Christian sects are doing, I see them ignoring this vow of poverty or sharing as they amass as much wealth as they can while allowing starvation to consume many millions yearly. They prefer to build huge monuments and churches to their various sects instead of hospital for the poor for instance. Yes I do recognize that they do some charitable work and I applaud this but that does not negate the greed of the churches or their construction of self-aggrandizing monuments to themselves instead of aggrandizing Jesus.

Do you think Jesus would be proud of the churches that use and abuse his name by their self-aggrandizement and disregard for what he said the church should be?

http://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1T4ADFA ... 4APdiYCYDQ

As in the scene below, I see that the churches have chosen the wealthy cup instead of the one Jesus would have chosen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtcZv89Hspk

If you are in one of these wealthy churches, and you likely are, Jesus will know which cup you chose.

Do you think you will be as shown below upon death?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKOjV-wtpPc

Is your churche serving Jesus well?
If not, why are you supporting it?

Your church can be said to be idol worshipping Jesus or the Word of God.

Do you recognize that to give an unchanging form, theology or philosophy to either Jesus or the Word of God, you are idol worshipping?

In the broader sense, do you think Christianity is what Jesus would have wanted?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Re: Is Christianity what Jesus would have wanted?

Postby Arouet » 19 Apr 2013, 01:55

The internet may be big but its a small world!

Hey GIA- notice you were banned from 2+2? how've you been?
Arouet

Re: Is Christianity what Jesus would have wanted?

Postby Greatest I am » 19 Apr 2013, 02:12

Quite a while ago and I am good thanks.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Return to Religion / Theology