[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
I'm looking for somebody to help me with something. : Introduce Yourself • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

I'm looking for somebody to help me with something.

Introduce yourself here!

I'm looking for somebody to help me with something.

Postby ChristinaV23 » 09 Jan 2013, 01:07

Ok, so, since I was about fifteen, I've noticed some weird things about myself. I came here for help figuring out exactly what it is because maybe somebody will believe me. I don't know how else to do this, so I'm gonna just jump in. I think the first time anything happened to me was when I was walking downtown. I got a strong urge, almost like a push, to go a certain direction, and then a name of a boy I had been talking to popped into my head. A minute later, I run into that said person. That's happened to me multiple times since. Another thing that weirds me out sometimes is I'll be looking at a persons' profile, on say, Facebook, and I don't know these people, never met or seen these people before, and I get a smell when I look at their pictures. It's always different, as in different people, different smells. Also, a name will sometimes randomly pop into my head, and the phone will ring and it'll be that person calling, or I'll run into that person somewhere that day or the next. The last thing I've recently noticed is a connection with my ex. It's a very odd phenomenon that I can't quite put into words, but here's my attempt. I think this happens when he thinks about me. Like, his name will pop into my head, and I'll see a part of the place that we were living in together. I dunno. It goes a bit deeper than that, but I can't explain it any better. I can't explain any of this stuff, really. I'm just looking for some answers. :P
ChristinaV23

Re: I'm looking for somebody to help me with something.

Postby Arouet » 09 Jan 2013, 02:03

Arouet

Postby ChristinaV23 » 09 Jan 2013, 02:25

I'm definatly going to try that out. Thank you.
ChristinaV23

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jan 2013, 05:24

Welcome!
It sounds like you've got some 'insight' happening here. I agree with Arouet that keeping track of your hits and misses as a start. I have not read anything by Sheldrake but I'll be adding his name to my reading list.
NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 10 Jan 2013, 09:09

SydneyPSIder

Postby really? » 08 Feb 2013, 04:28

I would rule out confirmation bias and cognitive bias first.
The association of seeing a photo and smell may indicate you are a synesthete.
really?

Postby GEC » 20 Oct 2016, 17:10

Helps you understand the world we live in. Education is what you need if you want an answer to your ‘whats’ and ‘hows’ and ‘wheres’. It helps you understand the world you live in. You get to know more about your surroundings as well as the whole world through subjects like history, geography, science etc.
GEC

Return to Introduce Yourself