View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Gauquelin and CSICOP

Discussions about Metaphysics, Quantum Physics, the Holographic Universe and the Nature of Reality.

Gauquelin and CSICOP

Postby antiskeptic » 28 May 2009, 14:47

Here's a lengthy article that was written by Dennis Rawlins in Fate magazine back in 1981 about the Gauquelin astrology tests and later coverup by CSICOP back in the late 1970s. I don't know if all of the charges are true, but I thought it was a very interesting read. It's always fun to see your enemies going at each other's throats:

http://cura.free.fr/xv/14starbb.html
No one knows how old the human race is exactly, but we can all agree that we should be old enough to know better.
antiskeptic

Re: Gauquelin and CSICOP

Postby Scepcop » 29 May 2009, 08:35

Yeah that's the starbaby article. It's very lengthy.

I've always felt there was something to astrology. Its description of my sun and moon sign are too accurate. And I've noticed that most girls I've met in my travels tend to be Aries, perhaps half. That's too eerie to be a coincidence.

Plus I tend to have kindred spirits with Cancers and Geminis. I can even recognize some Cancers before they tell me their sign. I've been right a lot of times too.

No skeptic can explain that away.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Return to Metaphysics / Quantum Physics / Nature of Reality