[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
BIG FOOT : Unexplained Creatures / Cryptozoology • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

BIG FOOT

Discussions about Unexplained Creatures and Cryptozoology. E.g. Bigfoot, The Lochness Monster, The Jersey Devil, etc.

BIG FOOT

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Feb 2010, 02:48

It seems that the JREF forums have decided that there is too much chatter about Big Foot over there. Perhaps some of the Big Foot people might want to discuss his existence/non-existence here?

I've personally never seen one and I'm not too convinced with what little information there is available about him/her (it?) that one does exists. Yet I'm open to the idea that it is possible.

There are plenty of obscure creatures out there rarely seen by man, so who's to say there isn't some big, furry, Big Foot roaming around in the wilderness?
NinjaPuppy

Re: BIG FOOT

Postby ProfWag » 06 Feb 2010, 02:55

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Feb 2010, 03:06

We need a Big Foot trap! However, there are none in my neck of the woods so it's up to you ProfWag. Get building.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 06 Feb 2010, 03:19

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Feb 2010, 03:25

You better tell BillyBob that Big Foot ain't gonna fall for that thing. I'd bet that even deer would run in the opposite direction at the sight of that dadburn contraption.

OMG! I stand corrected. It seems there is proof that the trap works.

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Feb 2010, 03:26

Now I see from that picture that Big Foot was active in July 2009. We have plenty of time to build a better trap.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 06 Feb 2010, 03:33

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Feb 2010, 03:36

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Feb 2010, 03:40

A Galopagos tortoise can live for 193 years. A turkey buzzard - 118 years. Heck, a carp can live 100 years. Not that any of them are mammals but people can go 100+ years.
NinjaPuppy

Postby The Warrigal » 06 Feb 2010, 07:57

As an Aussie I know SFA about Bigfoot.

However, our American cousins might be interested to hear that Australia has it's own version of the Bigfoot legend.

(We call them "Yowies" here BTW).

The area in which I live is rife with Yowie lore, yet despite trekking deeper into National Parks land and hunting al manner of legal game in the "open" districts for more than twenty years, I have never even come by so much as a track to indicate the exitence of such an animal, even though I have have heard many a plausible anecdote.

I do, however, live in an area of New South Wales, which due to it's highly inhospitable terrain, remains, to this day, largely unexplored.

It is almost certain that this region contains huge valleys, gorges, etc, so inaccessable even with the best of modern technology that no "White Fella" has ever searched them, and highly questionable that any "Black Fella" ever laid eyes on them either!

Therefore, I cannot say wether these animals exist or not.

Nothing short of a specimen, either living or recently dead would persuade me that this species exists and is sufficiently rare, as to justify the strongest legislation to protect it from extinction.

At risk of dragging this thread off topic, I can't for the life of me, understand what is "cryptic" about zoology or botany.

Nor can I grasp why these topics are deemed "paranormal."

Am I alone in this matter?
The Warrigal

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Feb 2010, 10:35

They're all over the place. Big Foot, yetti, yowie, you name it. I Googled up Big Foot and was actually amazed at how little there was. I would think that there would be a ton of blurry pics of black bears, rocks, etc. but not even that.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 06 Feb 2010, 20:25

Bottome line is I think people just like a good Urban Legend.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Feb 2010, 06:23

I come from the land of the Jersey Devil. He seems to have been reduced to a tourist thing. Not much ever said about him any more.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 07 Feb 2010, 20:32

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Feb 2010, 00:21

Union City might as well be a different continent from where the Jersey Devil was born. ;)
NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to Unexplained Creatures / Cryptozoology