View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Recommend the kids book Sasquatch

Discussions about Unexplained Creatures and Cryptozoology. E.g. Bigfoot, The Lochness Monster, The Jersey Devil, etc.

Recommend the kids book Sasquatch

Postby Nostradamus » 17 Nov 2009, 09:01

Been reading the book with my son. It has bigfoot, DB Cooper, aliens, and a volcano all wrapped up in a single book. What more could you ask for? Haven't gotten to the end so there may be more fun in the book.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Re: Recommend the kids book Sasquatch

Postby ciscop » 18 Nov 2009, 05:55

how old is your kid?

db cooper was aweeeeeeeeeesome
i hope he actually survived the skydive
its such a great story
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Re: Recommend the kids book Sasquatch

Postby Nostradamus » 18 Nov 2009, 13:53

My son is 8 and in 2nd grade. He's an awesome reader. He reads above 6th grade material. He finished this book on his own. I had to read the end myself.

The DB Cooper character in the book jumps out of the plane and lands bad breaking his hip. He is rescued by a Sasquatch and taken to a cabin where he mends. The reason for the hijack was to raise money for a dying son. But while recuperating the son dies and so the hijacker ends up with cash he does not want hanging out with bigfoot on Mt St Helen.

A fun movie I saw this summer was Mil Masquaras vs the Aztec King. It has Mexican wrestler Mil Masquaras as a Renaissance Man helping the US military and the president vanquish a revived Aztec king and his zombie army.

Examples of the dialogue in this film:
"How did you get into professional wrestling?"
"I started out as an astrophysicist, but I was looking for something more meaningful in my life."

"I'm looking forward to reading your new article published in the peer reviewed wrestling journal."

"Mil Masquaras we only have a few hours to save the world. Are you ready?"
"Yes I am Mr President, but first I have to take some publicity photos."
"Of course, I understand."

I saw the movie in a theater packed with grad students. It was hard to hear the film due to the laughter.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Return to Unexplained Creatures / Cryptozoology