[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Congrats to Wiccans : Religion / Theology • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Congrats to Wiccans

Discussions Religion and Theology, Scriptures, Bible Debate, etc.

Congrats to Wiccans

Postby ProfWag » 02 Feb 2010, 19:14

I big hearty congratulations to the Wiccans who have just been officially allowed by the Air Force Academy to open a circle of worship on their base right alongside the Christians, Jewish, and Bhuddists. A great step forward for equality.
Being an Air Force man, I'm particularly proud...
ProfWag

Re: Congrats to Wiccans

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Feb 2010, 20:15

Wicca was recognized by the US military many years ago. http://www.religioustolerance.org/wic_usbk.htm

In the wiccan community, this was considered quite a coup.

Years ago I spoke with a funeral director who told me that finding a person to do a proper funeral service for anyone of the Wiccan faith was impossible. I put her in touch with a local woman who owned a new age/wiccan business. Seems that most wiccans are solitary practicioners and not associated with a local coven.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 02 Feb 2010, 21:47

Yes, I remember when they got recognized. I even made up a dog tag for a wiccan once which was quite exciting for me. (It's the little things...)
I just thought it was neat they got a church on a base.
ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 03 Feb 2010, 10:43

Congratulations to Wiccans!!

:D

i love it !!
there´s something about the accesories they use.. is just sexy
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Feb 2010, 20:42

NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 04 Feb 2010, 06:23

as long as they dont wear brown belts with black shoes they are all right
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Feb 2010, 06:38

Real Wiccans don't wear clothes. They go 'skyclad'. :D
NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 04 Feb 2010, 07:55

by the way
i just heard about this on Howard Stern
and he has the best take i heard

¨if they are fighting for our country, give them whatever they want¨

(not exact phrase but something on those lines)
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 04 Feb 2010, 07:59

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Feb 2010, 21:42

You can bet the ranch on that one. :D
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 04 Feb 2010, 21:48

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Feb 2010, 22:13

The 'skyclad' thing is optional in most covens. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyclad_(Neopaganism)

I've heard that Gerald Gardner (better known as 'the father of wicca') was somewhat an old letch who liked the idea of the ladies in his coven prancing around nude. Who knows? Either way, it's not a mandatory rule and can make finding a suitable public location difficult.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 04 Feb 2010, 23:12

Not to stray too far off topic, but personally, I'm a huge proponent of the "au' naturel" look. Europe has no hangups whatsover with it and it never seemed to hurt their culture. And, I must add, my wife and I were frequent participants. (block out the visual if you can...)
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 05 Feb 2010, 00:46

I'm yet to come across much information of historical mentions of 'nekkid' people in my research, other than "National Geographic" of course. It's interesting how different cultures have influenced fashion or lack of it over the centuries.
NinjaPuppy

Return to Religion / Theology