[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ancient and Not So Ancient Burial Practices : Ancient Mysteries and Places / Forbidden Archaeology - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Ancient and Not So Ancient Burial Practices

Discuss Ancient Mysteries and Places - Atlantis, The Pyramids, Stonehenge, etc. Also Forbidden Archaeology.

Re: Ancient and Not So Ancient Burial Practices

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 Jan 2010, 04:33

Yup, take plenty of pics. As far as I know, Voodoo burial practices are pretty much the same as any. Bury being the keyword. In New Orleans those of the Voodoo faith are above ground due to the water table.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 22 Jan 2010, 05:27

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 Jan 2010, 05:39

I'm sort of a cemetary fan myself. I spent some time at the one attached to St. John the Baptist Cathedral in Savannah and I am looking forward to seeing another in Savannah soon. I forget the name of that one but I was told it's very nice and has a great history.

I also love the out of the way collection of headstone types that you find while traveling. When I lived in NJ, I would walk some of the old Revolutionary war battlefield gravesites.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 Jan 2010, 05:43

I am a sucker for any historical marker along a roadside. I recall as a kid wanting to see Molly Pitcher's well. I finally convinced my parents to take a ride there one day. http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM6M ... reehold_NJ

My mom never quite understood my facination with gravesites and historical markers.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 22 Jan 2010, 06:06

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 Jan 2010, 07:05

40 plus years ago it was hard to find female role models in history books. Aside from Betsey Ross, Joan of Arc and a few other women, they were few and far between. Molly Pitcher was a local by my standards.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 28 Feb 2010, 12:12

The graveyards of New Orleans and the surrounding area are interesting because bodies put into the ground 'float' to the top.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Ellie » 18 Aug 2010, 20:22

Ok, so this is an old thread, but i'm interested ;)

Can I ask why you (Profwag) think they are funerary features? Was there any human remains or anything?

I notice that this thread was brought over from somewhere else so apologies if i'm asking about something which had bee covered already.
Ellie

Postby ProfWag » 18 Aug 2010, 21:24

ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 19 Aug 2010, 00:58

Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 19 Aug 2010, 01:49

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Aug 2010, 23:43