[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Video: Michael Shermer debunked by Astrologer on his show! : Share Interesting Videos and Films • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Video: Michael Shermer debunked by Astrologer on his show!

Share or recommend interesting films and videos about paranormal phenomena, awakening topics, skepticism, spirituality, metaphysics, science, conspiracies, etc.

Video: Michael Shermer debunked by Astrologer on his show!

Postby Scepcop » 16 May 2009, 12:53

Michael Shermer debunked by Astrologer on his own show!

I've always known that there was something to astrology, even though it's scientifically impossible by conventional laws of physics.

I've always had a kindred spirit and comfort zone with Cancers, for instance, that I didn't have with other signs. This was proven time and time again. In fact, there have been several occasions where I knew a person I just met was a Cancer even though they NEVER told me their birthdate or sign! I swear it.

Also, during my years of traveling, I find that an unusually high percentage of females I meet tend to be Aries. I'm talking a much higher percentage than a chance rate of 1 out of 12. Perhaps Aries signs are the most likely to talk to strangers? I don't know, but there's no denying that I meet them the most often.

Therefore, the skeptics like James Randi and John Stossel of ABC who claim that Astrology is all about general claims that apply to anyone is WRONG in my view and reflect total IGNORANCE of Astrology on their part.

No system, even a metaphysical one, is perfect or infallible. But Astrology definitely does get SPECIFICS about a person right that chance or educated guesses do not. And I'm talking about specifics that do not apply to anyone.

It gets even more accurate when you use Indian Vedic Astrology or Chinese Purple Heart Astrology, which is based on I Ching principles. Readings from those systems have even pinpointed specific years when certain things would happen in my life which came true, as well as specific addiction and talents that I possess, which do NOT apply to most people.

Simply put, the skeptics are wrong. What they say, even though it's scientific, goes against my firsthand experience. And it's unfortunate that they are too closed minded to admit that there are forces in the multi-dimensional universe that they don't understand.

This video is a great example of that too.

To view my treatise debunking almost every argument of paranormal skeptics and debunkers, see:

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Contents.htm

Thanks,
Winston
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Skeptic Michael Shermer scores amazing HIT in remote viewing

Postby Scepcop » 18 May 2009, 04:04

Folks,
You gotta see this one. Oh the irony!

On his own TV program, Skeptic and Paranormal debunker Michael Shermer takes part in a remote viewing class, where he actually scores an amazing hit! The target in the hidden envelope was a picture of Stonehenge. Shermer drew a cluster of objects in a circular pattern, which resembled Stonehenge. Even he was momentarily amazed. What's even more incredible is that another guy in the class actually wrote the word "Stonehenge" on his paper while trying to remote view the target!

Shermer, though he acknowledges that this things happened, quickly forgets them.

Then he goes on to attempt his own experiment with the class. Two of the best remote viewers were chosen. They ended up getting some hits. Shermer's target was a picture of galaxies taken by the hubble space telescope. One viewer drew something similar to a galaxy. The other drew something that looked like the Hubble Space Telescope!

Shermer, not knowing what to conclude, said his experiment was inconclusive and that the whole thing was subjective.

When Shermer himself got the amazing hit, perhaps the universe was trying to tell him something?

Anyhow this really makes my day! A Skeptic scores a big hit on a remote viewing experiment?! HAHAHA!

Here is the video:

Part 1:

Part 2:
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Video: Astrologer debunks skeptic Michael Shermer!

Postby antiskeptic » 27 May 2009, 10:44

I don't know if I think that the hit was quite as amazing as you do, but I was much more offended when Shermer accused the one guy of being a "plant" just because the guy wrote the word Stonehenge. Shermer did not have the slightest bit of evidence to back up such a claim, other than his belief that if someone scores well on a paranormal test he must be a fraud. (which should not count as nearly good evidence) Such comments are slanderous and it is important to try our best to punish these skeptics who act this way. This is exactly why SCEPCOP needs to exist.
No one knows how old the human race is exactly, but we can all agree that we should be old enough to know better.
antiskeptic

Re: Video: Astrologer debunks skeptic Michael Shermer!

Postby Scepcop » 27 May 2009, 18:56

Exactly antiskeptic. These skeptics have an a priori belief that the paranormal is impossible, just like Christian Fundamentalists have an a priori belief that the Bible is the word of God and is infallible. So their mission is to debunk paranormal phenomena, not find the truth about it. They need to make that clear. I should add that to the home page intro letter.

If you have any articles to submit, let me know.

Great to have you here!

BTW, I think Shermer's hit was amazing cause the universe was trying to tell him something, though he ignored it.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Video: Michael Shermer debunked by Astrologer on his sho

Postby KimberlyHardacre » 05 Aug 2012, 17:05

I`m pretty much sure that our way of thinking and acting is based on astrology, our signs...but only in a small percentage, the rest is based on upbringing, entourage etc...
KimberlyHardacre

Return to Share Interesting Videos and Films