[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Stonehenge Origins : Ancient Mysteries and Places / Forbidden Archaeology - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Stonehenge Origins

Discuss Ancient Mysteries and Places - Atlantis, The Pyramids, Stonehenge, etc. Also Forbidden Archaeology.

Re: Stonehenge Origins

Postby ProfWag » 12 Dec 2009, 01:28

ProfWag

Postby Raistlin » 14 Dec 2009, 18:52

Hi, I refered to Avebury before and the book Thoth: Architect of the Universe What I found was that apparently Avebury is a diagram of the Earth. The top half representng Stonehenge and the North, a line (the equator) separating North and South. Now what we find in the bottom section is a ring of stones in roughly a pattern of the letter 'D'. This is meant to correspond with the Sandwich Islands of the southern hemisphere. If we accept this argument then it is clear evidence of an advanced sea faring culture (at least) who wanted to leave a strong message they were there.

You should seriously google Gilgal Refaim, it may be nothing but it is strange to have a megalithic site so near Ararat and Jerusalem. There is also some link with the biblical Joseph and Rolling Stones. I always wondered where Dylan got his inspiration perhaps this is the answer.
Raistlin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 Dec 2009, 19:06

I took your advice and did in fact google "Gilgal Refaim". As I was reading down the page I found this: After the civilization who built the site grew and evolved, it seems to have lost its importance, and had little use beside a military observation post, or a pen for livestock.

I found that to be rather interesting with my previous comment about a pen for livestock. At least my thoughts have a bit of possibility to them.

[edit] I forgot to put a link to prove the above quote. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rujm_el-Hiri
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 14 Dec 2009, 21:56

NinjaPuppy, rocks under the surface tend to have an origin due to the local geology. One of the ways that surface rocks can be substantially different from the local geology is that they are brought in by glaciers. Such rocks are called erratics and are common in some places. Erratics can be moved hundreds of miles. The origins of the rocks can be determined by analysis of the minerals in the rocks.

The rock with the pockets in it appears to be a conglomerate, i.e. a rock with embedded pebbles. It looks like 2 of the rocks have fallen out or removed when the rock was quarried (term also used with natural processes). There are also small circular marks on the rock that imply underlying pebbles or rocks.

These rocks didn't look carved to me. The face on the rock looks no better than New Hampshire's Old Man of Mtn or many other natural features that have a human appearance. (We'll overlook the French translation of Grand Teton.)

PS You might be able to schedule your trip to Crazy Horse during a blasting session.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 14 Dec 2009, 22:05

To show you how well the mind can match things up I offer the photo above.This is a photo of a person with El Cap in Yosemite in the background. The wall (big cliff) shown above the person is called the North AMerican wall for a very good reason. The black mark on the cliff looks like North America. There is even a Baja peninsula, Mexico, Central America, and South America.

I didn't spend a lot of time looking for better photos, but if you were there you'd be amazed at the details of the map on the cliff.

Does this mean that the shape of the intruding dike was manipulated to form a map? No. It's just that people are quick to see patterns that may not be important.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 14 Dec 2009, 22:12

I would also point out that these types of rock formations are common and are not indicative of giants or human sculpting:

Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 14 Dec 2009, 22:33

Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 Dec 2009, 23:00

I don't see NA on the rock in that photo. I do see some great pecs however ;)
NinjaPuppy

Postby Raistlin » 26 Dec 2009, 22:30

Construction of both is estimated at 3,000bce. 5,000 years is a long time, both would have taken a huge co-ordinated effort and some advanced technology in terms of levees, pullys, etc. The most startling comparison is that they have links with UFO's. Stonehenge being in Wiltshire, hot spot for crop circle activity and Gilgal being near Mt Hermon, the biblical landing sight of the Elohim. Apparently, it is on the same lattitude as Roswell.
From Abovetopsecret.com
"Mount Hermon in Phoenicia, the first location of extraterrestrial influence with man, lies precisely at 33.33° north 33.33° east ... 2,012 miles from the equator and 2,012 miles from the prime meridian.
The sacred number 33 multiplied by PI, just happens to produce the location where a flying saucer crashed landed in 1947. "

For detailed discussion see
http://www.illuminati-news.com/occult-roswell.htm
Raistlin

Postby Nostradamus » 27 Dec 2009, 13:28

The longitude numbers are arbitrary since the the 0 position is chosen by man. The choice is at Greenwich England. The claims of equal distance are nonsense. The distance between meridians changes as you move away from the equator.

Further checking indicates that Hount Hermon is not precisely at the latitude and longitude that has been mentioned. Seems that the values that were given in the link were fudged. Crop circles appear to be nothing more than man-made hoaxes.

See Mount Hermon for the location:

Finally, multiply 33 by pi is a unitless value. The product given the unit of degrees does not match Rosell NM.
Nostradamus

Postby Ellie » 17 Aug 2010, 22:17

Ok everyone calm down here a minute - not that all these ideas aren't interesting. But, well i'm an archaeologist. And I can tell you there are absolutely no faces carved on those stone. I can also tell you that there are megalithic sites like this all over Europe, Britain and Ireland. (Check these ones out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callanish_Stones http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_of_Brodgar two nice Scottish ones for you). They are the quintessential element of Bronze Age architecture.

As for the stones themselves, well they came from Wales. It's a fair distance away. But people make the mistake of thinking that people were somehow primitive or untechnological in the past. This is not the case. In fact all it really takes is a bit of hierarchy and some man-power - there was plenty of that in the bronze age. So it's not a great mystery. Hard work, yes. But not unexplained.

The positioning of circles in the landscape is likely to do with visibility to and from, and a clear view of the sky - we do very fun landscape studies which allow us to simulate the archaeolandscape and 'fly through' and play with viewsheds and what not. Not sure about the Glacial aspect, but then if you've been to the British Isles you'll see they are very much up and down - anything glaciated is lower and flatter. Area's like that are also associated with water at this period in time due to the very different and more temperate climate.

The stones do have a rather impressive strong cosmological aspect which is undisputed. But why not? Do you have a clock or a calendar? Bronze Age people needed to keep track of the time too.

In a more generalised point, beware of popularised accounts of archaeology. Often they are guff. Still, the public interest keeps us in a job. But there's a funny archaeology cartoon which unfortunately I can't find a link to... It shows two blokes (Iron Age to be precise) chatting to each other. One says to the other "that brooch you have on, with the intricate metalwork and enamel design depicting a boar eating a snake...what does it MEAN?". And the other bloke says "I dunno, but it holds my trousers up" :D
Ellie

Postby really? » 27 Aug 2010, 11:36

really?

Previous

Return to Ancient Mysteries and Places / Forbidden Archaeology