[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Stonehenge Origins : Ancient Mysteries and Places / Forbidden Archaeology • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Stonehenge Origins

Discuss Ancient Mysteries and Places - Atlantis, The Pyramids, Stonehenge, etc. Also Forbidden Archaeology.

Stonehenge Origins

Postby Raistlin » 11 Dec 2009, 01:35

Hi,
I saw a Stonehenge documentary with Tony Robinson (aka Baldrick) last week. The most remarkable thing about it was that apparently before the stones were erected it was already a ritual site as there was a naturally formed path, caused by glacial erosion or something that left stripes in chalk leading up the hill to the point where the solstice would have been visible at midsummer. So, the Stones were placed there to mark a naturally occurring phenomenon and vortex of energy.

Lots of interesting things about the area in general. Anyone read Thoth:architect of the Universe and Raiph Ellisons views on Avebury. It's one of many I have yet to get around to.

I have a theory that it may be able to act as a Stargate or Wormhole due to it's position as ameeting point of ley lines. Compare Stonehenge to Gilgal Refaim and we may have a clue as to what actually happened at the crucifixion or is that going too far.

Last point I promise, the program claimed the site was in the possession of the Cymri Tribe of Wales and this is why the blue stones were collected, so to remind them of their heritage. I am no expert on any of this, just an enthusiastic researcher but has anyone got any idea of where this Cymri tribe really came from. I've heard rumours they were the Gommorians originally but when were they in circulation.

Don't wanna twist your melons just have so much blurred information I'm trying to get clarification on.
Raistlin

Re: Stonehenge Origins

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 03:36

I've been to Stonehenge. It's quite a sight.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 05:23

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 11 Dec 2009, 05:26

Raistlin,
Did the documentary go into any of the other megolithic stone circles located throughout the UK? Did they all have evidence of glacier erosion or just Stonehenge?
Wag
ProfWag

Postby Nostradamus » 11 Dec 2009, 10:33

A few years back Natl Geo ran an article on stone henge and other sites. Here are some nice photos of the place:
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby ProfWag » 11 Dec 2009, 20:11

Stonehenge is a pretty cool and awe inspiring place. For me, here in the States, I get a similar feeling when I visit Mt. Rushmore. Everyone's different, but there's just something about those two places that amazes me. Of course, my "vortex" guide in Sedona told me that if I didn't experience a vortex in Sedona then I probably did somewhere else so those places must be my "vortex." Or something like that... :-)
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 21:15

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 11 Dec 2009, 21:43

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 22:18

I am yet to visit Mt. Rushmore. Two years ago, my mom called and said that she wanted to take a trip to see the Crazy Horse Memorial and revisit Mt. Rushmore, so we booked a two weeks trip to the Black Hills and surrounding areas. We had to cancel as mom required emergency surgery prior to the date. We never got there but it's still high on my list.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 22:46

OK, so back to merry old England and Stonehenge. Sorry for the side trip to the Western, US and Mexico that I got ProfWag into. At my age, my mind tends to wander uphill, both ways, with no boots.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 11 Dec 2009, 23:25

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 23:58

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Dec 2009, 00:24

I have a hypothesis. Well, more like a thought actually. Skeptics can feel free to rip it apart as necessary.

So far the theory is that Avebury is a mystery, man made, has sort of religious significance, etc. I'm looking at pics of Avebury and I'm wondering if these stones got where they did from some sort of natural earthly occurance rather than some ancient civilization pulling off some major laws of physics or for that fact, myth.

There's lots of things on this planet that you can find only in one spot or maybe a handful of places and who knows how many rocks like this might be burried below the earth's surface that we can't see? Is it so hard to think that Avebury might have been a village at one time, where the people used simple carving techniques on perhaps broke up one large stone or two into what we see today and set them upright to serve as a barrier against invasion or to keep in goats? All you need to do with the one circle is fill it in with tree trunks using the stones for posts and you have a perfect corral for livestock.

Like I said, it's just a thought.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 12 Dec 2009, 00:38

I can definitely see how one would think that first one was a face! Though if it is, they weren't very good at what they did.
'Course, then again, I saw Jimmy Stewart on my grilled cheese sammich last night.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Dec 2009, 01:26

NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to Ancient Mysteries and Places / Forbidden Archaeology