[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Why are new members not posting? : General Discussions - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Why are new members not posting?

Discuss General Topics.

Re: Why are new members not posting?

Postby Killtown » 10 Dec 2009, 12:51

Killtown

Postby Nostradamus » 10 Dec 2009, 13:09

Only idiots believe in the hologram theory
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Killtown » 10 Dec 2009, 13:10

Killtown

Postby Nostradamus » 10 Dec 2009, 13:14

It's time for the moderators to get rid of the vermin.

The name is Ace the rock and roll do-do.
Last edited by Nostradamus on 11 Dec 2009, 04:46, edited 1 time in total.
Nostradamus

Postby Killtown » 10 Dec 2009, 13:17

Killtown

Postby Nostradamus » 10 Dec 2009, 13:26

Pointless.
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 10 Dec 2009, 14:36

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Dec 2009, 21:08

I now see first hand that the CT topics do tend to shake things up a bit around here. :cry:

Alllllrighty thennnnn. First things first...

Hi Killtown and welcome!

Nostradamus - Please don't poke the CTers.

Ciscop - Oh Ciscop..... what can I say to you???? I'm sure that your 'Special Fred' video (which I removed) was not intended to upset. However, it did. While I realize that you have a sense of humor. However, videos that make fun of handicapped children tends to be a sore spot with me. I really don't care to go into some rant about this at 7:30 in the morning but what the heck! I will. So start reading and take your time so as not to find yourself on the short end of a ban.

The topic here is "Why are new members not posting?" Well.... we get a new poster, he joins in the convo by asking a civil question from a previous comment and he's met with a bit of aprehension and distrust. Granted this situation may have some previous background that I am not aware of but it's shades of what happened to ProfessorX when he joined and some members thought he was someone else. Can we all please give new people enough rope to hang themselves before we make assumptions?

Now for that video.... I'm sure that a larger portion of humanity would find it amusing (the music was cute but the lyrics sucked) due to never having to have much contact with a handicapped child other than pointing and hopefully laughing quitely to themselves about some of the things they do. I however, happen to have one of those 'Special Freds' as well as get the pleasure to meet many wonderful children with special needs.

I hate to tell you this Ciscop but CTers are not "Special Freds". Not even close. Just because someone has an opinion on a subject that you don't agree with (for any reason) is not a cue for you to start with 'retarded' references. If you care to find out the difference, feel free to PM me and I'll be glad to give you plenty of personal insight as to the actual differences.

May I also point out that Killtown asked a perfectly civil question but instead of an answer, he got ridiculed. I can never remember all of SCEPCOPs treatise or arguments but if any of you listened to his radio talk last night, you will certainly see the irony come to life in this topic.
NinjaPuppy

Postby jakesteele » 11 Dec 2009, 02:55

Debunkers think all UFO photos are fake,
especially the real ones.
jakesteele

Postby RarelyImpressed » 11 Dec 2009, 03:00

I posted a few times here, but I don't get many replies in my topics....then again maybe none of my topics are that interesting. As for "conspiracy theorists" I think some people don't even know the true definition of that word. Second there is not overwhelming evidence against conspiracy theories not all of them. I would say the evidence tips in favor of "conspiracy theories" not all of them. I certainly don't believe in the hologram theory at all find it ridiculous. I do think something fishy happened that day, but I can't put my finger on it. It seems many of you "skeptics" who IMO hijacked the word....are coincidence theorists. Everything is a coincidence and blown out of proportion....that stance lacks critical thinking IMO. Take the middle path, be a truth seeker not a dogmatic coincidence theorist.
RarelyImpressed

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 03:50

Thank you both Rarely Impressed and Jakesteele.

Glad to see you both back here and I do hope that you will consider sticking around or at least give it another go.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 11 Dec 2009, 04:59

ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 11 Dec 2009, 13:43

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 11 Dec 2009, 13:48

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 11 Dec 2009, 20:05

ProfWag

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions