[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Programming Crystals : Science / Alternative Science / Suppressed Research - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Programming Crystals

Discuss Science, Alternative Science and Suppressed Research.

Re: Programming Crystals

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Dec 2009, 01:14

There is decent money to be made in crystals. That's why I was digging in one of the mines in Arkansas. Many specimens come from places such as Mexico which has a number of amazing mineral sites.

I ended up with an interesting collection of smokey quartz crystals. While I was washing down some of the specimens I came across a jack straw piece. That's where the crystals are attached in a jumble. Anyways I traded it for a pile of smokies. The collector had gone to Sedona to unload them. The first shop took a look at the crystals, jumped back in horror, and declared the crystals extraordinarily dangerous. He ran to the phone and started telling other shops someone was trying to unload crystals with too much power that could make a person's head explode. So I traded in 1 jack straw unseen - it was encased in red Arkansas mud - for a pile of huge smokey quartz crystals.

And yes I did sell some without any heads exploding as far as I know. The rest are in my house.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Dec 2009, 01:16

NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Dec 2009, 01:21

What part of the country do you line in NinjaPuppy?

Not all mines are down and dirty. Some are quite clean. Others are a mess.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Dec 2009, 02:07

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Dec 2009, 02:10

Nostradamus - I am in the South on the east coast. There are many mines about 4 hours away from me in western Georgia. I have been researching out different areas as possibilities. If you have any recommendations, I'd love to hear them.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Dec 2009, 02:22

There are mines allover the place. What you need to be wary of is mines that have been enriched for your mining pleasure. That statement basically tells you that what you find in more than likely from another continent. What you hear goes something like this:

I went to this mine and bought 5 buckets. In one of them was a beautiful piece of amethyst. The person at the mine told me that I could have it cut into a nice stone and pick it up the next day. Here it is mounted on a necklace.

What actually happened was that a piece of amethyst from Brazil was dropped into a bucket. The person found that chunk of rock. The person was told to come by the next day. An already cut piece from India was handed to them the next day. The original piece went into another bucket.

This is fairly common.

One of the best ways to find a mine is to join the local rock club. See if they have field trips. You may need to get a hard hat to go into the mines. Boots are almost always required. Typical field trips to mines require some tools. Mines can be hard rock, digging and sifting, or sluicing. Many mines open field trips to clubs and will not open their property to individuals.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Dec 2009, 03:13

Now I have no idea of what New Agers might say as I use a Wiccan approach to these sort of things. I don't have a clue as to what any other groups out there might use crystals for, or what they believe.

The crystals are rocks. Crystals are believed to have certain 'powers' to them. Who decided this, I don't know. I don't bother too much with that end of the equation. If I find something that seems to fit the bill from say a book that has a decent explanation, I'll bite.

It's not just the crystal, it's the 'intent' or magick that's put into the crystal that makes it work. Wiccan 'magick' can be very much like prayer. It's not waving some magic wand and saying some Jack & Jill poem. It's meditation and yes, some actual book work and research. Does it actually heal? Perhaps, but there is no proof, just like there is no proof that the power of prayer helps. On the flip side, when done correctly, it doesn't hurt.

It can kill when people don't use it correctly. You have to remember that there was a time when it was the only game in town. There were no doctors available in many villages. Medical science was unheard of and the local witch was the only chance you had. Many of them knew of herbs or 'potions' that would heal. Heart burn or a heart attack was pretty much the same thing by patient description. Especially since there were not ways to diagnose the actual problem. Chest pains killed back in the day or they went away without any treatment. The local witch would be able to cure all heartburn cases with some mint and the village cheered her vast knowledge. Those with actual heart maladies died as mint just made the corpses last breath smell fresher. Either way it was all they had in many areas. Lack of education made it seem like all pain in the chest would kill, not could kill.

Not taking advantage of modern medical advancements is what I call, "God's way of weeding out the stupid". Choosing magick over a qualified doctor is just assinine. I also advocate a second opinion or even a third if you feel it's in your best interest. However, both or all three need to be from licensed doctors in accredited medical facilities. Not some guru on a mountain top who has been kicked out of every town in the United States on bunko charges since 1968.

Now for the Wicca magick. Let's use that skeptic guys exact situation as posted. He's got a friend with an undiagnosed serious heart problem and he wants something a bit extra to help this friend. Cool, nothing wrong with purchasing a few crystals to let the friend know you're thinking about them and their dilemma. Then explain that these crystals are from Sedona, AZ from a new age shop and the owner said they're good for what ails ya. OK, cooler still. I see absolutely nothing wrong with making sure that the friend knows that you care enough to send the very best.

Now let's say that sick friend has a bunch of worry about an upcoming doctor visit for this problem. Worry doesn't help anyone, regardless of the illness. No one needs more stress when they are sick. So let's say that your thoughtfulness and caring (you thinking enough about this person to give them a gift) brings a smile to sick person's face every time they see those crystals. It may actually take their mind off their problems for a few minutes every now and then. It sure doesn't cure the problem but it sure doesn't hurt either.

Add a little bit of 'intent' via Wiccan magick which would be something along the lines of charging those crystals with healing energy. This is where it gets a bit foggy. If I were doing the intent, there would be specific things worked into my spell-

A. Friend listens to the best doctor and follows docs orders properly.
B. Friend doesn't have any unnecessary stress or complications prior to any major procedure.
C. Regardless of outcome, friend finds peace and relaxation.

Those intents are now 'charged' into a particular crystal. It's even possible that different types of crystals might be appropriate for each different intent. By me mentally having to think this all out in my mind, it reminds me to make sure I am not the possible cause of any negative energy. In other words, if sick friend has chosen treatment by the doc of her choice, it's not my place to question that qualified doctor or his treatment process. People don't need doubt put in their minds and I certainly don't have the qualifications to challenge a doctor's advice. Many people forget this and stress out a sick person with their stupid remarks.

I can take care of 'B' by caring enough to listen. If sick friend needs something, I can offer to help. If sick friend wants space, I can honor that as well.

Now 'C' is more for me than them. I can't control the outcome but I can wish them peace and relaxation and know that I did all I could under the circumstances. Should sick friend pass on, I can accept it much easier knowing that I did what I could. Also, every time I see crystals, I would remember sick friend and recall the good times we had together rather than dwell on their passing.

Magick or crystals or herbs or whatever is NO replacement for today's medical technology. However, if you combine it with a bit of magick, it will never hurt.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Dec 2009, 03:22

NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Dec 2009, 12:30

Typically the mines are not mines. They are stores that sell "pay dirt".

I've done quite a bit of mining in NC. There are mines, real operating mines, in the pegmatite district. There are also a number of old mines that allow a dig for a fee. I recently worked a mine that I worked back in 1990 called the Wray Mine. It's on NFS land and is open to the public. We found 2 common beryl, a piece of non gem quality aquamarine, and a piece of achroite. The latter is a non-colored beryl, a clear beryl - not blue like aquamarine.

The Wray mines are fabulous. You walk into the woods and did and see what you can find. The original miners here were the Native Americans that mined mica for trade with the Ohio mound builders. The mounds in Ohio have turned up an interesting collection of rock specimens: native copper from Michigan, shells from Florida, mica from NC, native silver from Ontario, and other specimens that illustrate the wide trading practices of the peoples of North America over 1000 years ago.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Dec 2009, 12:34

You might contact the Georgia mineral society at:
http://www.gamineral.org/

Also rock shows are sponsored by mineral clubs and that is a good place to meet people.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Dec 2009, 20:17

Nostradamus - Great information. Thank you.

In my younger days I used to work with builders. When their crew dug the hole for a basement I used to spend a day or two looking through the piles of excavated dirt for 'treasures'. In some areas it was pretty good pickings. Mostly fossils.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Dec 2009, 21:22

When I used to rock climb I'd go into the rangers office in national parks to sign out for the climbs. It's often nt mandatory, but a courtesy. Sometimes I'd get advice from a ranger and I looked at their hands. Soft office hands advice isn't often accurate. A rough hand with chipped fingernails is better advice. The same applies to rock hounding trips. Collecting site information comes best from someone that did not buy their collection.

While looking online I bumped into Graves Mtn Georgia. I remember many people making a long trip to get there, but have not been there myself.
Nostradamus

Previous

Return to Science / Alternative Science / Suppressed Research