[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Programming Crystals : Science / Alternative Science / Suppressed Research • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Programming Crystals

Discuss Science, Alternative Science and Suppressed Research.

Programming Crystals

Postby Nostradamus » 02 Dec 2009, 08:54

Since I work in software development and also used to dig crystals to sell to crystal people I got a kick out of reading this article.

You can't be out there in the dirt too long digging crystals without running into something worth reporting.

One time I was in Arkansas digging crystals and pulling in a few hundred a day. I was searching through a pile of mud when this woman was literally dragged in. Her knees were shot and she was looking for crystals to heal her knees. She had this little gardening tool that looked like she bought it immediately before coming to the mine. She was scratching at the mud and finding nothing. After a bit she'd ask her friends to come over and drag her to a new spot where she claimed crystals were calling to her. Again, she found nothing. This was getting on my nerves. Actually, it was ears. Her knees were so bad that she was screaming in agony as she was dragged from spot to spot in the mine. After only 3 drags I went over and offered my best find of the day. I did not want to suffer any hearing loss. I was turned down. Next drag I offered again. No thanks I was told.

What I did not understand was that she believed that the crystals I found had called to me. Only a crystal that calls to her could heal her knees. I tried to salt spots near her in the hopes of maintaining my sense of hearing. But I was caught and she would not touch the crystals I left for her to find. I tried to give crystals to her assigned draggers. They turned me down. They were tuned into the call of the wild crystal and wouldn't have me interfering.

At the end of day I felt like I'd been to a medieval dungeon. The woman resolved to come back until she found that healing crystal. I cut my mining trip short and headed off to mine wavelite.

I always wondered if she found that one special crystal to heal her knees.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Re: Programming Crystals

Postby ciscop » 02 Dec 2009, 13:06

one of my friends
had a pendulum with a crystal
she said that with that she could predict the sex of an unborn baby
and that she was almost always right

duh...
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Dec 2009, 04:00

Hmmmm, let me see how I can word this properly without offending anyone's delicate sensabilities here.....

I have this giant rose quartz crystal on my coffee table. My now husband gave it to me as a gift when we were first dating. He knew I was into crystals and the like and he was trying to impress me. He delivered it in a beautifully wrapped gift box with contrasting tissue and everything. As I opened it, I remarked how beautiful it was and that it almost looked like a heart shape. He asked me what rose quartz symbolized or what it is used for in the Wiccan culture and I told him basically for 'love'. He asked if this was a 'sex stone'. I told him, not exactly and I was curious how he happened to come across that information. He said that he didn't know anything about it being a sex stone, but it sure looked like a fu@king rock to him.

He is a skeptic with a great sense of humor.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 03 Dec 2009, 04:52

That's nice. Rose quartz crystals are a bit unusual.
Nostradamus

Postby ProfWag » 03 Dec 2009, 05:38

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 03 Dec 2009, 05:39

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 03 Dec 2009, 05:40

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 03 Dec 2009, 05:47

I know that a link to this website is not thought of highly around here, so please don't chastise me too much, but it's a story about a crystal shop in Sedona, Az.
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swi ... itory.html
ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 03 Dec 2009, 08:43

great article
thanks for sharing

hey ninjapuppy, so are you a wiccan?
that´s pretty cool.
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Dec 2009, 23:33

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Dec 2009, 00:38

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Dec 2009, 00:50

NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Dec 2009, 00:59

ProfWag I have been tothe main Coleman mine, but I have been more often to the one in Jessupville.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Dec 2009, 01:09

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 04 Dec 2009, 01:12

ProfWag

Next

Return to Science / Alternative Science / Suppressed Research