[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Rebuttal To Positive Claim That Psi Doesn't Exist : PseudoSkeptic Fallacies • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Rebuttal To Positive Claim That Psi Doesn't Exist

Discuss PseudoSkeptics and their Fallacies. Share strategies for debating them.

Rebuttal To Positive Claim That Psi Doesn't Exist

Postby leo100 » 24 Aug 2009, 02:01

There was a post made yesterday from Adamwho which is a member of the forum infidels forum. One of just arguments was that their is no organ in the brain that can receives signals from another person's brain. This is of course assuming that the brain isn't a receiver for the mind[information] itself. According to Adamwho their isn't, but no where in the post does he show why the brain can't be a complex receiver of the mind instead of the producer of the mind. If their is a soul which i see a ton of evidence that support it, it wouldn't be a jump to consider the possibility that the soul itself is the organ that decodes such EM signals in the brain.

Here's his post

http://www.freeratio.org/showthread.php?t=273617

I know Winston told me it may not be a good idea to keep debating and rebutting skeptic resources, but i see it as showing to other people that may fall into only seeing one side of the debate itself.
leo100

Re: Rebuttal To Positive Claim That Psi Doesn't Exist

Postby Ibison » 24 Aug 2009, 14:57

I agree that arguing with pseudoskeptics is pointless because they already have their minds made up. They care more about protecting their precious worldview than examining the evidence.

Notice how quickly he resorts to name-calling. Until he can come up with a debunking theory that actually makes sense (not to mention provides some evidence), I guess I'll remain an anti-science New-Ager.
Ibison

Postby kungfuscience » 24 Aug 2009, 20:13

kungfuscience

Postby Nostradamus » 24 Aug 2009, 21:47

I too found the statements by Ibison to be contradictory or at a minimum disconnected.

Proving a universal negative is usually impossible. On the old Bullwinkle and Rocky show was a material called Upsidasium that was anti-gravity. Could it exist? Unlikely given current theories. Here the question is existence of Psi. Does it definitely NOT exist? That's a question that cannot be proved with certainty.

Since the term pseudoskeptic is apparently a part of this forum's jargon I may be misusing the term in the following claim, but it seems that Ibison is a pseudoskeptic.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Ibison » 25 Aug 2009, 10:39

Well, I was being sarcastic about the anti-science New-Ager thing, which Adamwho accused anyone who doesn't completely reject the paranormal of being. I completely agree that science is about examining evidence and challenging worldviews, which is why I called Adamwho a pseudoskeptic. Instead of objectively analyzing evidence of certain phenomena, he already has his mind made up: "The paranormal does not exist." And no amount of evidence will change his mind.
Ibison

Postby Nostradamus » 25 Aug 2009, 10:50

Sorry. Took it at face value and did not recognize the sarcasm.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Ibison » 25 Aug 2009, 11:27

Haha, no problem.
Ibison

Postby kungfuscience » 26 Aug 2009, 19:19

kungfuscience

Postby Pegasus » 26 Nov 2009, 15:31

I will let you all in on a little secret...

I can tell you that the Paranormal world do NOT exist and here is why and it is quite simple.

If it is proven with the scientific method it is not paranormal at all... it is NORMAL plain and simple.

Therefore the conclusion are that there is NO paranormal world at all... ;)
Pegasus

Postby Eteponge » 26 Nov 2009, 16:27

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Pegasus » 26 Nov 2009, 16:50

Pegasus

Return to PseudoSkeptic Fallacies